Hartley gone again!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hollywood

Re: Hartley gone again!

Post by Hollywood »

JP Doyle is the best referee in the premiership by a mile. You can't blame him, he gave you an extra man advantage! Even Cockers said Saints were worthy winners!

Tigers fans just need to realise they are a spent force. The Saints are the best team in the country, you could of played against them with just 13 men, they would have won.

It all comes around in cycles, Saints have been building for five years, two lost semi finals and a lost final against the Tigers was all part of the learning journey. It just hurts more as they are neighbours that are top dogs!! :smt022 :smt023
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Big Dai wrote:
loretta wrote:Saints DID have 15 men all game, well 16 in the first 17 minutes. The ref had a shocker. And if Smith hadn't dropped, Doyle would never have noticed.

Gamesmanship required.
I'm going to get shot for this. BUT...........In the good ol' days Smiffy would just have had a quite word with the second row. At the next scrum the bind would have slipped sufficiently to allow one decent shot at the hookers nose! "Leave our bloke alone.....and we'll afford you the same courtesy old chap."

Sometimes I preferred the "self policing" element.

Eyes everywhere, refs like Madonna, all wired for sound and frankly as much use..................Where's me Remy!
The self-policing wold be fine, unfortunately the cameras catch that stuff these days, so what are you to do!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

JP Doyle is the best referee in the premiership by a mile.

Nope! Mr Barnes might have something to say about that!

The Saints are the best team in the country.

No, That's still the Tigers...........but they aren't playing very well.

The best performing teams are Bath and Sarries.

It just hurts more as they are neighbours that are Marginally better than us!...............

Unquote!
Last edited by Big Dai on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

loretta wrote:
Big Dai wrote:
loretta wrote:Saints DID have 15 men all game, well 16 in the first 17 minutes. The ref had a shocker. And if Smith hadn't dropped, Doyle would never have noticed.

Gamesmanship required.
I'm going to get shot for this. BUT...........In the good ol' days Smiffy would just have had a quite word with the second row. At the next scrum the bind would have slipped sufficiently to allow one decent shot at the hookers nose! "Leave our bloke alone.....and we'll afford you the same courtesy old chap."

Sometimes I preferred the "self policing" element.

Eyes everywhere, refs like Madonna, all wired for sound and frankly as much use..................Where's me Remy!
The self-policing wold be fine, unfortunately the cameras catch that stuff these days, so what are you to do!
Then turn them off!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Hollywood wrote:JP Doyle is the best referee in the premiership by a mile. You can't blame him, he gave you an extra man advantage! Even Cockers said Saints were worthy winners!

Tigers fans just need to realise they are a spent force. The Saints are the best team in the country, you could of played against them with just 13 men, they would have won.

It all comes around in cycles, Saints have been building for five years, two lost semi finals and a lost final against the Tigers was all part of the learning journey. It just hurts more as they are neighbours that are top dogs!! :smt022 :smt023
Your a great advert for Saints aren't you :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
covrich

Post by covrich »

What a great game. got to hand it to Saints with 14 men they played to slick and clinical.

I find out tactics a little frustrating. We seem to get the ball and kick uncontested pretty much and then let them slip through 3 or 4 tackles.. get ball back rinse and repeat.

Still in spite of that it wasn't a bad result in the end a point I would have taken before this match kicked off.

Still need a bit more penetrating in the midfield
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hollywood wrote:JP Doyle is the best referee in the premiership by a mile. You can't blame him, he gave you an extra man advantage! Even Cockers said Saints were worthy winners!

Northampton We actually win at home now Saints
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

sapajo wrote:

Your a great advert for Saints aren't you :smt017
He's (She's) a good advert for something!
sjm
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by sjm »

I seem to remember earlier this season a LI player got off punching Gibson because he didn't go down or needed treatment on the pitch
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

31st January could be interesting as it could be Hartley's come back game :smt011

16th May already looks to be a tasty date as well
exg922

Post by exg922 »

Honestly its embarrassing firstly that players are diving (think back to Bryan Habana being booed when he collected his Heineken cup medal), and even worse when fans are trying to justify it. Do you think they do this in New Zealand?? They will be laughing at northern hemisphere teams!!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

exg922 wrote:Honestly its embarrassing firstly that players are diving (think back to Bryan Habana being booed when he collected his Heineken cup medal), and even worse when fans are trying to justify it. Do you think they do this in New Zealand?? They will be laughing at northern hemisphere teams!!
Diving would suggest nothing has happened, he got elbowed in the face I think he is fully entitled to go down.

The only embarrassing thing about this incident is the Saints fans and management trying to defend it.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

exg922 wrote:Honestly its embarrassing firstly that players are diving (think back to Bryan Habana being booed when he collected his Heineken cup medal), and even worse when fans are trying to justify it. Do you think they do this in New Zealand?? They will be laughing at northern hemisphere teams!!
No matter who it was......the elbow to the face had some force behind it and was flush on the chin. I dont believe that Smith dived, as is being alleged. I would like to see how others would react to a similar hit.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Stains fans just never realise they have two of the biggest CAUGHT ON CAMERA thugs in the AP. :smt019
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

If Dull un Hartley had not just re signed for Stains then I would have guessed that today's action was just an "Audition" to join up with the Armatage duo in the Toulon Circus.