Music played at the ground

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AlphaWiseOwl

Re: Music played at the ground

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

I wasn't including Smoke on the Water in the list of tripe. Sometimes I just find the rest of it to be brain splittingly loud and musically awful. Yes, music appreciation is entirely subjective and entirely personal but it would be nice to hear a less hard rock mix one day.
Noggs
Super User
Super User

Post by Noggs »

Smoke on the water :smt023. Black eyed peas :smt023 . As for the rest....

The one good thing that Tigers do best is NOT playing music every time someone scores. This 'Americanism' belongs on the other side of the pond and long may it stay there.
Life can be unpredictable, so eat your pudding first!
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Noggs wrote:The one good thing that Tigers do best is NOT playing music every time someone scores.
Well said!
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:
Noggs wrote:The one good thing that Tigers do best is NOT playing music every time someone scores.
Well said!
+1
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

I agree with that too. Also pleased that we do not have to put up with crazed tannoy announcements screaming "Come on you Irish/Quins/Saints etc". Although with the audible quality of the Welford Road PA system we would probably not be able to work out what was being said. I have never once been able to hear the registration number of the car which I can only guess has either left its lights on, parked in the wrong place, is about to be towed away, or the name of the person who needs to report to "security immediately".
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

WhitecapTiger wrote:[quote="InGuinnessVeritas]what are Mud up to nowadays?
They'll be lonely this Christmas........[/quote][/quote]

Well two of them are dead...
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:
Well said!
About 5 or 6 years ago they tried that at Gloucester. Thankfully the match was televised, so the whole world got to see the Glaws fans booing almost all of their own scores. Needless to say, I don't think the ever tried it again. I suspect the Leicester board took note. I hope any attempt to do the same at Tigers wouls be met by the same derision...

...Unlike Twickenham, where they play that awful tune every time someone score (and make the world think we have the IQ of a 3 year old). Anyone else notice how much better GSTQ sounded without it being led by Laura Wright over the PA at the Samoa match. 82000 people don't need someone on a podium in the middle. :smt002
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Anyone else notice how much better GSTQ sounded without it being led by Laura Wright over the PA at the Samoa match. 82000 people don't need someone on a podium in the middle. :smt002
I didn't see the match but I hope the crowd sung GSTQ correctly and didn't go up on the last note.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:
Hot_Charlie wrote: Anyone else notice how much better GSTQ sounded without it being led by Laura Wright over the PA at the Samoa match. 82000 people don't need someone on a podium in the middle. :smt002
I didn't see the match but I hope the crowd sung GSTQ correctly and didn't go up on the last note.
I was one of the 82,000. I was pleasantly surprised at how rousing it was in the stadium.