Newly scheduled Prem matches

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Newly scheduled Prem matches

Post by ourla »

The Leicester Tigers versus Gloucester Rugby match in Round 14 has been selected for live coverage by BT Sport during the RBS 6 Nations and will now be a 7.45pm kick-off on Friday, February 13.

The Tigers trip to the Madejski Stadium to face London Irish has been moved to Sunday, February 22 (2pm).

In addition, all Round 22 matches, including Tigers at home to defending Aviva Premiership champions Northampton Saints, will kick off at 3.15pm on Saturday, May 16. The Final will kick off on Saturday, May 30 at 2.30pm.
Last edited by ourla on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Rescheduled Prem matches

Post by sapajo »

ourla wrote:The Leicester Tigers versus Gloucester Rugby match in Round 14 has been selected for live coverage by BT Sport during the RBS 6 Nations and will now be a 7.45pm kick-off on Friday, February 13.
Happy Xmas from BT Sport :smt013
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
The Ightham Tiger

Post by The Ightham Tiger »

Thanks Tigers & TV (BT this time)

That now makes 3 out of 3 big birthday celebrations that have been completely messed up on account of the selections made by the television companies...

The game around my 40th was moved to the Sunday, which led to rapid re-organisation of a group of friends. Happily the plans all came together.

Around my wife's 40th last year the match was moved to Sunday also, but we could not make that game as we had by then made other plans.

This time we were planning to treat a Gloucester fan friend with several other friends to a trip to Welford Road to celebrate his 50th, but with this match now showing on a Friday night, we are not going to be able to come up from the South East in time.

That'll be 3 tickets appearing again on StubHub and we're back to the drawing board for our friend's birthday.

Humph!!!
Ask not what your Tigers can do for you, but what you can do for your Tigers
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

And here begins the thread where all and sundry complain about Tigers having no backbone, not standing up to the TV company and telling them where to go.....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Excellent. That means we don't clash with England and we can watch both games. And a nice winter's evening under the floodlights after a week of work. Happy with that!

Plus makes taking the Mrs out on Valentine's easier on the Saturday. Result all round.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

Iain wrote:Excellent. That means we don't clash with England and we can watch both games. And a nice winter's evening under the floodlights after a week of work. Happy with that!

Plus makes taking the Mrs out on Valentine's easier on the Saturday. Result all round.

Now, I would have thought that taking her to the Tigers was the perfect Valentine! :smt003
AlphaWiseOwl

Post by AlphaWiseOwl »

Well that is two more home games we will not be able to go. Hasn't anybody looked at where supporters come from and how they are supposed to get to games? The Birmingham New Street train which serves all points between BNS and Stansted Airport does not run late enough on a Friday to accommodate anything after a 5pm KO. On a Sunday and especially in the winter, it is so susceptible to changes and delays, it is a complete lottery as to whether the train will arrive on time, or at all.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

That's exactly what the TV companies want. You cannot get to the games so you will watch it on TV.

When will people realise TV companies are not bothered whether people go to games?!

Kick off dates and times have been changed by TV for ages now. Get with the times people!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Without the money from the TV deals clubs would not be able to survive with top class players. The top class players would head where the money currently is, France and Japan!!
There are going to be people who miss out due to date changes.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:Without the money from the TV deals clubs would not be able to survive with top class players. The top class players would head where the money currently is, France and Japan!!
There are going to be people who miss out due to date changes.

Without the money from supporters clubs would not be able to survive with top class players :smt012
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It's actually a mix of both but but some people need to get off their high horse and realise it's not just ticket sales that keep clubs in business in this PROFESSIONAL era.

It frustrates me how many people moan about it just because it doesn't suit them. People need to be so selfish and realise that by having various kick off times, more people across the country can watch different matches.
APM16

Post by APM16 »

As the sport is now professional can we expect Tigers to be run in a more modern customer-focussed manner.
Now so many matches are moved around the schedule, wouldn't it be nice if the club reimbursed season ticket holders who were unable to attend the rearranged match. If I lived outside Leicester I wouldn't be able to attend evening kickoffs, unless I lived on one of the club bus routes. Consequently I would not buy a season ticket, as there would be a significant number of matches I could not attend. I know more than a few people who won't be renewing next season, or have not renewed this season for this reason. If the attendances drop significantly in the next season or two , I hope the people who run the club ask the reason why, and work out what they can do about it.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

As the sport is now professional can we expect Tigers to be run in a more modern customer-focussed manner.
Now so many matches are moved around the schedule, wouldn't it be nice if the club reimbursed season ticket holders who were unable to attend the rearranged match. If I lived outside Leicester I wouldn't be able to attend evening kickoffs, unless I lived on one of the club bus routes. Consequently I would not buy a season ticket, as there would be a significant number of matches I could not attend. I know more than a few people who won't be renewing next season, or have not renewed this season for this reason. If the attendances drop significantly in the next season or two , I hope the people who run the club ask the reason why, and work out what they can do about it.
Not going to happen! The attendances won't drop significantly enough. We have just announced the highest number of season ticket holders ever so it clearly isn't affecting that many people enough for them to not renew or purchase a season ticket.

It would take probably all 12 Premiership clubs threatening to quit the league for the TV companies to listen but they wouldn't then want to televise games meaning we wouldn't receive the money meaning the quality of the teams and the league would rapidly decrease and with it the attendances and then the clubs!

If you want to watch low quality rugby at 3pm every Saturday then go and watch your local team. Then again, they tend to kick off at 2pm or 2.30pm from October- March when the dark evenings set in and 2pm kick offs are no good for some people as they want 3pm kick offs :smt023
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

The title of this thread is perhaps a little misleading since as far as I was aware these fixtures had never been "scheduled" in the first place merely allocated to a weekend with the date and ko time to be scheduled according to TB requirements.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

But what irks even more is the fact that the Scarlets home game is less than five weeks away and yet we still don't know which day, let alone time the KO will be...!!!