Castro interview

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sajerj
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Castro interview

Post by Sajerj »

Contracts exist for the benefit of both player and club, and are signed by both parties understanding their obligations.

Castro asked to be released after receiving a proposal from Toulon. It seems Tigers proposed that he pays around fifty percent of his remaining contract outstanding.

That seems a very fair proposal by the club.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

When do we find out the result of any investigation into the behaviour of Castro and indeed Armitage and what the punishment will be? I have looked at the EPCRugby site but can only find the report into the incident and nothing about the outcomes.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

someone higher up the post trail - said "got the T shirt" - I assume in the usual parlance - but I had to laugh because there is already a Castro T shirt with his hairness on it at a nice quote from his rant underneath -- Thankfully a * has be put where the U should have been! - absolute classic and could be a good stocking filler! - I'm sure someone in Cockers family will have to buy him one!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

WirralExile wrote:When do we find out the result of any investigation into the behaviour of Castro and indeed Armitage and what the punishment will be? I have looked at the EPCRugby site but can only find the report into the incident and nothing about the outcomes.
All gone worryingly quiet given the fact that if any hearing was deemed necessary it would be held next week,time is moving on and any players would have to be given adequate notice. Furthermore, the lack of any announcement has allowed Toulon to field Armitage without facing any criticism to suspend him unlike Castro. I think Armitage will escape sanction and Castro will get a couple of weeks if anything.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

mightymouse wrote:someone higher up the post trail - said "got the T shirt" - I assume in the usual parlance - but I had to laugh because there is already a Castro T shirt with his hairness on it at a nice quote from his rant underneath -- Thankfully a * has be put where the U should have been! - absolute classic and could be a good stocking filler! - I'm sure someone in Cockers family will have to buy him one!
It was me. Where does Cockers live? Delivery can't be that expensive.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

What Castro has said, in isolation would be at the very least, disappointing. However he has been slagging Tigers and taking great pleasure in our injury problems all season on twitter. The man has sadly become a spitting image puppet of his former self.
No resect for him anymore.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Big Dai wrote:
mightymouse wrote:someone higher up the post trail - said "got the T shirt" - I assume in the usual parlance - but I had to laugh because there is already a Castro T shirt with his hairness on it at a nice quote from his rant underneath -- Thankfully a * has be put where the U should have been! - absolute classic and could be a good stocking filler! - I'm sure someone in Cockers family will have to buy him one!
Drop it in to Cockers in person at the stadium :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Big Dai wrote:
Drop it in to Cockers in person at the stadium :smt002
.................Got a wig?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

[quote="Big Dai]

.................Got a wig?[/quote]

Got a Castro wig that I wore for his Last match when we beat Stains. It's had a bag on it since then though, so it's a bit past it's best, a bit tarnished :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

:smt001
WhitecapTiger wrote:[quote="Big Dai]

.................Got a wig?
Got a Castro wig that I wore for his Last match when we beat Stains. It's had a bag on it since then though, so it's a bit past it's best, a bit tarnished :smt002[/quote][/quote]
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

h's dad wrote:I should have spotted that from your neutral even-handed evidence based comment.
All this talk of wigs has put me off..............Where was I? Ah Yes!

Indeed..............nice of you to point it out old chap! To be even handed I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of an angry, hairy Italian / Argentinian with superior strength and an overdose of adrenalin once the red mist descended either.

Evidence based? Most of the discussion on here is opinion and speculation anyway. All people gather as "evidence" is what they've read, gleaned from the media, body language of individuals, perhaps fleeting meetings and words, and the natural unconscious bias towards management or prop.

So here I sit between the unsavoury and the untrustworthy.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

all 3 columnists in todays rugby paper standing up for castro :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :smt009
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

dunks43 wrote:all 3 columnists in todays rugby paper standing up for castro :smt009 :smt009 :smt009 :smt009
Let's put it this way if Cockers did that would I be accepted.

People are forgetting ATM that rugby players are looked up to by the youth still.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Unsurprised at that, Dunks...perhaps they all feel quite okay and happy with such foul abusive language being used in a public televised place and the example it sets to children learning rugby and looking up to such a player.

Personally, I always really liked Castro, as a player and on the one occasion I met him. Now I have little respect for him and feel disgusted at his behaviour. From a personal viewpoint as a female, I utterly detest the use of that particular word as a term of insult and abuse.

No doubt some posters will say that foul language and insults/abuse come with the job in rugby. Possibly for some they do, but not in such a way, using that word, or in such a situation. and no, if Cockers had rushed into a public conference or press meeting and used such terms, I would NOT defend him to anyone.

Delon Armitage - beyond words. I wish I could moderate him myself....
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Rizzo wrote:. From a personal viewpoint as a female, I utterly detest the use of that particular word as a term of insult and abuse.
Totally agree Rizzo from a male viewpoint it is a word that I utterly detest and have never used :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity