Toulon away leg

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Toulon away leg

Post by ourla »

Cockerill said that there appeared to be no injuries coming out of Sundays match. So no reason why he couldn't field the same starting XV and subs bench. Croft is presumably available and may be get a bench place. I am not aware of any other returnees. Anybody else see any possible changes being made?

Toulon will obviously be very determined to turn the tables on us. And they will have their thinking caps on. They used a lot of replacements last week so I guess they have a few options personnel wise. Can we start with the same intensity as we did last week? Can we maintain our improvement in defence. I don't see why not tbh. I think it's more of a question of what Toulon have to give.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Toulon away leg

Post by JackFlashJonny »

I would play Lomanu at 13 if he is fit..Smith was the one weak link attacking wise imo although gave his all as always and kept Bastereaud quiet which was impressive could really just do with someone to get us going forward at 13 if only Manu was fit..Toulon are there for the taking without Giteau if we match that intensity and get the scrum going backwards there is no reason why we can't take it although I imagine they will have a lot more ball and the forwards will be pumped!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I would go with the same back line. Whilst it may lack the attack factor, it is a defensive back line that is working well. Would bring on other players as the game goes on. Loa manu has not played much rugby and would be a good sub.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

Keep the same team and attack using the forwards in scrums and line outs.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

If it ain't broke.... :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Oh, just one more thing. The KO time is 16.15 on the fixture list, is that their time or our time? We seem to have this every year and not being a Time Lord I always get confused. Basically, what is the KO time in good old GMT?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

GS wrote:Oh, just one more thing. The KO time is 16.15 on the fixture list, is that their time or our time? We seem to have this every year and not being a Time Lord I always get confused. Basically, what is the KO time in good old GMT?

Kick off time is 3-15pm (UK TIME)
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Booked in for some kids pressie swapping at 3pm. Grrrr!

Anybody would think it's Christmas.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

GS wrote:Oh, just one more thing. The KO time is 16.15 on the fixture list, is that their time or our time? We seem to have this every year and not being a Time Lord I always get confused. Basically, what is the KO time in good old GMT?
We have this 'problem' every year because, every year, people are told the times quoted are local times unless stated otherwise and, every year, people forget what they were told the previous year.

Another logical option would be to check the TV listings if the match you're interested in is being televised. That should give you a good indication to the kick-off time.

Alternatively, just ask on here and let someone else do your work for you. :smt011
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Tigebeat. wrote:

Kick off time is 3-15pm (UK TIME)
Thanks Tigerbeat. :smt038
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

InGuinnessVeritas wrote:
We have this 'problem' every year because, every year, people are told the times quoted are local times unless stated otherwise and, every year, people forget what they were told the previous year.

Another logical option would be to check the TV listings if the match you're interested in is being televised. That should give you a good indication to the kick-off time.

Alternatively, just ask on here and let someone else do your work for you. :smt011
Thanks BJ. :smt023
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

GS wrote:
InGuinnessVeritas wrote:

Thanks BJ. :smt023
So Time Lords really do regenerate.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Apparently so, but some of them change their names as well.
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

JackFlashJonny wrote:I would play Lomanu at 13 if he is fit..Smith was the one weak link attacking wise imo although gave his all as always and kept Bastereaud quiet which was impressive could really just do with someone to get us going forward at 13 if only Manu was fit..Toulon are there for the taking without Giteau if we match that intensity and get the scrum going backwards there is no reason why we can't take it although I imagine they will have a lot more ball and the forwards will be pumped!
I agree about Smith in attack but his defence was immense and so disciplined which against their back line you cant always fight fire with fire so instead stick Smith's defensive capabilities in there instead. If fit I would have Loamanu on the bench to bring on some intensity later in the game when their defence is less effective.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

GS wrote:Apparently so, but some of them change their names as well.
And your evidence for this allegation would be?