Super User

Re: Toulon Post Match

Post by Big Dai »

jgriffin wrote:
G.K wrote:
Dai My eighteen year old fly half just exploded at the telly! :smt013 :smt013
Better that than your fly. :smt004
He wishes, after all that Remy :smt005
What Remy...................never touched a drop............Honest!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Really?
Big Dai wrote:REMY TIME..............Well played lads!

Knackered! Totally :censored: stressed out! I've helped Dan Tom and Marcos by shoving the settee round the room!

BRILLIANT!
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

vin rouge wrote:It's a terrible outburst, from someone who has just been schooled in the scrum, and is probably needing to vent. .
Schooled?? Castrito had his bottom spanked, as did the (once) mighty Heyman.

Spoiled great memories for me, Castro is much diminished by his outburst.
brooksey845

Post by brooksey845 »

Fantastic performance!

Well done all involved enjoy a couple of cold ones this evening you deserve it.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

G.K wrote:Really?

Knackered! Totally :censored: stressed out! I've helped Dan Tom and Marcos by shoving the settee round the room!

BRILLIANT!
Well perhaps just the one!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

G.K wrote:Really?

BRILLIANT!
Well perhaps just the two!
Nailsworthstiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Nailsworthstiger »

Just got home and read the posts. What a game, we took it to Toulon and beat them at their own game. I think we were all up for it tonight and this I think is the turning point of our season. There was commitment from 1-15, the crowd was noisy and what a result.

Tigers are back! :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wormus »

[quote="LE18"]Why did so many Toulon players just leave the pitch after the final whistle instead of doing the usual sporting tunnel, clapping the oppsition off the field etc, well done to the half dozen or so who showed courtesy to their opponents. :smt018

Why Oh Why did the Toulon players avoid the "Tunnel of Flags" as they entered the pitch by diving through the gaps.
This is neither respectful or sporting and I feel sorry for the young flag marshals whose big day will be spoilt.
Fortunately I believe ALL Tigers went through the Tunnel of Flags.
Money does not buy Sportsmanship.
LessThanSte
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by LessThanSte »

I have to say that, having read this thread and then the Daily Mail article, aside from the fruity language and RC it really wasn't that bad.

He obviously has some gripes, no doubt made worse by just having lost a match against a team he would have loved to beat, but reading down the article there was a lot of love for Tigers.
#48 FTW :)
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/d ... ill-toulon

More from Castro. Shame.

For those of us who do not remember the sequence of events, IIRC, he didn't like sharing the starting spot with Cole and became vocal on the subject. Toulon approached him, offered a contract and Castro essentially burnt his bridges at Leicester and publicly stated that he was leaving. However, Toulon had not actually signed anything yet to get him released, realised that they wouldn't have to, appeared to go cool on the deal, and left Castro to pick up the tab for his contract at Tigers. Castro then had no choice but to dip into his own pockets so he could go to Toulon, where he still wouldn't be first choice but at least he would be paid more..

Bit of a dirty trick (or good financial management) from Toulon, but poor judgement on Castro's part which left him looking foolish. Looks like more of the same last night.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

A great shame about Castro - maybe he will live to regret the forum his did this in. I would have had no problems if he wanted to tell RC to his face in private what he thought but to do it in these terms, in public, is wrong and the authorities will look at this I am sure. If RC had done the same (or has he not not very long ago?) he would be up in front of the beak and the same should apply to Martin.

I am just as concerned about the "rumours" regarding what Armitage said to some of our fans. Those fans and people around them need them to come forward and tell Tigers staff what happened. We have children standing at the front of the terrace and they need to see the game played in the right way by all players from whatever club they come from.

Back to the game - BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT!!!!
Hehehehehehehehe
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Yes a truly Tigerish performance! All the forwards with the exception of Crane (IMO) were excellent. Williams and YBY likewise, the remainder of the backs did a good defensive job, but we are still lacking a cutting edge which I think will come as the confidence in the team increases.

Well played, shame about Castro, wrong time, wrong place etc....!!

I blame it on too much foreign food!! :smt003
Soggypitch
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Castro disgraced himself. I've lost virtually all of the respect I used to have for him now. After the warm welcome he got when his name was read out too.

He's completely in the wrong too. It seemed his gripes were always:

1. Annoyed he wasn't playing. (Cole was the better player in the end. That's life)
2. Annoyed he wasn't allowed to leave for free (he was under contract. Why should he be allowed to? It would have left us light on tightheads and without the funds to sign one ourselves)

Frankly I hope he doesn't get banned though. Simply as Ayerza man shamed him last night and I'd like to see more of the same, and his presence on the team sheet would be the team talk done.
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

tigerburnie wrote:Gossip on twitter that Castro might have stepped over the mark, invading a press conference and swearing at Cockers.
Yes he stated that RC was not a nice gentleman and he never wants to talk to him again !!!!!!!
floridaboy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by floridaboy »

TigerLad wrote:According to some people in the Crumbie Delon Armitage called some fans f#cking inbred c###'s. That should get him a suspension surely, aswell as his brother for a punch on Cole. Classless outfit really. Although that's to be expected when you're club is only built on money.
I'm afraid that did happen and I was told there was a post match discussion between French, Tigers and RFU types in the offices ! Lets see what happens eh !