Sack the DOR

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sack the DOR

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

I notice Saffacens have lost 3 premiership games on the bounce and won no silverware last year. Wonder whether the Saffacens fans are calling for McCalls head? Or maybe there are so few of them no-one really notices. :smt001
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Sack the DOR

Post by fentiger »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:I notice Saffacens have lost 3 premiership games on the bounce and won no silverware last year. Wonder whether the Saffacens fans are calling for McCalls head? Or maybe there are so few of them no-one really notices. :smt001
Well observed :smt023
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

This is a childish post and is a dig at genuine Tigers fans who have called for our DOR's head. With the resources we have we are not expected to lose any games and should be getting bonus point wins every game. You cannot compare us with Saracens. Saracens DOR has taken his team forward whilst ours has taken us backwards. :smt003
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:Or maybe there are so few of them no-one really notices. :smt001
So few of who? :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dog - childish is my middle name.

Whitecap - Saffacens DOR's or Saffacens fans - take yer pick :smt023
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Greenwhiteandred wrote:Dog - childish is my middle name.

:smt023
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:Dog - childish is my middle name.

:smt005 I was playing along gwar, so few of who........as if I couldn't see anybody......... :smt002

It's never the same when you have to explain :smt005 :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

I notice a lot of people have viewed this topic - probably a lot of doom mongers looking for a place to vent their spleen. I am so glad that they have probably been disappointed. Although I think everyone on this forum should really start a campaign to sack Mark McCall - absolutely shocking results for his team and their culture :smt005
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

Well, as a season ticket holder for over 2o years since I stopped playing I am not ashamed to say that Cockerill has been appalling! We have gone backwards yet we have players who, on paper, are man to man as good as any in the premiership. Tigers don't seem to have a vision on how they should play other than 'crash, bang, wallop' or a structure.

By the way because I express this view does not make me a doom merchant - we don't have to accept the mediocrity that Cockerill has delivered for the last 2 seasons. We have the players but not the coaching.

I will now wait for the vitriol that this will generate :smt001
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

:smt027
bc wrote:Well, as a season ticket holder for over 2o years since I stopped playing I am not ashamed to say that Cockerill has been appalling! We have gone backwards yet we have players who, on paper, are man to man as good as any in the premiership. Tigers don't seem to have a vision on how they should play other than 'crash, bang, wallop' or a structure.

By the way because I express this view does not make me a doom merchant - we don't have to accept the mediocrity that Cockerill has delivered for the last 2 seasons. We have the players but not the coaching.

We won the league 2 seasons ago...... :smt017
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

bc wrote:Well, as a season ticket holder for over 2o years since I stopped playing I am not ashamed to say that Cockerill has been appalling! We have gone backwards yet we have players who, on paper, are man to man as good as any in the premiership. Tigers don't seem to have a vision on how they should play other than 'crash, bang, wallop' or a structure.

None from me other than agreement. The fact we won the 2 seasons ago means diddly squat. The ERC performances have been poor. Appearances in the final, only to lose, count for nothing - ask any professional sports person how good coming second really is!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Name me a team(the Harlem Globetrotters don't count) that has a record as good as ours........................................(probably in any sport too).
What team has a divine right to win every year, especially in Europe and win their domestic competions as well? Toulon haven't, not the Sinners,Nor the Sorries, go abroad, any constant finalists, winning every year?Even the All Blacks don't win everything. I am accused of not being a realist? I think some need to look at themselves first.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:I notice a lot of people have viewed this topic - probably a lot of doom mongers looking for a place to vent their spleen. I am so glad that they have probably been disappointed. Although I think everyone on this forum should really start a campaign to sack Mark McCall - absolutely shocking results for his team and their culture :smt005
To be honest, seeing who started the thread I was well aware that it was going to be some sarcastic post based on the results over the AI window that was going to suggest that all the 'doom mongers' should be eating their words because we should be delighted to be out of the play-off places, be watching the second-worst attack in the Premiership labouring vainly each week (thanks, London Welsh!), and be two weeks from dropping out of the Champions Cup.

We should obviously be fully supporting our DoR because the catastrophically poor signings, the high player turnover, the failings of player development and the abysmal standards on the pitch are nothing to do with him and everything is rosy.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

4071 wrote:[

We should obviously be fully supporting our DoR because the catastrophically poor signings, the high player turnover, the failings of player development and the abysmal standards on the pitch are nothing to do with him and everything is rosy.
What poor signings? Are you suggesting our DoR signed players knowing they would get injured. High player turnover, really - some have moved on and some have retired and in this day and age some will move because they want regular rugby which they may not get here. Are you suggesting we dont replace players that have left and chain the others up inside WR.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

4071 wrote:
Greenwhiteandred wrote:I notice a lot of people have viewed this topic - probably a lot of doom mongers looking for a place to vent their spleen. I am so glad that they have probably been disappointed. Although I think everyone on this forum should really start a campaign to sack Mark McCall - absolutely shocking results for his team and their culture :smt005
To be honest, seeing who started the thread I was well aware that it was going to be some sarcastic post based on the results over the AI window that was going to suggest that all the 'doom mongers' should be eating their words because we should be delighted to be out of the play-off places, be watching the second-worst attack in the Premiership labouring vainly each week (thanks, London Welsh!), and be two weeks from dropping out of the Champions Cup.

Would you care to expand on any of those points? Leo, Gibson, Scully, Logo, Niki, Kitch, Thorn, Parling, Salvi etc have hardly been bad signings. It's inevitable that some players aren't going to live up to those standards and there isn't a club in any sport on Earth that doesn't make bad signings sometimes. You've decided that players like Loamanu who haven't had the impact we would have liked are atrocious in December, I dare say that most of them will prove you wrong. The high player turnover has improved our squad and we are stronger now than in previous years , injuries have made us forget that. Failings of player development? Gibson, Slater, Scully, Logo, Kitchener etc have all improved massively recently. We haven't been great this season, that's obvious but we never play well at this time of the year and it's guaranteed that we will be so much improved come May. Cockers has admitted that everything isn't rosy, that's why we have hired one of the most promising young coaches in world rugby. You'll clearly never be happy with him and other than winning every trophy every year nothing he does will impress you.