Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Marcos Ayerza

Post by Iain »

He's just sensationally good isn't he?

My Man of the Match last night. He is an absolute beast at scrum time, but it is noticeable how often he is also first to the breakdown, and how much of a nuisance he is at line outs, constantly in the ears of the opposition.

He has a real solid claim for being the best loosehead in the world and it is a real privilege to have him playing for us.

And to think I remember a time when he first played for us when someone on here genuinely tried to tell me Michael Holford should have been getting more game time ahead of him! :smt044
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Marcos Ayerza

Post by TigerLad »

Iain wrote:He's just sensationally good isn't he?

My Man of the Match last night. He is an absolute beast at scrum time, but it is noticeable how often he is also first to the breakdown, and how much of a nuisance he is at line outs, constantly in the ears of the opposition.

He has a real solid claim for being the best loosehead in the world and it is a real privilege to have him playing for us.

And to think I remember a time when he first played for us when someone on here genuinely tried to tell me Michael Holford should have been getting more game time ahead of him! :smt044
Completely agree with you. How many times was he the one who recovered the ball after they dropped the ball. For a loosehead prop to chase 50m and get the ball is incredible and he did it multiple times. Love his try scoring celebrations. Everyone else sprints over clapping and hugging, Marcos just walks slowly back to halfway, none of that nonsense for props , reminiscent of Julian White. For me he is the best LH in world rugby, I genuinely don't have any doubt about that.
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

I concur with everything that has been said. Also, by all accounts he is true gent of the field. A true, loyal Tiger.
Loki

Post by Loki »

as an Ulster fan I was very impressed with him last night. our scrum's been ok this season but it wasn't the weapon I hoped it would be. Ayerza had a great game and seems like a cult hero. :smt038
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

And his testimonial year shirt is excellent too :smt001
A citizen of hope and glory
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Iain wrote:He's just sensationally good isn't he?
The most hilarious player by far, at the line out he instructs the touch judge where to stand, tells the opposition where to stand, then let's the ref know all is ok to proceed. Bossing it like no other, boshing it like no other, total class.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Ayerza is totally indispensible, the best player at Tigers by some distance.
Does he have a twin ?
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Norfolk & Goode wrote:The most hilarious player by far, at the line out he instructs the touch judge where to stand, tells the opposition where to stand, then let's the ref know all is ok to proceed. Bossing it like no other, boshing it like no other, total class.
I always watch out for Marcos doing that and have a good chuckle, especially when the touch judge adjusts his position to suit!
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

bc wrote:I concur with everything that has been said. Also, by all accounts he is true gent of the field. A true, loyal Tiger.
And took the time pre match to come to the Cat stand & sign our shirts for us - Nigel thought he mustn't be playing as otherwise he wouldn't have time, but he was (superbly) & he came & signed our shirts....... & spent some time with us as well.
A true Tigers gent :smt038 :smt038
Pip
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Marcos is a quietly spoken gentle giant but what a beast on the pitch. I would urge everyone to support his testimonial year. The shirt is fantastic and I may even get a second one. It will look fantastic at the premiership final in the sun!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

When we get Dan Cole and Logi back fit working along side him, the work load will be shared and we will be even more destructive. Having said that I am getting quietly impressed with Fraser Balmain, looking good for the future for him too.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

We need our other props back from injury as it's a big ask to play the full 80 every week. Then we will really appreciate how good he is.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Couldn't believe it when Ben Kay said on BT that Mulipola and Cole would be first choice if fit...Ayerza is a scrum-ptious! :smt003
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

JackFlashJonny wrote:Couldn't believe it when Ben Kay said on BT that Mulipola and Cole would be first choice if fit...Ayerza is a scrum-ptious! :smt003
But then again can you imagine Logo battering the opposition and then Marcos coming on in the second half to totally destroy them.
JackFlashJonny
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JackFlashJonny »

Doghashadhisday wrote:
JackFlashJonny wrote:Couldn't believe it when Ben Kay said on BT that Mulipola and Cole would be first choice if fit...Ayerza is a scrum-ptious! :smt003
But then again can you imagine Logo battering the opposition and then Marcos coming on in the second half to totally destroy them.
I personally think it is much better the other way around Ayerza winning you the key penalties earlier in the game especially if tight and Logo coming on to rampage on tired bruised bodies but either would work for me right now..if only!