Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Re: Team Vs London Irish

Post by jgriffin »

Big Dai wrote:I'd go with,
B Stankovich, R Thomas, L Fairbrother, C Hill, R Landman (capt), L Evans , T Faletau, N Cudd, H Amos; T Prydie, B John, D Jones , A Brew, A O'Brien, R Rees,

Ha ha ha! Remy Time!
Glad to know Bozza thrives - for a minute I thought that God walked the earth again when I saw B.John :smt005
Don't lose faith Dai, times will change and Tiggers will return.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

jgriffin wrote:
Big Dai wrote:I'd go with,
B Stankovich, R Thomas, L Fairbrother, C Hill, R Landman (capt), L Evans , T Faletau, N Cudd, H Amos; T Prydie, B John, D Jones , A Brew, A O'Brien, R Rees,

Ha ha ha! Remy Time!
Glad to know Bozza thrives - for a minute I thought that God walked the earth again when I saw B.John :smt005
Don't lose faith Dai, times will change and Tiggers will return.
He was sloping shouldered, lumbering around and puffing a bit yesterday. Don't know if he picked my accent out in the crowd.....
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Downsouth

Post by Downsouth »

I have been debating whether to try to select the lottery numbers or guess the side for the weekend. Both are not easy. In terms of who I guess will play:

15. Tait - might not be 100% but I think will play
14. Scully - assuming Morris is injured
13. Manu - hopefully fit
12. Bai - assuming Allen injured
11. Goneva
10. Williams - assuming Burns not 100% but may have picked him anyway
9. YBY
1. Logo - my temptation would have been to start with Brugnara and Pasquali with Balmain and Logo on after 50 with a point to prove, but don't think it will happen
2. Ghiraldini
3. Balmain
4. Thorn - I think he was scheduled for the week after, but is needed (if not fit start with de chaves)
5. Kitchener - I have assumed Parling out under concussion rules
6. Croft - tough call but would also be happy with Gibson
7. Salvi
8. Barbieri - Crane has more control, but can't help feeling Crane won't be fully fit after the knock he took last weekend

16. Brugnara
17 Briggs
18 Pasquali
19 De Chaves
20 Gibson - again assuming Crane not right
21 Harrison
22. Pohe
23. Smith - if Burns took a knock and we are starting with two fly halves, why put him on the bench

I have a feeling there could be a surprise such as Benjamin - you never know
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Downsouth wrote:I have been debating whether to try to select the lottery numbers or guess the side for the weekend. Both are not easy. In terms of who I guess will play:

15. Tait - might not be 100% but I think will play
14. Scully - assuming Morris is injured
13. Manu - hopefully fit
12. Bai - assuming Allen injured
11. Goneva
10. Williams - assuming Burns not 100% but may have picked him anyway
9. YBY
1. Logo - my temptation would have been to start with Brugnara and Pasquali with Balmain and Logo on after 50 with a point to prove, but don't think it will happen
2. Ghiraldini
3. Balmain
4. Thorn - I think he was scheduled for the week after, but is needed (if not fit start with de chaves)
5. Kitchener - I have assumed Parling out under concussion rules
6. Croft - tough call but would also be happy with Gibson
7. Salvi
8. Barbieri - Crane has more control, but can't help feeling Crane won't be fully fit after the knock he took last weekend

16. Brugnara
17 Briggs
18 Pasquali
19 De Chaves
20 Gibson - again assuming Crane not right
21 Harrison
22. Pohe
23. Smith - if Burns took a knock and we are starting with two fly halves, why put him on the bench

I have a feeling there could be a surprise such as Benjamin - you never know
I don't think Benjamin is allowed to play until some time in October. He's fit, but if he plays before this time we won't receive injury dispensation which we have probably already spent. Tait said he will be fine for Saturday in an interview in premiership rights official website. I can't quite remember where I heard it but apparently Allen is out for up to a month.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

Why not play tait at centre with scully at full back, stick goneva and loamanu on the wings if fit with Bai and Smith as back up, down to the bare bones already.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

With the latest news on the injury front with T Youngs, Parling, Morris and possibly Burns and Tait sidelined and Mele missing I think its time to clench the buttocks, take a deep breath and get behind which ever players take the field. Forget last week and let's roar the lads on. If the crowd moan and groan at every mistake then it wont help the lads. Leave your gripes at home with your keyboards! I personally think the next 2 months are going to see a very rough time for our team. They have given us nearly 20 years of finals and thrills, its time to pay them back with our support. :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:With the latest news on the injury front with T Youngs, Parling, Morris and possibly Burns and Tait sidelined and Mele missing I think its time to clench the buttocks, take a deep breath and get behind which ever players take the field. Forget last week and let's roar the lads on. If the crowd moan and groan at every mistake then it wont help the lads. Leave your gripes at home with your keyboards! I personally think the next 2 months are going to see a very rough time for our team. They have given us nearly 20 years of finals and thrills, its time to pay them back with our support. :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Fully agree - I hope you're wrong about Burns and Tait being injured though. RC said Benjamin is fit.
Soggypitch
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Jimmy Skitz wrote:may as well start this and try and move on from today's shambles, I'm going to assume OTY, Parling (possible concussion?) & Mele are unavailable and that Ant Allen and Manu will be available

15 Tait
14 Morris
13 Manu
12 Allen
11 Goneva
10 Birns
9 B. Youngs
1 Brugnara
2 Briggs
3 Mulipola
4 De Chaves
5 Kitchener
6 Croft
7 Salvi
8 Barbieri

Ghiraldini
Bristow
Balmain
Thorn
Gibson
Harrison
Williams
Pohe/Bai/Scully
What has happened to Terrence Hepetema? He was very promising
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Alas most posters are in HappyLand - No Manu, Allen, Parling, Burns, Tait, Morris....
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

RagingBull wrote:Williams we be given a go @ 10 imo.

I would start De cheves @ second row ahead of Croft, he is to lightweight to play there and it would just be risking injury imo.
I agree although I rate both very highly Croft and Kitchener together are very light weight
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

baz1664 wrote:Why not play tait at centre with scully at full back, stick goneva and loamanu on the wings if fit with Bai and Smith as back up, down to the bare bones already.
Great shout, if we are missing Manu and Allen then I would like to see Tait at centre, although I would have Morris and fullback
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Chobbsy wrote:What has happened to Terrence Hepetema? He was very promising
I will give you 2 guesses but you will only need 1.

:smt023
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

BUMP - this is the next game, Bath was last week
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

You can't believe the boys won't be anything other than pumped for this game. If the forwards can provide even a reasonable platform then we have enough in backs capable of doing the job. Going to be a fascinating first 20 minutes. I wouldn't expect too many points to be scored but obviously it will be vital. Low error count and tackling two areas we need to get right.

Toyyyy-gers, Toyyyy-gers, Toyyyy-gers!!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I'm with Smurphs. Give the kids some support this week. We may lose a game or two in the current climate but we'll only lose the longer term objectives if we rush players back.
If we roll out a Weak side and they go down fighting so be it
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man