Cheer up!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

ourla
Super User
Super User

Cheer up!

Post by ourla »

It's my first match as a STH on Saturday and you boys, and girls, are depressing me :smt018 :smt022

Just been reading comments on facebook aswell. Apparently we've been "drifting for years" and something "radical needs to change". Another said the club shouldn't have posted up about the A team result because it was just more "bad news". :smt017 :smt046

I couldn't make the Falcons match so I'm really excited about Saturday. I'm hoping the team will be pumped and will put right some of the mistakes from last Saturday. This fixture is no gimme, and indeed I wouldn't want it to be. So I'm looking forward to some entertainment. Which after all, is what it's all about!

So anyway, don't spoil it for me, let's start to get a little bit more positive in the run up to Saturday! Sod the injuries, sod the doubts, we are Leicester Tigers. Let's roar.
:smt032
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Cheer up!

Post by cidermark »

Ourla, you will be witnessing history next week when ('cos of the injuries) you will see the first ever mini rugby team beat a visiting Premiership club

:smt002 :smt040
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The usual call goes out - anyone going to the match on Saturday and capable of 5 minutes rugby, please bring your boots. :smt010
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Good on you Ourla, enjoy the game. After your recent postings you can take over from me as a happy clapper. I hope you have not got seat Q47 in the stand formerly known as the Alliance and Leicester :smt001 :smt001
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

jgriffin wrote:The usual call goes out - anyone going to the match on Saturday and capable of 5 minutes rugby, please bring your boots. :smt010
My wife laughed at the thought of me lasting 5 minutes (I hope she was thinking about rugby). Normally I would put my hand up to help Tigers but at the moment the risk of injury is just too great.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:
jgriffin wrote:The usual call goes out - anyone going to the match on Saturday and capable of 5 minutes rugby, please bring your boots. :smt010
My wife laughed at the thought of me lasting 5 minutes (I hope she was thinking about rugby). Normally I would put my hand up to help Tigers but at the moment the risk of injury is just too great.
Mrs G said I'd be good for more than 5 mins, but not with blokes. She estimated 5 seconds after the first hit.......I did pack in 18 years ago!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RWA
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RWA »

I'm 50, but if asked by Cockers to pull on the shirt (admittedly this may take some time), and partner Mr Kitchener in the second row this Saturday, I'd do it in a heartbeat. It might be the last breath that I take, but it would be worth it to run out onto the hallowed turf. :smt027