Doncaster Game Cancelled? No Double Header?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

AndyM

Doncaster Game Cancelled? No Double Header?

Post by AndyM »

Have I missed the official announcement that the Doncaster game on Friday has been cancelled? I have just caught up on the podcast and heard Cockers says that it's cancelled and yet I can't seem to recall getting an email or seeing anything posted on the website.

Looking forward to the season getting started with our first home game I've taken the afternoon off! As season ticket holder should I have got an email?
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: Doncaster Game Cancelled? No Double Header?

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

There was a story posted on the website on 18 August - admittedly, it's now dropped off the recent news articles and I had to search for it: http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/20456.php
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

Thanks. I must've missed this whilst I was away.
shazbats

Post by shazbats »

I've too only just found out the Doncaster game has been cancelled, bit miffed as was looking forward to both games, would've have been nice to have been informed.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

It was announced via the news page and local media, I believe also on Facebook although I don't go on the Tigers Facebook often.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

shazbats wrote:... would've have been nice to have been informed.
As mentioned earlier, the news item has been posted on this site for over a week. What more do you want?
shazbats

Post by shazbats »

Rizzo wrote:It was announced via the news page and local media, I believe also on Facebook although I don't go on the Tigers Facebook often.
Thanks Im not Local so wouldn't have seen local press and have also been away,

shaz
AndyM

Post by AndyM »

An email to all season ticket holders would have been a good idea. I don't have the luxury of checking the website's latest news every few days and was away so missed the local news however I did opt in to updates via email from Tigers and read these avidly when I get them as don't have to actively seek them out they are delivered to me personally rather than having to go looking for updates. Just a suggestion....
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

AndyM wrote:An email to all season ticket holders would have been a good idea. I don't have the luxury of checking the website's latest news every few days and was away so missed the local news however I did opt in to updates via email from Tigers and read these avidly when I get them as don't have to actively seek them out they are delivered to me personally rather than having to go looking for updates. Just a suggestion....
It was in the emailed Tigerzine so you don't even need to be a season ticket holder.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

It was confirmed as cancelled on the forum on 18th August , under topic Pre season fixtures.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

LE18 wrote:It was confirmed as cancelled on the forum on 18th August , under topic Pre season fixtures.
Unfortunately, this forum, whilst quite entertaining, isn't an official information channel for the club!

The messages posted here are often based on conjecture, opinion and, more than occasionally, some substantiated truth.

But that doesn't mean that you can always rely on what's written here :smt018
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Cidermark, Sorry to dissapoint you but this was the link that they used to tell us, you can apologise if you wish!

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/20456.php
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

It was my birthday and the Tigers didn't send me a card, how bad was that...............................( I think I now know why some have left)
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

LE18 wrote:Cidermark, Sorry to dissapoint you but this was the link that they used to tell us, you can apologise if you wish!

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/20456.php
Quite right LE18 :smt023
However the link you have supplied is to the official Leicester Tigers web site not this forum.

You may apologise if you wish :smt023 :smt003
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

You may twist things anyway you like, i told you where it was discussed with the evidence there if you had read the lead i gave you.

I dont like finger wagging, its rude!