New Home shirt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: New Home shirt

Post by Darc Tiger »

When was the last time we had light green?
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I think I was a NEXT shirt? Stansky Era? But I guess only 30 years or so before that according to my memory..................so no big deal!
Lost identity? The legends managed to get a decent one. I won't be buying this Sh*t!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
tigertez

Post by tigertez »

I wasn't at the open day today so haven't seen the kit 'in the flesh', but online it looks a tad underwhelming. Let's hope the away kit is better!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Lutontiger wrote:As I'd feared last season, we had more injuries, in my opinion as kit made our players look smaller and therefore less intimidating for tacklers. At least this season the red sleeves make us look a little broader. Agree totally with those who are underwhelmed and asking why were consumers not consulted more. My main question is: why all the green, at the expense of the white n red? Do Canterbury do any club research? Or did they need to get rid of a job lot of green dye??
Are you being serious?

What.....What did I just read?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Big Dai wrote:I think I was a NEXT shirt? Stansky Era? But I guess only 30 years or so before that according to my memory..................so no big deal!
Lost identity? The legends managed to get a decent one. I won't be buying this Sh*t!

I believe your're about right with the light green timescale. When the 1999-2001 shirt was released (Vauxhall sponsored, first "evergreen" example, and the first to lose the "traditional" hoops), there was an article with either Mr Tom or Mr Wheeler stating that the darker green harked back to an even earlier iteration of shirt.

Anyway, onto this shirt... Inoffensive, fairly conservative. They're never going to be entirely "traditional" as a modern company will want something fairly unique every year, that those who must have the "newest" thing will buy. As it happened, at WR today my two sons wanted the 12/13 away and the 12/14 euro shirt respectively. Saved the wallet! :smt003
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

Another year without buying a shirt!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think the classic shirts look a hell of a lot better than last years.

http://store.leicestertigers.com/stores ... pid=142245
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

RagingBull wrote:I think the classic shirts look a hell of a lot better than last years.

http://store.leicestertigers.com/stores ... pid=142245
I think last years belongs in the experimental category. Looking at this one, making it a "casual" shirt, without the CAT branding, hasn't worked. People want a replica shirt that looks like the playing ("test") shirt be it a "pro" or "classic".
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Leghorn wrote:Oh dear. Completely underwhelming.

Wider bands please. Does anyone at the Club have any imput or do Canterbury tell us what to wear?

If there is input from someone here I'd suggest they might canvass opinion from the people who'll be buying them.
I've been told that the first proposal that Canterbury came back with was rejected by Tigers, so to answer your question, it would appear that they do have input.

Also, for those of you that don't like this one, you're definitely NOT going to like the away kit.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

The classic shirt is how the playing shirt should look imo, the tigers badge in the centre just doesn't look right. Apart from that not too bad and seeing as I am in desperate need of a new shirt I will probably buy one :smt023
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I quite like the classic shirt. The test shirt could have been better but we're talking about something that is very subjective.
I just wish it was a little less expensive.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Grumpy of Crumbie

Post by Grumpy of Crumbie »

As beauty is in the eye of the beholder and any opinion on the new shirt will be subjective I'll stay out of that debate.

What I don't understand is why Tigers/Canterbury don't look for the views of supporters as part of the design process. Down the road at De Montfort University is a well recognised fashion design department, why not give the students a brief, ask each of them to design a shirt and present the outputs to supporters for a vote.

Clearly the parameters around colours, logos, badges, manufacturing and premiership rugby rules would have to be specified but wouldn't it be great to see a diversity of designs and have the opportunity to have input to the outcome. There could even be a prize for the winning student.

It would involve supporters, be a bit of fun and while not avoiding the annual like/don't like debate at least those who don't like it would have to recognise that it had been voted for by their peers.

Of course it doesn't avoid the 'you can't please some of the people any of the time' scenario.
If you don't go in hard it's not a tackle it's an insult.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

Hi Grumpy, I really like your suggestion. It would be a great way for the club to engage with supporters and potential supporters.

I'm afraid I'm disappointed by the new shirt. As has been suggested on another thread, I'd like to see the Red Green and White stripes arranged a bit like Bath arrange their Blue BLack & White. Saints have also just released their new shirt with broad Green Black and Gold stripes.

The dominant green of this and last years shirt is too close to London Irish. I'm not sure we'll be able to see the thin stripes from the stands.

I'm looking after my short from the 10/11 season, could be a while before we get another as good as that!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

It's better than the last two, but that's not saying a lot!!
Soggypitch
lee

Post by lee »

Anyone notice the white kit is now listed under the 2014/2015 euro kit in the club shop online