One thing I want this season

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: One thing I want this season

Post by tigerburnie »

Whilst I understand peoples concerns and I am sure for those who have to travel, they have to weigh up the value of a season ticket, but you ought to email the club as I doubt anyone from the club reads any of this. You never know it might make a difference.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

There may be some from the club, I don't know - but I do know that there are some people from the media who do dip into this forum.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

1 Tigers to give a proper account of themselves without crippling injury lists
2 We get to as many matches as we can afford to
3 I get 'Reffing for Dummies' for Xmas from a certain poster..... :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

jgriffin wrote:1 Tigers to give a proper account of themselves without crippling injury lists
You just couldn't let it lie, could you..?
:smt002
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

L Smith wrote:
jgriffin wrote:1 Tigers to give a proper account of themselves without crippling injury lists
I could say more but it's that old unattributable sources thing (see h's dad) so I can't tell you what a pro player (to be a coach next) actually said about the ABs and refs in case he is identifiable, I gave too many clues as it is. I thought it all a jolly good laugh anyway!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

jgriffin wrote:
L Smith wrote:
I could say more but it's that old unattributable sources thing (see h's dad) so I can't tell you what a pro player (to be a coach next) actually said about the ABs and refs in case he is identifiable, I gave too many clues as it is. I thought it all a jolly good laugh anyway!
I chuckled. Thanks for the plug.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

3 I get 'Reffing for Dummies' for Xmas from a certain poster.....
If you do not get your wish list you could visit the IRB site and find some helpful tips on how the pro's do it.
Unfortunately it does not advise on how to blow into a whistle, how high to wear your shorts or offer a shading chart differentiating the colours red and yellow.
Cheery chappy
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

The Boy Dave wrote:
3 I get 'Reffing for Dummies' for Xmas from a certain poster.....
If you do not get your wish list you could visit the IRB site and find some helpful tips on how the pro's do it.
Unfortunately it does not advise on how to blow into a whistle, how high to wear your shorts or offer a shading chart differentiating the colours red and yellow.
'tis in my bookmarks and has been for a long while. Doesn't advise on nationality and spear tackles/gouging either :smt004

I'd REALLY like to see a rampant Tigers side marmalise Stains and Saffas. Now that would be fun.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

tigerburnie wrote:...add on the fact that the footy is now in the top flight and you can expect more game disruptions and Rugby is sure to lose out if the fixtures clash...
As far as I can see, there are the clashes for this coming season.

DEFINITE
February 28th - Tigers home to Sale; City home to Chelsea

POSSIBLES
December 13th - Tigers might be home in Euro Cup Week 4; City home to Man City
January 3rd - Tigers home to Bath; City might be home in FA Cup 3rd Round
January 17th - Tigers might be home in Euro Cup Week 5; City home to Stoke
January 24th - Tigers might be home in Euro Cup Week 6; City might be home in FA Cup 4th Round
February 14th - Tigers home to Gloucester; City might be home in FA Cup 5th Round
March 14th - Tigers might be home in LV semi finals; City home to Hull
April 4th - Tigers might be home in Euro Cup quarter finals; City home to West Ham
April 18th - Tigers might be home in Euro Cup semi finals (use City's ground); City home to Swansea (if not in FA Cup semi finals)

I've only put the Saturday dates to save typing.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Crumbs InGuinessVeritas - that is detective work that makes Miss Marple look average! :smt002 A lot of 'ifs and buts' in there mind. Fancy LCFC will want to go out early in the FAC to keep Premier League hopes alive and we have a tough European group to secure a home QF and the SF wouldn't be at WR in any case.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Thank you but all I did was compare the clubs' fixture lists and the dates for the FA Cup.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I would like all forum users to be respectful of other people's opinions and the right to hold and express said opinions, to be civil and not insulting to others who disagree with them.

Sadly I think this is crying for the moon :smt009
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

The Thing I want most from this season is a more robust attitude from Tigers management vis a vis the television companies moving our fixtures away from
Saturday afternoons. It doesn't affect me much as I've been retired for the past seven years, but some of my mates in the try line club travel quite a distance, one even from Edinburgh, So Friday night and late pm fixtures on a sunday means him missing out on supporting his favourite club. Please Tigers
stand up to these tv companies and issue that much underused word, NO.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

At the risk of repeating myself here, the club has little to do with the tv companies nor the scheduling of matches. The contracts are with PRL and not Leicester Tigers, so the club probably has to take the money and put up with it. May I suggest you attend the open meeting(the annual one that happens every year(you have to have been on here for a while to get that joke))and air your grievencies to the club directly.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Noddy, I respect and value your thoughts and opinions but you are naïve to think it is as simple as Tigers saying NO. The four year agreement is with Premiership Rugby so Leicester Tigers would have to leave the AP to have more control. Is this what you want?

As for the variety of kick off times, I’m all in favour of giving those who play at other levels the opportunity to come and watch Tigers which they are unable to do on a Saturday afternoon. As well as this view probably being generally supported by these players, I would hope former players who now have more flexibility would also support the opportunity for these current players to come and watch Tigers.

I do sympathise with your mate but there are far more who miss Tigers matches because of their commitment to grass roots rugby.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game