The Champions Cup - Fixtures announced (Updated)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: the Champions Cup

Post by biffer »

h's dad wrote:
GT1 wrote:H's dad what makes you think this is the first round fixtures?
In the words of BJ where's the link?
You really shouldn't post info unless 100% sure because of people booking flights/hotels etc!
I did put not sure for this one, please don't book your flights based on this post.

100% sure? Please be serious, nothing would ever happen. And when you ask specifically for insider information sometimes you just have to assume that the source is Bill's taxi driver.
I think people were wondering why you thought it - conjured up from thin air, bloke in the pub, know someone who knows someone, reported elsewhere, etc.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

biffer wrote:I think people were wondering why you thought it - conjured up from thin air, bloke in the pub, know someone who knows someone, reported elsewhere, etc.
GT1’s comment wasn’t just wondering biffer.

Trying to check up on this, it seems probable to me that this was just from a template. It might still turn out to be right but it would have been expected that all the pool fixtures would have been available to be confident. When you’re fishing sometimes the big bite turns out to be a shopping trolley.

On a more accurate recent tip, it was good to see Brian Tuilagi score for Newcastle in the Premiership 7’s.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by biffer »

h's dad wrote:
biffer wrote:I think people were wondering why you thought it - conjured up from thin air, bloke in the pub, know someone who knows someone, reported elsewhere, etc.
GT1’s comment wasn’t just wondering biffer.

Trying to check up on this, it seems probable to me that this was just from a template. It might still turn out to be right but it would have been expected that all the pool fixtures would have been available to be confident. When you’re fishing sometimes the big bite turns out to be a shopping trolley.

On a more accurate recent tip, it was good to see Brian Tuilagi score for Newcastle in the Premiership 7’s.
No worries, it was what I was wondering :smt002

First games are what, 10 weeks away? Tough to organise any kind of cheap trip now, definitely poor that the fixtures aren't out yet - arguments between BT and Sky?

EPRC website hasn't had anything posted for nearly six weeks either.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

I can't see only two French teams having a home draw first up.
But yes a complete shambles.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

As far as wondering is concerned I wonder how anyone can be so irresponsible as to post possible fixtures(with no info) when so many fans are waiting to get booking trips to these matches!

Yes biffer the silence is deafening from the EPRC!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

GT1 wrote:As far as wondering is concerned I wonder how anyone can be so irresponsible as to post possible fixtures(with no info) when so many fans are waiting to get booking trips to these matches!
The question was asked, did anybody have any hints. I had something that I have said I am not prepared to disclose the source for. I clarified that I was by no means sure of the accuracy of the information (and have done repeatedly since then). Anybody who did not understand this is probably incapable of booking the tickets they want anyway. And as for somebody who asks for insider information and then insists on a 100% guaranteed source; well.... :smt017
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

h's dad wrote:
GT1 wrote:As far as wondering is concerned I wonder how anyone can be so irresponsible as to post possible fixtures(with no info) when so many fans are waiting to get booking trips to these matches!
The question was asked, did anybody have any hints. I had something that I have said I am not prepared to disclose the source for. I clarified that I was by no means sure of the accuracy of the information (and have done repeatedly since then). Anybody who did not understand this is probably incapable of booking the tickets they want anyway. And as for somebody who asks for insider information and then insists on a 100% guaranteed source; well.... :smt017
+1
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

You posted your "fixtures" before I asked what the source was & how accurate it was, ie with something as serious as this it needs to be 100% true or don't post it :smt023
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

GT1 wrote:You posted your "fixtures" before I asked what the source was & how accurate it was, ie with something as serious as this it needs to be 100% true or don't post it :smt023
I'm sure we're boring everybody else but to be specific you asked for "insider info." When something was provided with caveats, you then asked for the source and a 100% guarantee of accuracy despite being told that wasn't available in the first three words of my post. Serious? If you want to be serious, try to accurately comprehend what yourself and others are writing.

Apologies to everybody else for this distraction.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Yes you are boring me! You provided your insider info before I posted & your haven't added to it get your facts right!
I comprehend very well what's being written & despair at what this forum has become, it's dying a troll & insult based death!
BJ got out at the right time & good for him :smt023
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

GT1 wrote:Yes you are boring me! You provided your insider info before I posted & your haven't added to it get your facts right!
I comprehend very well what's being written & despair at what this forum has become, it's dying a troll & insult based death!
BJ got out at the right time & good for him :smt023
I’m not concerned about boring you.
You asked for insider info Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:41 am.
I replied Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:19 am.
So we can add an inability to tell the time to your literary deficiencies.
I don't know about a troll but I am starting to wonder if you might be a moderately lucky monkey.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

With respect - give it a rest! The forum is not for slanging matches or trading insults.

With regard to information, if you cannot give a source (or do not wish to) then it's all rumour speculation hope & hearsay and should be viewed as such.

Please keep bickering off here and keep to the topic :)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Perhaps the chaos in Wales may have also something to do with the delay - not a good start to the new competition .
RCT

Post by RCT »

Hi !
For information, the venue for RCT - Tigers will be the Stade Mayol in Toulon. ( This year, RCT will play at Marseille for RCT - Toulouse and at Nice for RCT - Clermont in TOP 14)
Seen (in french)on:
http://www.blog-rct.com/mourad-boudjell ... ns-du-rct/

Sorry for my english.

See you. :smt039
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

Thanks for that info. If you could please confirm the date for RCT-Tigers I can go ahead and book my flight and hotel early! :smt003

(There was a group of your supporters in the City Arms at Cardiff this year who were great fun. They provided several lively, beer-animated renditions of the 'pilou pilou' and they included the fille who had the placard saying she wanted to marry Jonny. Look forward to drinking with you guys at Stade Mayol.)