Tigers Catering Feedback.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

arickett

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by arickett »

How can we be up for a reward (http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/19291.php)no matter how good the things mentioed are when we can not even get servering of food and drink right?
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Arrick what is servering a new kind of serviette? I can only say that the catering in the Try Line & XV Clubs this season has been excellent, now there's an incentive to join, but hurry only a few places left.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

In the spirit of Rev. Adam Smallbone of BBC2's "Rev"...

Please Lord, let there be a change of 'hospitality' contractors at Welford Road before the start of the 2014-15 Season. Or else, Lord, let them at least give the staff some training, know how and oomph. I know we are to have 'modesty in all things', Lord, but do you mean to enforce it by making us wait nearly 1/2 hour to be served at the Final Whistle? And not knowing the difference between Tiger Traditional and Smooth? :smt022
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
lee

Post by lee »

maybe things are changing...Looks like new caterers for the new season

http://www.leicestertigers.com/club/vacancies.php
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

I'm afraid not Lee! It would appear it's Lindleys with a new name :smt013 -
http://www.centerplate.co.uk/news/news/ ... d-identity
BJ would be proud of me!!
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Take over, GT1, so possibly new higher management?
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

That was last Dec & there's been no improvement as far as I can see LE18 but we live in hope!!
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

It never ceases to amaze me when I go to a sporting, music or other cultural event how poor the food and drink is, how expensive it is or how difficult it is to get it. Often the problem is two out of three, and in many cases all 3. As a result more often than not I find myself finding sustenance outside the venue and/or usinng the venue facilities as little as possible. All I require is a proper pint of beer, some food I can eat "on the go", served reasonably quickly, at a sensible price. It really isn't that difficult is it? I have certainly seen it done, just all too rarely. Why can't they see the revenue potential, or am I missing something... does everybody else think it's fine?
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

We know it's not fine Ourla far from it but I think we have all given up as Tigers seem happy with what we get!
Tiger dad tried his best to get our wishes across to the caterers but little has changed & lets not talk TV's in the ABC bar as I assume there must be some agreement that they stay till the stand is demolished :smt013 (they must be some kind of counter weight to keep the thing up)
The staff in the ABC/Marks bar always have a smile for you but it really hurts the wallet to buy a round in there & it's only Everards bitter we need a real ale in the ABC :smt030
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

A mention for the appalling service and attitude of staff in the Captain's Bar last night (Cardiff pre season game 29 August at half time.

Having nipped in to buy a couple of bottles of pop I joined one of the queues for the bar. After about 5 mins I'm next but one to the front (the service seemed pretty slow anyway)when the faff started.

The fella who was getting served had ordered a pint of bitter as last drink in a round, but for some reason or other the Tiger pump had stopped.

The solution?

Four staff milling around umming and erring for around 5 minutes. Each takes a look at the pump, one disappears and returns, one farts around with the till, all the while nothing said to any of us in the queue (or the chap waiting for his round to be finished).

Then finally one of the staff (tall dark curly hair) simply reaches up and removes the "in" sign over the bar and starts to walk off. Chap in front of me who is next in line to be served says "You can't just close this bit of the bar" to which the reply was "You'll have to join another queue.

At this point the natives did become a tad restless which attracted the attention of a supervisor who tried to get some action out of the four black shirted rabi9ts behind the bar who tried to get things moving (however she was "not allowed" behind the bar to actually DO anything to sort out getting us served. Her problem was none of the staff seemed to know how to work any of the kit. One fessed up to having had no training at all.

Finally one of the brains trust did realise they could serve other drinks even if the Tiger wasn't flowing and the chap in front of me got his two lagers (which I think he just took as they were by now flapping about using the till) and I finally got my two bottles of Coke (which I did pay for though it did seem like a major trauma to get the cash into the till and decide how much change to give - £5 note given for two cokes at £2.30) with an almost inaudible mutter of "sorry for the wait".

20mins for two bottles of Coke!

By now the second half had started and there were still at least 10 more people in the queue waiting.

If this is any sort of indication as to the levels of service to be expected this season then God help us.
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Bit dissappointed that the catering in the try line club is the same as last year, there needs to be a definite upgrade,I made some useful suggestions during the summer, none of which seem to have been taken up.
InGuinnessVeritas
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by InGuinnessVeritas »

Last night my wife went for a cup of tea in the GNC Stand lower concourse. When she returned to her seat and took the lid off the cup to remove the teabag, she found there was no teabag, just hot milky water.

So she took it back, asked for a new cup of tea but the dozy so-and-so behind the counter was going to take a teabag out of another unused cup and put it in my wife's! This idiot (not my wife!) could not get it into her head that, a) she would end up with another cup with no teabag and, b) the milk/water combination in my wife's cup was now below mashing temperature. Eventually, after much use of words containing no more than two syllables, my wife finally got a fresh cup of tea complete with teabag.

I can see why people take their own flasks to the matches.
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

In the final whistle at half time, ran out of hand pump tiger bitter, this was after waiting for 10 minutes at the front of a queue with no one being allocated to that end of the bar. A complete shambles lots of people in black behind the bar but absolutely no supervision. There were on a number of occasions two or three people pouring drinks for one order at different pumps, looked chaotic.
Got served eventually took the whole of half time, god help them when it is busy for a full match!!

To run out of beer at half time is inexcusable, if it so popular why not have more pumps? Or at least someone who can change a barrel!

The club is run well in so many ways, the black shirted bar staff really do not know what they are doing. For example a guy next to me had to explain the difference between a sausage roll and a pasty to the young girl serving him.

Also why not have a stock of pre poured bitters and lagers ready for the immediate rush at half time/full time? Would deal with that initial surge and really would not demean the quality of the beer.
grobyman

Post by grobyman »

Just went back to the first post in this thread two years ago. This has not moved on!

Dear all

Catering meeting Wednesday May 23rd

Present:
Simon Cohen (Tigers CEO)
Matthew Nicholson (GM Lindleys)'
Jason Burns (Deputy General Manager, Lindleys)
Tiger Dad (Fans Representative)

Following a lively and open discussion about all things catering, Lindleys and Tigers agreed to the following;

1. Committed to pre-pour before KO and before HT in all bars, without fail
2. A new menu is to be trailed next season in an attempt to improve consistency and quality.
3. Additional coffee, tea, chocolate kiosks will be installed in the top concourse of the CAT
4. Re-introduce the server/ tiller combo.
5. Improve/ defining queuing lines and areas
6. Scaling up of staff and food quantities according to attendance
7. Bar and kiosk supervisors will feedback any issues to Jason so he can ensure they are addressed before the next match.
8. Improved communication between bars, kiosks and managers during match day.
9. Simon is to confirm that the Mark bar (next to the ABC) is always available at half time for all matches. Currently they are unable to commit to all games before KO due to community commitments but has agreed that it will be available for the majority of games.

Lindleys have also invited me to a pre-match briefing of the catering staff.

I was clear from what I have experienced this season, I felt standards had slipped and highlighted both the forums and my own experiences/ issues.

Jason, the new Tigers catering manager is a nice bloke and he talked about how he has processes to predict the amount of beer/ food required per match according to attendance, KO time and time of year but he does except there have been issues this season.

To summarise, Tigers and Lindleys are very keen to offer the best service and product to the fans but admit they don’t always get it right. Simon’s hands are somewhat tied due to legacy agreements but I get the feeling he is committed to improving standards where possible. The same goes for Matthew and Jason.

That’s it for now. I will keep you posted on any developments but please continue to post your comments as they will get raised.

Have a good summer, TD
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Absolutely abysmal yet again last night. I'm just not surprised by it any more. in the Final Whistle, about ten minutes before kick off and at half time. Virtually no queues, yet it still took about five minutes to get served a single pint of Guinness. The tillers seem to serve no purpose other than getting in the way. Where are the pre-poured pints? The servers and tillers seemingly unable to communicate with each other.

I'm told that some don't pour as they are under 18. Which begs the question as to why they are employed in a bar if they can't pour drinks!?

Compare our bar service to places like Worcester, Saints or Saracens and we are an absolute shambles.