Neil Back and The Rugby Paper

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

biffer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Neil Back and The Rugby Paper

Post by biffer »

Having watched Back's handiwork as forwards coach at Edinburgh, I'd have him as far away from the Tigers as possible.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Wormus,
That's what I was trying to (politely) suggest in my post.....
Like ex Prime Ministers telling the incumbent what they would do in the circumstances, it just reads as an agenda.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

For MPG & Bill w (2). Thanks MPG i'm glad to hear that Neil is now feeling much better. Are you sure Bill 2 that they are 1 and the same person? If so, let's hope he coaches better than he writes.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:My Opinions of the journalist Phil Blake are best left unsaid safe to say he is typical of the dearth of good sports reporters around these days.
Who is this Noddy? The only reference I can find to a sports journalist named Phil Blake is in your post.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Phil Blake
Phil Blake is an Australian former rugby league footballer of the 1980s and 90s, and is now a professional rugby union coach. Originally a half back, Blake developed into a utility player and played first grade matches in all the backline positions, as well as at hooker and lock. He represented New South Wales on one occasion.
en.wikipedia.org
Born: 24 Nov 1963 (age 50) · London, United Kingdom
Height: 5' 9"
Awards: Dally M Award Top Tryscorer (1983) · Dally M Award Best Five-eight (1989)
There you go Noddy................................ :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

tigerburnie wrote:Phil Blake
Phil Blake is an Australian former rugby league footballer of the 1980s and 90s, and is now a professional rugby union coach. Originally a half back, Blake developed into a utility player and played first grade matches in all the backline positions, as well as at hooker and lock. He represented New South Wales on one occasion.
en.wikipedia.org
Born: 24 Nov 1963 (age 50) · London, United Kingdom
Height: 5' 9"
Awards: Dally M Award Top Tryscorer (1983) · Dally M Award Best Five-eight (1989)
There you go Noddy................................ :smt004
Thank you tigerburnie but I had heard of this Phil Blake and I don't think this can possibly be who Noddy is referring to. Nor is it likely to be the NFL/CFL player. I did think it might be the Phil Blake of BBC Sport but he works on the IT side rather than as a reporter. Still curious.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I found a Phil Blake a senior tester at BBC Sport & was lead test at sky sports maybe that is who he means?
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Personally I believe Phil Space the journalist gets to many column inches.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

RagingBull wrote:I found a Phil Blake a senior tester at BBC Sport & was lead test at sky sports maybe that is who he means?
No, he's the one in IT, calling him a journalist is like looking for Laura Horne (Ticket Office) in Tigers' starting line up. Although with Noddy's knowledge of positions....
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Re Phil Blake I came acros that name from a previous post and I'm sure he's a reporter with the Rugby Paper and not the Phil Blake who has just joined our coaching staff. If BBC pay amongst the lower ranks is anything to go by, it could be that guy doing a spot of moonlighting?
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Noddy555 wrote:Re Phil Blake I came acros that name from a previous post and I'm sure he's a reporter with the Rugby Paper and not the Phil Blake who has just joined our coaching staff. If BBC pay amongst the lower ranks is anything to go by, it could be that guy doing a spot of moonlighting?
Fair enough. He must be one of those "undercover" journalists.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Noddy555 wrote:My Opinions of the journalist Phil Blake are best left unsaid safe to say he is typical of the dearth of good sports reporters around these days.
The first reference to Phil Blake as a journalist on this forum appreared in Noddy's post above.

Alas. he is like many things, a figment of Noddy's imagination.
Still keeping the faith!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Bill W (2) wrote:
The first reference to Phil Blake as a journalist on this forum appreared in Noddy's post above.

Alas. he is like many things, a figment of Noddy's imagination.
I am open to correction but I think what Noddy actually said is that there is not a good sports reporter called Phil Blake. Although “good” is a subjective measure, I don’t think any contenders for the opposing view have been put forward.

And anybody who gives their opinion with a capital ‘O’ must be deserving of our respect.

I do hope this is entertaining somebody otherwise it’s a waste of several posts.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Cheers H dad Bill (2) let's make that 2 drinks one for Bill and one for(2). Or are you a figment of my imagination.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Could we PLEASE stick to the topic- which to refresh the memories of certain posters - is Neil Back and the Rugby paper article.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother