Super User

Re: Northampton v Leicester

Post by sapajo »

MarchingIn wrote:
sapajo wrote:
MarchingIn wrote:our time has come.
For what exactly :smt017
To take the title.

I got dragged 20 feet clinging onto Wayne Shelford's leg on the main pitch at Franklin's Gardens in a youth training session as a boy & I've been a Saints fan ever since. Not a diehard fan, but I've followed the club for over 20 years. I've stood in the old 'cow shed' tin roofed terraces and watched a first team game against Orrell. I've seen Saints turn professional, get relegated twice, lift the Heineken cup and some lesser trophies & reach a couple of top flight finals only to go home empty handed.

I would absolutely love us to win at HQ. Saracens are a great team defensively and the London hooray henries will be out in support, but this Saints team can do it if they believe. Even if it isn't ment to be this year, the club is on the up and up, and it will happen for us soon.

COYS!

Hope springs eternal
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The real reason the outside centres scored more tries in the 6N was because they didn't have Barritt playing at inside centre.

I think Burrell did a good job in the 6N - he runs good lines in attack but the reality is Manu is arguably the best outside centre in world rugby at present.

Injury denied him the chance to show his skills for the Lions. Until he got injured the talk from the other centres on the tour suggested they felt he was a shoe in and the others were vying to get the berth inside him.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

mol2 wrote:The real reason the outside centres scored more tries in the 6N was because they didn't have Barritt playing at inside centre.

I think Burrell did a good job in the 6N - he runs good lines in attack but the reality is Manu is arguably the best outside centre in world rugby at present.

Injury denied him the chance to show his skills for the Lions. Until he got injured the talk from the other centres on the tour suggested they felt he was a shoe in and the others were vying to get the berth inside him.
There isn't really a reason they can't play together - just this tour may now be a problem with Burrell being in the final.
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

I wonder... Is 'Marchingin', the Saints' contributor one here, aka Dorian West?? If not, must be related or a close confidant!
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Lutontiger wrote:I wonder... Is 'Marchingin', the Saints' contributor one here, aka Dorian West?? If not, must be related or a close confidant!
Have I missed something? I think MarchingIn seems to be a decent chap with interesting posts (apart from him not knowing what a swinging arm tackle is of course, but he's not the only one) and I completely agree with him when he says Burrell is fit to lace Manu's boots for about 20 minutes a game.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
MarchingIn

Post by MarchingIn »

Hahaha.... No! I have never even met Dorian West!

Amlin cup winners 2014 - good evening to be a Saints fan :-)
Tigris
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tigris »

MarchingIn wrote:Hahaha.... No! I have never even met Dorian West!

Amlin cup winners 2014 - good evening to be a Saints fan :-)
Congratulations - team seems to have a harder edge mentally, seemed already focussed on the next game - good luck in the Premiership final!