Citing for Owen Williams

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Citing?

Post by Tigerbeat »

The citing was made by the Citing Commissioner Buster White. There is no evidence that it was brought to his attention by Nothampton. Let the disciplinary deal with it.
Rugby is a game and accidents happen, some intentional. TheCiting process will deal with those players guilty of foul play.

Lets try and show how fans behave in rug by and set a good example for others to follow. I am off to Twickenham with some friends who support Saints...am going to enjoy the banter with them.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Didn't we help Sarries get Melck's red card overturned & of course we don't cite!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:The citing was made by the Citing Commissioner Buster White. There is no evidence that it was brought to his attention by Nothampton. Let the disciplinary deal with it.
Rugby is a game and accidents happen, some intentional. TheCiting process will deal with those players guilty of foul play.

Lets try and show how fans behave in rug by and set a good example for others to follow. I am off to Twickenham with some friends who support Saints...am going to enjoy the banter with them.

More importantly enjoy the match :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tigerbeat wrote:The citing was made by the Citing Commissioner Buster White. There is no evidence that it was brought to his attention by Nothampton. Let the disciplinary deal with it.
Indeed. I suspect they look at any incident where there is evidence of "afters" when they go through the match. In this case Burrell reacted as he probably had felt a hand run over his face as Williams was cleared out. Hopefully nothing more in it. Certainly 2 minutes later in the coverage there is no visible damage to Burrell's eyes or face.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Cheers Sapajo, always good day out at Twickenham.....would have been even better if Tigers were there......but thats life.

:smt023
www.matthampson.co.uk
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Doesn't look like to get concerned about on that footage. Perhaps some accidental contact, but to cite for gouging going by that footage seems a bit much.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Well I find it very strange that in an attempt to fly hack the ball you can legitimately kick an opponent in the head in the act of doing so :smt017

So much for the concept of a Duty of care.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Darc Tiger wrote:Doesn't look like to get concerned about on that footage. Perhaps some accidental contact, but to cite for gouging going by that footage seems a bit much.

If that is the incident that they are referring to, Owen goes over the ball with his left hand about a foot away from the face of Burrell. A Saints player smashes him on the shoulder forcing him backwards. The hand comes into contact with the face but there is no intention and the hit carries his hand back into the face of Burrell.
www.matthampson.co.uk
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Tigerbeat wrote:
Darc Tiger wrote:Doesn't look like to get concerned about on that footage. Perhaps some accidental contact, but to cite for gouging going by that footage seems a bit much.

If that is the incident that they are referring to, Owen goes over the ball with his left hand about a foot away from the face of Burrell. A Saints player smashes him on the shoulder forcing him backwards. The hand comes into contact with the face but there is no intention and the hit carries his hand back into the face of Burrell.
Looks to me like Williams compete for the ball at the ruck. 2 Saints try to clear him out without much success, Burrell comes in and secures the ball. Getting in a position with his head under Williams' chest. Then Williams attempts to free himself from the ruck. Haywood is grappling him, and he is grappling Burrell. Williams has his arms around the Burrell head area for about a second, but that is purely as a consequence of Williams attempted contest for the ball and Burrell positioning in securing the ball. I can't see concious effort to go for the eyes. Looks like Burrell takes exception to being held, which is fair enough, but that's about it.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I am glad that most Stains/Tigers fans get on well; apparently so do some of the players, but I see the hand of management in this and several other claims made. The Stains/Tigers rivalry seems to exist solely in the heads of Mallinder/West and one or two others at a high level. Cockers behaviour towards fans and players of both sides seems with rancour and he has lost a lot of his angry fat boy demeanour. Why don't Mallinder and West acquire some dignity, as Cockers has done? :smt017
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
MarchingIn

Post by MarchingIn »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:So why allow Burrell to drag a young, talented (envy?), and clean player's name through the mud?
You have no idea whether Luther Burrell has any involvement in the citing, but you are happy to drag his name through the mud..?

Hope he didn't do it - would seem very out of character.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I have to say there seems to be a few posts that smack of poor losers attitude, as tigerbeat says, let the committee sort out the evidence rather than this vitriolic football type of poor sportsmanship.
The committe may take one look and say,"nothing to see here", let's wait and see what is the outcome and we have some evidence to discuss.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
SuperEagle
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by SuperEagle »

tigerburnie wrote:I have to say there seems to be a few posts that smack of poor losers attitude, as tigerbeat says, let the committee sort out the evidence rather than this vitriolic football type of poor sportsmanship.
The committe may take one look and say,"nothing to see here", let's wait and see what is the outcome and we have some evidence to discuss.
Well said
i8work

Owen Williams

Post by i8work »

Any idea why he was cited, didn't seem to be any video evidence? and its been adjourned....

Any comment from the club - It seems to me everyones been very quiet about it given the serious nature of the allegation and from what I can see virtually no evidence of wrongdoing. Has Burrell made a comment?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Citing for Owen Williams

Post by sapajo »

Have I missed something? The silence concerning this citing hearing adjournment is deafening :smt017 Unbelievable