Callum Clarke

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Callum Clarke

Post by sam16111986 »

If I were Clark I'd be keeping a low profile and hoping no one noticed that I was a thug who twice kneed a prone player. Thankfully be wasn't able to drive his knee I to the face of Goneva as he wished. I hope he enjoys his day in the stands at Twickers.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

what some Stains seem to forget is that before the incident, Hawkins was fast-tracking to being not only Tigers No1 hooker, but was on England radar.
Clarke did something that should've seen a police investigation - others have done such stuff recently and some have been prosecuted. Hawkins' career was almost finished and never the same again. No apologies and lies told at the hearing, despite previous. That's why it's different than almost all other incidents - there was no provocation, the whistle had gone and Hawkins was in no position to defend himself. No excuses -THUG.
IMO monstrous that SL chose him as Saxons captain.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

MarchingIn wrote:
You guys are always going to bash Clarke after the arm break incident, I doubt there would be the same reaction if Wood or Dickinson had said it.
Yes, we are, and no, there wouldn't have been the reaction if Wood or Dickinson had tweeted it (which I doubt they would as they seem decent human beings).

The fact remains Clark decided to bend the elbow of an opponent the wrong way, with complete intent and utmost malice, yet still seems to think he was hard done by.

He should never have been allowed back onto a rugby pitch. I agree with the post above; Hawkins' career was beginning to pick up and he was pushing Chutes as Tigers' first choice hooker and England honours of some description were not out of the question. Since then his opportunities have been limited, Youngs has "arrived" and now he's off to the Falcons.
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

Bigdrinkers wrote:You lot are so one eyed it's beyond belief, yes I'm a Saints fan so no doubt that'll not stand me in good stead - The Clark incident is old news - may I remind you that a certain Mr Ashton could be living in a nursing home now with brain damage courtesy of Mr Tuilagi IF his head wasn't so dense - do we persistently gripe about everything that has happened in the past ? No - put it to bed.
The person saying that Clark is childish etc needs to look in the mirror - Leicester "Ultras" ? Please, this is laughable - the very notion is beyond childish - the fact the "leader" of the ultras is an ex football player says everything you need to know - Football mentality creeping into our game - poor, very poor.
Is this the same Mr Ashton that bravely confronted another player from behind and pulled his hair.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

jonlin wrote:
Bigdrinkers wrote:You lot are so one eyed it's beyond belief, yes I'm a Saints fan so no doubt that'll not stand me in good stead - The Clark incident is old news - may I remind you that a certain Mr Ashton could be living in a nursing home now with brain damage courtesy of Mr Tuilagi IF his head wasn't so dense - do we persistently gripe about everything that has happened in the past ? No - put it to bed.
The person saying that Clark is childish etc needs to look in the mirror - Leicester "Ultras" ? Please, this is laughable - the very notion is beyond childish - the fact the "leader" of the ultras is an ex football player says everything you need to know - Football mentality creeping into our game - poor, very poor.
Is this the same Mr Ashton that bravely confronted another player from behind and pulled his hair.
And let's not forget that Manu was reacting to a strike by Ashton from behind. Is there some sort of pattern here by Ashton?
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Louis

Post by Louis »

1) I am seriously not a fan of Mr Clark. Whether or not he is dim, brilliant or gives his mother flowers or even plays for Saints. Said it before, I'll say it again, his prior actions strike me as malicious. Bad temper/youth/dimness etc I can forgive, malice I cannot and will not.

2) Comments suggesting he (or anyone) is best off shipped to a war zone for convenient shooting are way beyond the pale. To be blunt, that's a poor comment on many fronts.

3) The tweets of a muppet are best left for the muppet to fester in. Let drivellers who think his comments are worthwhile deal with them. He's not bullying or harassing anyone, and is simply a wind up merchant of very little brain. He's not fit to lick the sweat off Cockers' wrinkled... forehead (and yes, I cleaned that up), and Cockers knows it.

4) Wasn't there a thread here praising Dylan Hartley here recently? So terribly one eyed and biased of us Tigers supporters! I wonder who he plays for?
MarchingIn

Post by MarchingIn »

jonlin wrote:This is the same person/thug who deliberately broke another players arm. Says everything about the man and even more about the club that as retain him after he has found guilty for doing it.
Says more about our club that they stood by their player, accepted his ban, and brought him back into the fold despite all the clamouring for his head. Nobody thinks what he did was remotely acceptable but life is about second chances. With the quality in our pack, it would have been easier for Saints to sack Calum than give him a chance of redemption.

Half the rugby world wanted Neil Back on a permanent ban for assaulting a referee, but Tigers stood by him - fans and club. Do you think he should have been hung out to dry for good too, or does that only apply to Saints players?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Not sure why this has been brought up again?

Austin was briefly very exited by the alleged kneeing of Goneva by Clarke.
However the other camera angles clearly showed this to have not been the case.

Whatever your views in Clarke this is one that he wasn't guilty of.

I too share concern that Lancaster made him Saxons captain
If I were a Saints supporter I would have concerns about the ethos within the team where violent behaviour and ill discipline seem to not be addressed.

Why should it be left to the authorities to meat out punishment?
If the red card on Friday was the first such occurrence in games against the Tigers one could dismiss it as hot heads in a big game between arch rivals but 2 reds and a long ban from the Hawkins incident in the 3 big games between Saints and Tigers in the last year or 2 suggests that discipline is not part of the Malinder/West agenda. It has cost them dearly in the past, should have done on Friday, and will do so again.

Top sides hold their discipline come what may.
MarchingIn

Post by MarchingIn »

mol2 wrote:discipline is not part of the Malinder/West agenda.
2014 card counts for the East Midlands derby...

Tigers - 5
Saints - 1

Free blinkers with every Welford Road season ticket?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

MarchingIn wrote:

Tigers - 5
Saints - 1

Just how many red cards for the Tigers compared to Saints in the last 10 East Midlands derby's at least 2-0 in favour of Saints in the last 4 matches alone? Very selective one eyed statistics free with every Franklins Gardens season ticket :smt015
Last edited by sapajo on Sun May 18, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

It's hardly old news. I'm not sure about you but 2 years isn't exactly a long time in my books. I don't know how any sane person can even begin to compare 2 or 3 punches to deliberately breaking someone's arm. If you actually watch the footage again Ashton pushes Manu in the back of the head while he is on the floor, Manu gets up and swings a punch, Ashton tried to run away but Manu manages to punch him again. In my books that's a fair fight, Ashton had the chance to defend himself, he just didn't do it very well. With the Clark incident Hawkins was completely defenseless in a ruck, the ref blew for a penalty, Clark then proceeded to BREAK his arm. That incident effectively ended Hawkins' chance to represent England and he hasn't been the same since. That in my books is worse than a few punches to the face. Disgusting player who should have been banned for life.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Good post. I agree entirely.
A life long Tiger
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I believe that the phrase that suits that tweet is "you can't educate pork". Clark can gloat all he wants and may feel the need to,but he has been part of a Saints squad that has been turned over for the last 9 times we played them. Crack on,tweet some dull garbage and see you next season...
There is never any points for 2nd place...
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

MarchingIn wrote:

Tigers - 5
Saints - 1

I've been enjoying your posts MarchingIn but you need to learn the difference between red and yellow and to understand the range of offences for which they can be issued.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
teds
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by teds »

jonlin wrote: Is this the same Mr Ashton that bravely confronted another player from behind and pulled his hair.
...and who was openly booing the opposition kicker (Evans) in the other semi this weekend. Pretty poor attitude...