Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Northampton v Leicester

Post by APJones »

We* must look out for 'legitimate' late tackles on our Nr 10
must be solid in defence
and DEFINATELY do NOT give any reason for JP to award penalties against us.

* Actually WE should not look out for late tackles that's the ref and sideline judges job (with the TMO)
I hope our club captain (I assume team captain on the night too ) will not be backward in coming forward and mention these salient points to the Ref. As I hope Cockers errand boy will do before the match also - We don't want Cockers banned from going to the Cabbage patch final.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Forget the "ABC club" we now have the new "BBB club" on the bench, they'll know what's expected of them.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Surprised no Matera thought he deserved a bench spot following last weeks performance :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

tigerburnie wrote:Forget the "ABC club" we now have the new "BBB club" on the bench, they'll know what's expected of them.
Hopefuly they can adopt the nickname killer b's from the Scottish backrow of a couple of seasons ago :smt023
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Also according to Cockers in the Mercury earlier this week we would have virtually a full squad to choose from
My thoughts exactly.

I'm not being negative, but I make Saints favourites. Bowden simply needs to have the 'game of his life'. AA is a huge loss. Would have preferred Scully to Morris defensively. A little confused why Flood starts with Williams on the bench as 2014 has been Williams at 10 throughout. :smt017

All about how we defend for me now - need to keep them out for first 20 mins minimum.

Good look to all. Hopefully post game Dan Bowden's new nickname will be Dan 'the wall' Bowden!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

MrPartridge wrote:
Also according to Cockers in the Mercury earlier this week we would have virtually a full squad to choose from
My thoughts exactly.

I'm not being negative, but I make Saints favourites. Bowden simply needs to have the 'game of his life'. AA is a huge loss. Would have preferred Scully to Morris defensively. A little confused why Flood starts with Williams on the bench as 2014 has been Williams at 10 throughout. :smt017

All about how we defend for me now - need to keep them out for first 20 mins minimum.

Good look to all. Hopefully post game Dan Bowden's new nickname will be Dan 'the wall' Bowden!
Never believe what RC says about injuries it is all smoke and mirrors designed to disorientate the opposition let alone the supporters :smt023
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

APJones wrote:I hope our club captain (I assume team captain on the night too ) will not be backward in coming forward and mention these salient points to the Ref. As I hope Cockers errand boy will do before the match also - We don't want Cockers banned from going to the Cabbage patch final.
Slates is named as captain on the team sheet.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

A good ploy for Tigers to employ to keep Lawes "honest" would be for BY to pass the ball behind Toby Flood on occasion to a different receiver. That way Lawes (it happened against Bath) may find himself unwittingly taking out a player without the ball in his efforts to scythe down Toby. Plus it would keep Saints guessing.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

A good ploy for Tigers to employ to keep Lawes "honest" would be for BY to pass the ball behind Toby Flood on occasion to a different receiver
Preferably Manu running hard straight at him with legs pumping :smt002
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Saints are favourites for this. We can definetely get a result though. They've gone for size and will try to bully us, but how many times have they tried that and we've beaten them? Injuries really are killing us. All season we've struggled but usually these injuries clear up by the end of the season. Just when we looked to be getting back go full strength we lose Parling and Allen who are such key players for us. This will be an incredibly difficult game but I still think we can win. Bowden needs to step up in defense to fill the gap left by Allen, the forwards need to dominate and we need the likes of Manu and Niki to have great games. Come on Tigers :smt027 :smt027
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

I think I'm going to go into the game with no expectations around the result, open a bottle of red and just enjoy an immense battle between 2 quality sides. Saffers v Quince and Saints v Tigers is a dream set of semis so well done to whoever has engineered this run in. Needless to say, I'll be bitterly disappointed if we miss out on a trip to HQ but I would get over it in due course.
Come on you Tigers!
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

My worry is our lack of real strength in depth in the front row, Stains' big failure in the past. When Allen limped off against Sale I said to Mrs GS that that was the end of our season. It's not his personal defence work that makes him so important but whatever he says to the others to marshal our defensive line. Bowden is better at going froward but stopping them must be the first job - unless we out score them and win a 44 - 45 thriller. As if.

We all know that our 10 will be programmed into the Exocet Lawes' guidance system and Toby knows all about that. At least Dan Coles' knee won't be in the mix. Of course we can win but having watched them all season, through the bad times, I have to be realistic. Infinite optimism is all well and good, but you need a bit of realism. We must turn up, and front up against a strong Stains outfit who are quite happy to win by taking out opposition players who pose a threat.

Of course it could be a draw and after extra time Jordan kicks the winning penalty. :smt023
Unless Lawes takes him out during his run up.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

GS wrote:My worry is our lack of real strength in depth in the front row, Stains' big failure in the past. When Allen limped off against Sale I said to Mrs GS that that was the end of our season. It's not his personal defence work that makes him so important but whatever he says to the others to marshal our defensive line. Bowden is better at going froward but stopping them must be the first job - unless we out score them and win a 44 - 45 thriller. As if.

We all know that our 10 will be programmed into the Exocet Lawes' guidance system and Toby knows all about that. At least Dan Coles' knee won't be in the mix. Of course we can win but having watched them all season, through the bad times, I have to be realistic. Infinite optimism is all well and good, but you need a bit of realism. We must turn up, and front up against a strong Stains outfit who are quite happy to win by taking out opposition players who pose a threat.

Of course it could be a draw and after extra time Jordan kicks the winning penalty. :smt023
Unless Lawes takes him out during his run up.
Agreed. This is going to be a tough one! Tears before bedtime. And worst of all I've run out of Remy! :smt010
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Tomvarndell
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tomvarndell »

Hoping Lawes is almost to pumped up for the game and gets a straight red after five mins for any number of possible barbaric acts he and a couple of his teammates are capable of performing. :smt001

Actually think that will be Saint's biggest problem. They are desperate to beat us and win something and they will be so hyped up it could turn against them. We need to stay patient and disciplined and our chances will come. Waiting to see what the spread is on the number of TMO referrals.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Big Dai wrote: Tears before bedtime. And worst of all I've run out of Remy! :smt010
Time to restock before tomorrow evening!

:smt027 :smt026 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!