Northampton v Leicester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Re: Northampton v Leicester

Post by Big Dai »

Not expecting a win......somehow having the drop on Saints for a while smacks of comeuppance time for us. In a bizarre way I wish we had Sarries?

I don't like the playoffs as you all know but I shall be surprised if we come out of this smelling of roses.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Big Dai wrote:Not expecting a win......somehow having the drop on Saints for a while smacks of comeuppance time for us. In a bizarre way I wish we had Sarries?

I don't like the playoffs as you all know but I shall be surprised if we come out of this smelling of roses.

KEEP THE FAITH Big Dai!
Still keeping the faith!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

It's not faith I need Bill.

I can't watch a game waving my little flag, just cheering on. I watch rather quietly, apart from the odd outburst! Maybe I analyse things too much.......I don't know. But the form book to me says Saints and, to be honest they deserve it!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Big Dai wrote:It's not faith I need Bill.

I can't watch a game waving my little flag, just cheering on. I watch rather quietly, apart from the odd outburst! Maybe I analyse things too much.......I don't know. But the form book to me says Saints and, to be honest they deserve it!

Deserve?? They deserve nowt! They are a mottley collection of thugs led by two arrogant imbeciles who have managed to recruit a Welshman who has talent!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Bill W (2) wrote:

Deserve?? They deserve nowt! They are a mottley collection of thugs led by two arrogant imbeciles who have managed to recruit a Welshman who has talent!

Well............that's one way of looking at it! The other is they finished above us in the league?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Big Dai wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:

Well............that's one way of looking at it! The other is they finished above us in the league?
Ah! There are two ways of looking at everything. My way and the wrong way!
Still keeping the faith!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Saints deserve nothing they like every other team in the premiership have to earn it something they have thus so far failed to do.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Bill said:-

"Ah! There are two ways of looking at everything. My way and the wrong way!"

He sounds like my wife! Am I married to you, Bill??
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

sapajo wrote:

Saints deserve nothing they like every other team in the premiership have to earn it something they have thus so far failed to do.
They finished above us in the league?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

They have not managed to beat us yet and I am confident that this will continue to prevail for the rest of the season too.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Big Dai wrote:
sapajo wrote:

They finished above us in the league?

The league is irrelevant and has been for a number of years now - Saints helped to vote this system in.

If you want to pick and chose which changes to keep and which to ignore why not go back to tries worth 3 points? How about making all the way back to when there was no league?
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I'm pleased Hartley isn't playing because (despite his occasional moments of madness) he is a very good player.....his absence will weaken them.

The forecast is very good with light winds. To win we need to start well, kick our goals and keep our discipline, otherwise Myler will punish us.

It's too close to call really, they are at home but we have the history. The teams on paper are very close.

I will be crossing everything on Friday night!!!
Soggypitch
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I want to keep the faith, I really do, but i just can't see it.

If we'd been at home maybe, but losing to Harlequins did it for us.

Sorry for being a doom monger but I think this a game too far this season for us. We have done very very well this season though and I am very proud of the team.

We WILL win silverware next season though!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Tiger ... story.html

Stop worrying, a full squad to choose from, my confidence just went up another notch or two.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRRrrrrrrssssssss

"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

Bit worrying that he says he's not sure what his best team is!! :smt017