Any spare tickets for Ulster game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Any spare tickets for Ulster game?

Post by cidermark »

I'd love to sell my ticket for face value to a proper supporter for games that I can't get to.

Just to confirm, I just went through the process of putting my ST on stubhub for Saturday at £40. The buyer gets to see/pay £46 but I only get £35.20! Nice profit but I'm willing to bet it's not for the club.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I'm willing to bet it's not for the club.
I suspect that Tigers must have an arrangement with Stub Hub that makes them plenty of money - just look at the website and how much SH is marketed by us. Must be some mutual benefit.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe SH is an off-shoot of Ebay. Pity there was no way for you just to offer your spare ticket at face value via this forum. I'm sure a legit supporter would have taken it.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Just reluctantly paid £34.50 for a standing ticket on stubhub. There are currently 24 tickets available all well over face value.

It's my fault for not being organised on this occasion but I don't like the principle of legal ticket touting - which is all it is.

The counter argument is it's just market forces and the market will dictate the price.

However there has been a long tradition amongst real sports fans that we should not make a profit out of selling on a ticket to a fellow supporter, regretably that no longer seems to be the case for many...

I do understand however that stubhub need to make a fair profit for the service they provide, my problem is with the ticket holders that also add on a large margin.

For debate....
Soggypitch
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Should have held out a little longer Soggypitch,the club seem to have a few standing/seating tickets available now.Perhaps returns from Ulster?
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

MrPartridge wrote:
I'm willing to bet it's not for the club.
I suspect that Tigers must have an arrangement with Stub Hub that makes them plenty of money - just look at the website and how much SH is marketed by us. Must be some mutual benefit.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe SH is an off-shoot of Ebay. Pity there was no way for you just to offer your spare ticket at face value via this forum. I'm sure a legit supporter would have taken it.
Hi Mr.P. - you are correct in believing that Stub Hub is owned by eBay and, I agree, the Tigers wouldn't have entered into any kind of a deal with them unless it either saved or made them money - simple business sense.

Unfortunately I have one of the 'card' tickets rather than the paper type. Selling my seat is a lot harder as it isn't too easy to get my card to the buyer and then get it back. Not impossible, granted, possibly a bit risky though!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Just noticed tickets for our final home match against Sarries are selling at £75 on stubhub......outrageous!!
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I totally agree it's legalised ticket touting!!
Soggypitch
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Soggypitch wrote:I totally agree it's legalised ticket touting!!
Something i wish Leicester Tigers had absolutely nothing to do with. I understand that it isn't the club setting the prices but why do we advertise/promote/associate with this company when clearly as soggpitch has said it is 'legalised ticket touting'.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I commented on stub hub at the start of the season but few commented. The club support stub hub not least as they get a share of all re-sales. So they sell the ticket and the gets hare of the re-sal so HAPPY DAYS (for them).
ian23
Tiger Cub

Post by ian23 »

kpb, the club do not set the price of tickets on Stub Hub, it is the ticket holder who sets the price. So it is the greed of Tigers ticket holders which is driving the price up. Easy solution, do not buy at that price, then wait until closer to the match to see if they reduce the price.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

the club do not set the price of tickets on Stub Hub
Agreed - this is true but you only need to look at the website, the hoarding boards at the ground etc to see Tigers fully endorse stub hub. It is an interesting moral question… what would you do if you have a spare ticket on the terrace for the Saracens game and note there is a Sarries fan on the board asking for a ticket. Would you sell him it at face value, or would you stub hub it and make a tidy profit? (Thus far 225 have read the Sarries fan plea and no one has made an offer… but that may be due to no one having a ticket free rather than greed)…
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

When I can't make it to a match, I offer my season ticket to fans near me and in return ask for a proper Leicester pork pie (a rarity down here) and a donation to Matt Hampson. I may be mad but....

Sadly for the Sarries fan, I'm coming to the final game.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

It's the same with music event tickets, if there wasn't a market to buy at inflated prices, then there wouldn't be tickets on sale at inflated prices. I agree that some people obviously buy with the sole aim of then re-selling at a profit but stub hub and the Club are no different from any other agency like SeeTickets, GetMeIn and so on. There was a letter in the paper recently in the Consumer Questions section where a chap had bought tickets for a music concert at £85 each plus "handling fee" from an agency, and when they arrived they clearly said the face value price was £37.50. He was assured by the legal consumer team on the paper that it is legal and if you choose to buy at the inflated price that's up to you.

This might be a good time to observe that any tickets offered for sale on this forum must only be at face value or below, or for charity donation in lieu. :smt001
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
PANTHERA TIGRIS

Post by PANTHERA TIGRIS »

[This might be a good time to observe that any tickets offered for sale on this forum must only be at face value or below, or for charity donation in lieu. :smt001[/quote]

Could I ask why? Let's say I cant make the Sarries game - I have no problem selling to the Sarries fan who is asking but must do so at F/V. Alternatively I can go on stub hub and make a few quid. This forum policy just puts money in the hands of the touts. Hypothetical as I am not selling anyway
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

When stubhub came out I thought the whole principle of it was to allow season ticket holders to easily and legally sell their seat for games they couldn't make. A win for the fan who gets to recoup their financial loss and a win for the club as they don't have gaps and can take a commission on the resell. But if the pricing is uncontrolled it takes away the service aspect and makes it seem like just another revenue seeking exercise. If prices are set just like touting you wonder about the motives.