This is awfully compelling.
Or do I mean compellingly awful?
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Quins Vs Tigers

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

was it beyond the horizontal? was close

why only a single reversal against Matera and not a second reversal against the Quins player?
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

Laws? We don't need no stinking laws...
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

On a positive note Sir is keeping an eye on the kicking clock and reminder the players to keep it moving
DaveRave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveRave »

In amongst a myriad of contentious refereeing decisions the better team won. We carried negligible attacking threat and they looked dangerous every time they came forward. Discipline awful to boot.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Quality ref today. Penalty try after 1 scrum, allowing Care to take a tap and go from the wrong place before the try, allowing Mike Brown to get away with dumping Flood on his back when the ball was gone and then sending off Matera for the exact same offence. Absolute joke of a performance.
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

DaveRave wrote:In amongst a myriad of contentious refereeing decisions the better team won. We carried negligible attacking threat and they looked dangerous every time they came forward. Discipline awful to boot.
Discipline might not have been good, but quite a few of the penalties conceded should have gone the other way. Referee was guessing the whole game.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Wigglesworth deciding the result.... again.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

I dont usually have a go at referees but that was one of the most shocking displays i have ever seen regarding decisions for both teams, i don't quiet know why salvi was carded either as we were not warned of an impending card and if it was for serial offending why was sinkler not binned for consistent penalties in the scrum, All in all a game that had the potential to be the one of the best of the season but ended up being ruined by poor officials, oh how I wish Nigel Owens could have ref'd today
lee

Post by lee »

There prop being penalized numerous times...Why not sin binned ?
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

DaveRave wrote:In amongst a myriad of contentious refereeing decisions the better team won. We carried negligible attacking threat and they looked dangerous every time they came forward. Discipline awful to boot.
My view as well.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

kpj tiger wrote: i don't quiet know why salvi was carded either as we were not warned of an impending card
No warning needs to be given for a card. However, it wasn't even a penalty and not in the red zone, or for persistent offending. Furthermore, why didn't they get a yellow card for laying all over the ball after Manu's break before our second try? That was a professional foul if ever I've seen one.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

It's probably quite hard to maintain your discipline when the ref is allowing the other team to get in as many cheap shots as they like. He shouldn't have allowed Manu's tap and go at the end, the ball never left his hand and so it wasn't actually taken. Poor knowledge of the rules.How he didn't send off Evans before our second try is beyond me. We are on the try line and quick ball means a certain try. Evans jumps onto our side of the ruck and stops the ball coming out. Wigglesworth is truly awful
ChrisTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ChrisTiger »

In club rugby a penalty count that high would be dealt with harshly by the assessor. Tigers too flat and few ideas beyond the "let's try a miss1 backs move". Right team won and the margin flattered tigers. Onwards and upwards.
Official Company Mushroom.