Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Well done Newbury RUFC

Post by BJ. »

From the Beeb.

I love the comment "You hear cries from supporters who are 150 yards away, but how can they possibly tell?" It's obvious - they're usually in the Shed at Kingsholm. :smt003
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
northerntiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Well done Newbury RUFC

Post by northerntiger »

or, to be fair, the Crumbie
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Good on Newbury!

Banter with the ref is fine, especially at professional level, but football style abuse/swearing is not on at any rugby ground.

We all have perfect vision on the Crumbie Terrace obviously!! :smt003
Soggypitch
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

northerntiger wrote:or, to be fair, the Crumbie
I was thinking back to our match down there in '07. It was a 1pm k/o on a Sunday and three of us had arrived early and stationed ourselves in the middle of the Shed smack on the halfway line. I was amazed how the Glaws supporters far to our left could, going by their vocal indications, spot 'forward' passes by Leicester away to our right and those to our far right could see all the forever-cheating Tigers encroaching offside at the other end of the park.

It was a good day out, except for the result. :smt002
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I am pleased to say that three of the most abusive of the ref, in the Crumbie, are either not there any more (MOC :smt005 ) or have moved.

I hope this gathers momentum and filters through to Lee Dickson and other abusive players. A return to 'captain only speaks', unless spoken to, would be very welcome IMO.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

jgriffin wrote:I am pleased to say that three of the most abusive of the ref, in the Crumbie, are either not there any more (MOC :smt005 ) or have moved.

I hope this gathers momentum and filters through to Lee Dickson and other abusive players. A return to 'captain only speaks', unless spoken to, would be very welcome IMO.
At least Nigel Owens seems to apply that rule consistently!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I recall one game where Geordan was captain, and he obviously wanted to speak to the ref about something.... he stood there with his hand in the air like a schoolboy saying "Sir! Sir! Please...Sir!" :smt050
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
piebaps
Tiger Cub

Post by piebaps »

At half time in the Eng v Wales 6N game, the TV people interviewed Joey Barton and asked what he thought of his first rugby game. He said it was a little surreal. Everyone was walking around with pints, everyone was respectful and nobody was chanting abuse at the players or match officials. A fair summary I thought! :smt038
Pieus et bapus
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

piebaps wrote:At half time in the Eng v Wales 6N game, the TV people interviewed Joey Barton and asked what he thought of his first rugby game. He said it was a little surreal. Everyone was walking around with pints, everyone was respectful and nobody was chanting abuse at the players or match officials. A fair summary I thought! :smt038
I had something similar when we played Western Force in a pre-season match a year or two back.

Mrs Beej was away in Paris that weekend so a Rams-supporting friend borrowed her season ticket and we caught the train to Leicester. As we weren't driving, I decided we'd have a 'points of the compass' drink before the game, i.e. a pint in one of the bars in each stand. We finished off at the Drogs and, with 15 minutes to go before kick-off, I bought two more pints and said we'd take them to the seats. He was amazed we were allowed to do that plus he was already astonished we could freely walk around the ground without being accosted by stewards.

And people wonder why I stopped going to football matches. :smt002
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Fair play to Newbury.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina