Sarries Wembley attendance. Really?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Latecomer

Sarries Wembley attendance. Really?

Post by Latecomer »

83889 claimed, but with so many empty red seats? And how many of those tickets were actually sold?
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Re: Sarries Wembley attendance. Really?

Post by ellis9 »

The stadium does hold 90,000 though so it leaves about 6500 empty
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

If you give tickets away and they do not attend,still a ticket classed as sold :smt013
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Yep. I went to the game at Wembley two years ago and half the top tier was empty, yet the attendance was still claimed as well over 80,000.
Latecomer

Post by Latecomer »

Wembley website says the top tier has 39165 seats, so even if you're generous and say it was 80% full that's still 7800 unoccupied seats. And that's ignoring the large areas of the lower tier that were empty. If this was Twitter #joke
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

83.889 ? Reallly, unbelievable when Sarries struggle to fill Allianz Park for most
matches. I bet there was hundreds if not thousands who were on Freebies from the RFU plus sundry competition prizes from Sponsors and loads of first timers who thought what the hec there's nothing good on Telly and I don't want to be dragged out by the wife SHOPPING! There were probably 30 to 35,00 genuine rugby fans there and to believe the official figures, cor they were a quiet lot weren't they? If you listened carefully, apart from the Sarries and quins crowd there was only the polite clapping when a try was scored.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Don't forget that this will push their attendance figures up so their average for the season is always well above the Tigers...........yea get real!! Lets ignore the Wembley and Twicks games for attendances.
SArries gates average about 4500 if your lucky!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Isambard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Isambard »

But full credit for the imagination behind the club. They have lots of ideas to grow its image unlike Tigers administration who only have plan a which is to sell more season tickets at an earlier stage than ever in the season.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

Isambard wrote:But full credit for the imagination behind the club. They have lots of ideas to grow its image unlike Tigers administration who only have plan a which is to sell more season tickets at an earlier stage than ever in the season.
Silly Tigers, getting a guaranteed income from over 10,000 fans and ensuring there's a good base from which to make a profit. Let's give thousands of tickets away to a random and disengaged public who, experience shows, don't follow up and buy into Saracens as chronic sufferers of their stupid songs! Saracens run on a massive deficit every year yet Tigers, by and large, at least break even.

Who's really getting it wrong? :smt023
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Saracens are a here today and gone tomorrow enterprise..Fake Club, set up by the Saffas to rule the English game. One day, the money men will decide enough is enough with the annual deficit, and pull the rug.................
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

The expat young Saffas and Aussies will turn out for absolutely anything! They can turn up drink lots of lagery st
uff, yell and scream then go back to their crummy flats convinced that they have had a great time! I know half of them!
Tigers - true Champions!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Isambard wrote:But full credit for the imagination behind the club. They have lots of ideas to grow its image unlike Tigers administration who only have plan a which is to sell more season tickets at an earlier stage than ever in the season.
What would you rather have them do? Take games like Saints to larger wendyball grounds? You're one of the first to complain about fixture movement and I'm sure that you'd be deeply unhappy if they moved a home game to another stadium...
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Johann Rupert is richer than Ozymandias, and running Saffers is less than change down his sofa. I wouldn't expect him to get bored or broke any time soon. This isn't mere Sir John Hall, or Brian Kennedy money.

They're here to stay I think.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
What would you rather have them do? Take games like Saints to larger wendyball grounds? You're one of the first to complain about fixture movement and I'm sure that you'd be deeply unhappy if they moved a home game to another stadium...
Unless Tigers gave 3 years notice of the venue change......... :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I don't see Saracens as a club that will longevity and agree that taking a game per season to Wembley is a fairly innovative ploy and a day out for fans. Last year they moved home games all over the shop but I see them as a club moving forward with a new ground (not that I enjoyed our visit).

Tigers could be more innovative IMHO. Agreed that the 15,000 ticket holders are the priority but why not consider moving a big game to LCFC or perhaps asking to see if we could be involved in the 4 club London Twickenham weekend at the expense of Irish? Also time for the club to get the Crumbie and clubhouse ends sorted out. Mind, at least there will be a big screen today - about time!