Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wormus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Transfer Rumours Thread 2013/2014 Season

Post by wormus »

duffers wrote:http://www.onrugby.it/2014/02/26/ghiral ... -un-passo/

Ghiraldini to Leinster are the latest rumours in Italy. Note that the comments below link us to Loamanu (as mentioned before in this thread) and Rizzo from Treviso.
I believe I read on this forum that Rizzo was a Lady - Well lets belatedly get a Ladies team going as well particularly the way they played at Twickenham. - Bring it on !!!
That gives us yet another Team for the non believers to criticise. :smt045
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Rykard wrote:
jgriffin wrote:I can't figure whether Cockers is helping his mate Dean out or laughing his socks off - Lamb?? Schuster??
I think both parties are happy, we've got rid of a couple of players who haven't fitted in as well as they could have and Worcester have got a known fly half and a 'good' prop to cover their injuries.
....and who possibly will do quite well in The Championship.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Rizzo would fit - we're definitely going to be in the market for front line props with Stankovich and maybe Schuster off.

Loamanu also mkes sense as cover for Niki leaving - but he could also be the bruising 8 we're after... depends where we want him.

If dan goes then Campagnaro would be a great signing but if he didn't then do we really have space? It would be him and Loamanu for my money.

Also Leinster would be astrange call - they already have Strauss and Cronin - a 3rd test hooker may not be on the agenda.
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

[quote="G.K"]
....and who possibly will do quite well in The Championship.[/quote

Schuster's only signed til the end of the season.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

Harry Wells has joined Bedford Blues for the rest of the season on loan. Anyone know what this guy is like?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Mr Bean wrote:Harry Wells has joined Bedford Blues for the rest of the season on loan. Anyone know what this guy is like?

He is a very very good young talent.

Plays Lock and 6, potentially he could be up they with Croft and Mafi in terms of talent.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Mr Bean wrote:Harry Wells has joined Bedford Blues for the rest of the season on loan.
And for those of us outside the distribution area of the Bedford Times & Citizen, here's the proof.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

BJ. wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:Harry Wells has joined Bedford Blues for the rest of the season on loan.
And for those of us outside the distribution area of the Bedford Times & Citizen, here's the proof.
Whoops forgot to put a source in late night long day at work. It was also in the Beds on Sunday http://www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk/Spor ... 170032.htm
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

RagingBull wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:Harry Wells has joined Bedford Blues for the rest of the season on loan. Anyone know what this guy is like?

Plays Lock and 6, potentially he could be up they with Croft and Mafi in terms of talent.
I'd love for him to reach the level of a Croft or Mafi although I personally see him as more of a Brett Deacon type player. He might never play for England or the Lions but he could be a very useful player. From what I've seen he doesn't lack anything physically although he will probably end up at 6 because he isn't the tallest. He could be a very good player for us in the future if he can get past our current 6's. With Croft, Mafi, Gibson and Matera to an extent he might find it difficult to get game time.
kelmat

Post by kelmat »

What makes us all so sure that Freddie Burns is a done deal, I know thats what everyone says, but wheres the evidence ?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TigerLad wrote:
RagingBull wrote:

I'd love for him to reach the level of a Croft or Mafi although I personally see him as more of a Brett Deacon type player. He might never play for England or the Lions but he could be a very useful player. From what I've seen he doesn't lack anything physically although he will probably end up at 6 because he isn't the tallest. He could be a very good player for us in the future if he can get past our current 6's. With Croft, Mafi, Gibson and Matera to an extent he might find it difficult to get game time.

I reckon he could go to quins.

Kelmat, Burns has pretty much all been confirmed as coming.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

kelmat wrote:What makes us all so sure that Freddie Burns is a done deal, I know thats what everyone says, but wheres the evidence ?
Where is the evidence that is is not a done deal :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Didn't Cockers let it out the bag recently & I'm sure I heard Simon Cohen doing the same on RL!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerLad wrote:
RagingBull wrote:

I'd love for him to reach the level of a Croft or Mafi although I personally see him as more of a Brett Deacon type player. He might never play for England or the Lions but he could be a very useful player.
Haven't you just described his dad? :smt001
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Haven't you just described his dad? :smt001[/quote

No relation to John, if that is what you are suggesting, but is a local lad. Harry's Ma & Pa posted on the unoffy a couple of times a while back - http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 6,13797859