Are the Tigers Board dumbing down.............???????????

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Are the Tigers Board dumbing down.............????????

Post by sapajo »

kornboy130 wrote:
Isambard wrote:The Tigers' board are renowned for their conservatism and lack of imagination. They are also obsessed with income, often at the expense of rugby quality and have less and less awareness of supporters.
Yet we consistently win trophies and spend up to the cap?

Get over yourself.
The pot calling the kettle black :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Smudge wrote: I can forgive them being gallant losers as long as thy give their everything
and play as a team. Losing is not a shameful thing, it's the way we play that counts.
Erm - we won :smt017

Granted it was ugly but four points is four points :smt023
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I have severely criticised some of the Headless Happy-Clappers, one or two of who have reinvented themselves as Cockers-Knockers. We have had a perfect storm of injuries this season, only just relenting, and some of our better players are badly burnt out.
If you want heavy money spending on supposed superstars, go to Bath. If you want a welter of behind the arras payments to create a megasquad, go off to Allianz. If you appreciate that some clubs (us, Quins) don't do this and with few injuries will do very well indeed, then stay here. If you appreciate that the club has been through one of its darkest times and is still level 4th in the league, then please congratulate the management.
I still strongly support the need for some new coaching input, as I did in the last two seasons (when MOC was here, history rewriters :smt019 ), for all clubs need this. What I don't support is the mindless, thoughtless, knocking that's going on.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

jgriffin wrote:I have severely criticised some of the Headless Happy-Clappers, one or two of who have reinvented themselves as Cockers-Knockers. We have had a perfect storm of injuries this season, only just relenting, and some of our better players are badly burnt out.
If you want heavy money spending on supposed superstars, go to Bath. If you want a welter of behind the arras payments to create a megasquad go off to Allianz. If you appreciate that some clubs (us, Quins) don't do this and with few injuries will do very well indeed, then stay here. If you appreciate that the club has been through one of its darkest times and is still level 4th in the league, then please congratulate the management.
I still strongly support the need for some new coaching input, as I did in the last two seasons (when MOC was here, history rewriters :smt019 ), for all clubs need this. What I don't support is the mindless, thoughtless, knocking that's going on.
Edit: How can a rocky protruberence or bald pinnacle be censored?
Now that is a good post :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

cidermark wrote:
jgriffin wrote:I have severely criticised some of the Headless Happy-Clappers, one or two of who have reinvented themselves as Cockers-Knockers. We have had a perfect storm of injuries this season, only just relenting, and some of our better players are badly burnt out.
If you want heavy money spending on supposed superstars, go to Bath. If you want a welter of behind the arras payments to create a megasquad go off to Allianz. If you appreciate that some clubs (us, Quins) don't do this and with few injuries will do very well indeed, then stay here. If you appreciate that the club has been through one of its darkest times and is still level 4th in the league, then please congratulate the management.
Edit: How can a rocky protruberence or bald pinnacle be censored?
Now that is a good post :smt038 :smt038 :smt038
Finally, someone with a rational post. :smt038
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jgriffin wrote: What I don't support is the mindless, thoughtless, knocking that's going on.
You are entitled to your opinion JG but your rant remains just that. Because at the end of the day we are all entitled to our opinions however expressed, supported, not supported, welcomed or not welcomed.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Cidermark wrote:-

And the best part of £200 I spent was worth it just to see that rubbish?
You clearly weren't there. My little group, (ten of us), were hacked off.
It was even worse watching the recording in the evening.

Griff you are being offensive and acting as if yours is the only opinion.
I pay my hard earned money to support the team I have followed since the early fifties. I reserve the right to comment as I feel, which at the moment is "peeved"!
A life long Tiger
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

sapajo wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:
Isambard wrote:The Tigers' board are renowned for their conservatism and lack of imagination. They are also obsessed with income, often at the expense of rugby quality and have less and less awareness of supporters.
Yet we consistently win trophies and spend up to the cap?

Get over yourself.
The pot calling the kettle black :smt023
Apologies, I must have missed where I march about bemoaning the work of professionals consistently because it doesn't fit with my own perceptions of the club is or isn't run based on wild hyperbole and speculation.
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

Smudge wrote:Cidermark wrote:-

You clearly weren't there.
Why was I clearly not there?

And are you suggesting that only people who attend the game are allowed an opinion? That would rule out a vast number of posts in this forum!
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

It was even worse watching the recording in the evening.
Now that must surely be the definition of a 'gluten for punishment'! Once was bad enough. Twice in one day! :smt002
bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by bc »

As has been said before, IMHO it is not the players. We have virtually the same squad as last season when we started some good rugby from Jan onwards. The big issue this the coaching staff - absolutely no new thinking and no creativity at all. I cannot believe that a coaching staff of:
Cockers,Burke,Blaze,Murphy is going to bring new thinking into the team. Apart from anything else I don't see anyone there acting as a counter balance to Cockers.

Why we insist on bringing players who have retired straight into our coaching set up I will never know. Much better to help them cut their teeth in the southern hemisphere and then come back here.

I am sorry but we are in a professional sport and we cannot keep saying that injuries are the cause of the problem. It is up to the coaching staff and I am afraid the club has gone backwards this season. At the expense of even more flack from those who believe that criticism is disloyalty, I would suggest that Tigers have stood still over the last 4 years and watched others move past us.
TomWeston
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TomWeston »

MrPartridge wrote:
Now that must surely be the definition of a 'gluten for punishment'! Once was bad enough. Twice in one day! :smt002
'Gluten'? Are you addressing K/Cornboy or Smudge here? :smt003
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

bc wrote: I would suggest that Tigers have stood still over the last 4 years and watched others move past us.
The last 4 years where we have reached the final and won the title twice? I think its difficult to judge where we stand at the moment. For the first half of the season I think we did a really good job, we reached the quarters of europe and stayed in touch of the top 4 in the premiership with one of the worst injury lists we have ever seen. As much as I hate to say it I feel the current problem is Toby Flood, I feel he has lost the backing of the dressing room and is thus overplaying things in order to prove he still wants to be here. Which I believe he does but if the team don't then he needs to be moved aside for Williams. We have the pack to dominate teams and the back line to tear them apart but we are not doing so because we are not clicking, we are in a bad place but I don't think it is as bad as some on here would have us believe.
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

MrPartridge wrote:-
You are right. I couldn't believe my eyes the first time round!
The slow-mo is useful to see, prove or disprove, incidents you see in real time.
It was just as bad on the box if not worse.
TV viewers don't get the full atmosphere at the ground and certainly don't hear the caustic comments flying around.
There were several shouts about RC that would have ruined his week, let alone afternoon.
A life long Tiger
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

BC wrote:-
As has been said before, IMHO it is not the players. We have virtually the same squad as last season when we started some good rugby from Jan onwards. The big issue this the coaching staff - absolutely no new thinking and no creativity at all. I cannot believe that a coaching staff of:
Cockers,Burke,Blaze,Murphy is going to bring new thinking into the team. Apart from anything else I don't see anyone there acting as a counter balance to Cockers.

Why we insist on bringing players who have retired straight into our coaching set up I will never know. Much better to help them cut their teeth in the southern hemisphere and then come back here.

I am sorry but we are in a professional sport and we cannot keep saying that injuries are the cause of the problem. It is up to the coaching staff and I am afraid the club has gone backwards this season. At the expense of even more flack from those who believe that criticism is disloyalty, I would suggest that Tigers have stood still over the last 4 years and watched others move past us.
Excellent post, I couldn't agree more.
A life long Tiger