Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Toby Flood

Post by kingol22 »

Is it time to drop him?

This year he has not been at his best and his form seems to be dropping game by game although I don't believe that his head is already with Toulose. He has been a great player for us and continues to give everything to try and win us the game, the problem being that he seems to feel the need to do it himself. I just feel that something is not quite right off the pitch at the moment and Floods move could well be the cause of this, he seems to have lost faith in the team and the team in him. Lets think long term and give Williams a shot and let someone else take the captaincy.
TomR96
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Toby Flood

Post by TomR96 »

I totally agree, drop him and Ben Youngs, starting Male and Williams. Make Salvi captain. By changing captain could change the whole attitude of the players as it seems a lot of players are getting bothered by Flood. I could name a few, one being Mulipola.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Pity I cant lip read but Muli was pretty :censored: angry with young Toby....

Mele and Williams most certainly deserve a starting spot, though what that would do to YBY's confidence, heaven only knows.

But, at present, both are well below the form required...
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

It was mentioned by Steve Johnson today that he can't remember the last time he witnessed any Tigers players arguing on the pitch like certain players were today with Toby.
kingol22 wrote:Is it time to drop him?
Yes time to 'drop' him,although i can't see it happening.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Maidman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Maidman »

I don't think Toby plays as well when he is captain, and I think he feels the pressure.

I thought Toby and YBY had okay games today, but I would agree, I think we should be giving OW and Mele more of a go.

Pity is, that because the games are so close we don't have the confidence to bring these players on, and bring them on earlier.

I think Toby is still an asset, but he had a bad day today, and if we've got OW on the bench let's give him a go.
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I don't think dropping him fixes anything. While Floody and Logo's reactions were inexcusable I can see why they behaved that way. As fans we are disappointed with today's performance, but think how the players feel. They don't want to be the team which doesn't reach the final and will be desperate to do anything they can to win. But they can see that this season isn't going well and that they might not make the playoffs. Unfortunately this frustration spilled onto the pitch and the players will know that this behaviour isn't acceptable. If the players are frustrated this should be addressed at Oval park and in the dressing room, not on the pitch.
Frankers
Tiger Cub

Post by Frankers »

What exactly happened with Flood and Mulipola??
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Frankers wrote:What exactly happened with Flood and Mulipola??
I must confess, I missed it to be honest - can anyone shed any light as to when this happened please?
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

longlivethecrumbie wrote:
Frankers wrote:What exactly happened with Flood and Mulipola??
I must confess, I missed it to be honest - can anyone shed any light as to when this happened please?
Second half, can't remember exactly but I think it was about 60 or so minutes.

Flood received the ball on attack in the Glaws 22 and was looking to offload but he held on for what seemed an age, which resulted in him getting nailed by a Glaws defender.

Flood seemed/appeared to 'blame' players for not being where he thought they should be - or being "in the way / blocking" the intended recipient of the pass (which was never released) (I'm guessing a little obviously), it seemed that Mulipola was the main recipient of the chastisement, he didn't appreciate it and gave a bit back (verbally), can't remember much more than that and haven't watched the recording back yet. (So I could have got it a little off track!)

It was commented at the time on the terrace that Floody was looking for someone to blame when things weren't going to plan again. (someone's opinion)
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

When we were attacking in the 2nd half Flood had the ball but then got mullered by their tighthead. He seemed to be blaming Mulipola for blocking his lines and there were words exchanged and there faces were quite close at one time
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

This photo sums up the frustration of today nicely IMHO
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

.............I do wish Ben and his scrum half mates would just stop this and get on with the game!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Big Dai wrote:.............I do wish Ben and his scrum half mates would just stop this and get on with the game!
.....and other players to stop pointing at where they think the ball has gone out of play following a kick........and forwards to stop getting up from a scrum and turning to the touch judge and gesturing....... :smt002 :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Big Dai wrote:.............I do wish Ben and his scrum half mates would just stop this and get on with the game!
.....and other players to stop pointing at where they think the ball has gone out of play following a kick........and forwards to stop getting up from a scrum and turning to the touch judge and gesturing....... :smt002 :smt023
Precisely! :smt023
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"