Calum Clark as Saxons Captain

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Calum Clark as Saxons Captain

Post by Bill W (2) »

GS wrote: Oh yes, and Lancaster is another example of somebody being promoted beyond his ability.
Just so!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
youngtiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by youngtiger »

[quote="GS"] I am fully aware that rugby is a physical game and that there is a fine line between playing hard and downright thuggery. There are those who see Lawes as a hard player fulfilling a role within the team, but I just see a thug out to get a threatening player taken out of the game (Flood at Twickers). Also Hodgson in the SF [quote]

I feel that there's a fairly clear line that distinguishes what Lawes does/did which was overtly-physical to the point of becoming thuggish, and what Clark did, which had nothing to do with any rugby and was simply an example of opportunistic and cowardly physical violence enacted upon a defenceless player who was not playing any active part in the game at that moment.

Having said that, I'm not one for grudges as it does nothing for me, and to quote someone clever "if you can't forgive and forget, then forget forgiving and just accept that that's it": so, he gets to play rugby again, moving on.

Given that no one has (that I've seen) specficallly suggested another (better) candidate in the team, here's mine: Luke Wallace. He's captained his club to winning the LV cup and A-league, has been one of the stand-out junior players of the Premiership since his breakthrough and strikes me as the outstanding candidate for the captaincy at this level given his experience. As it is, Clark has the job because the coaching staff know him and like him, so he'd better respect the opportunity more than he has any other.
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

In my book it takes more than 2 years to clear his slate enough to even be considered for a place in a squad. Captain is ridiculous.
Tigers - true Champions!