Ian Evans

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian Evans

Post by bc »

I see Ian Evans got his just desserts against Leinster for stamping - a red card. Clearly a serial stamper as its was he who cynically stamped on Harry Ellis and effectively curtailed his career- he was never the same after coming back from that injury.
Tigerbeat

Re: Ian Evans

Post by Tigerbeat »

Has Evans been banned previously for stamping? If so, he is looking at a very long ban. It was so clear in the TV.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tigerbeat wrote:Has Evans been banned previously for stamping? If so, he is looking at a very long ban. It was so clear in the TV.
One minute of Googling has revealed Evans received an 8 week 2 day ban for stamping on Harry Ellis in 2005.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Will be interesting to see what will happen in regard to any sanction given the fact that this incident was in the Heneiken Cup and I am not sure who will consider the matter and what previous offences are admissable?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

What they failed to mention on the telly was that it was a driving maul so even if he was on the floor boots shouldn't have been anywhere near him. Injury looked awful could easily have lost part of his ear
lee

Post by lee »

If you watch the slow motion reply from the touchline side you see that possibly 2 other players tried to stamp on the player as well

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/9 ... -evans-red
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

BJ. wrote:
Tigerbeat wrote:Has Evans been banned previously for stamping? If so, he is looking at a very long ban. It was so clear in the TV.
One minute of Googling has revealed Evans received an 8 week 2 day ban for stamping on Harry Ellis in 2005.

It was a nasty incident with Ellis and almost as bad last night. It is pretty dim also as he was looking the ref in the eyes a few seconds before and appealing for something. Should receive a hefty ban.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Agree with BC offence was blatant and repeated, you have only to catch the player on the wrong part of the head to do serious brain injury. As said this is nit the first time Evans has offended in this manner. I hope he gets a lengthy ban and learns a salutory lesson.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

bc wrote:I see Ian Evans got his just desserts against Leinster for stamping - a red card. Clearly a serial stamper as its was he who cynically stamped on Harry Ellis and effectively curtailed his career- he was never the same after coming back from that injury.
Exactly - I've commented the same elsewhere. He took deliberate aim at the side of Harry's weight bearing knee. The bloke is a thug and a coward, in the mould of Calum Clark.

As a side point, what advantage are they hoping to gain by doing this? In the modern game you will always, always, get caught. Sheer brainlessness.
Tigers till I die

www.ruckedover.blogspot.com
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

He should have been banned for life for what he did to Harry - we were about 20 yards away at the time.
Amazing that the Osprey coach is reported as saying in the Rugby paper that it was not in his opinion a red card as it was not conclusive. Says a lot about their coaching set-up there.
I hope he gets the longest ban they can inflict
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:He should have been banned for life for what he did to Harry - we were about 20 yards away at the time.
Amazing that the Osprey coach is reported as saying in the Rugby paper that it was not in his opinion a red card as it was not conclusive. Says a lot about their coaching set-up there.
Concur. With his previous minimum 12 months.
Still keeping the faith!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

From the Beeb.

12 weeks ban. It was originally 16 weeks but reduced due to 'the player's guilty plea, good conduct and remorse during the hearing.'
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Jeremy Anderson wrote:He should have been banned for life for what he did to Harry - we were about 20 yards away at the time.
Yet Evans pleaded guilty.

Is he calling his coach a liar, or is he just implying that his coach has poor judgement and an unreliable opinion?
Starburst
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Starburst »

The Leinster player shouldn't have been there and if your going to lie on the floor in the middle of a driving maul you can expect to get stood on. A lot of players stuck in the middle (on both sides) won't even have been able to have seen where their feet were treading or had any control over their movement.

However if the judgement was that it was intentional or at the least reckless then he deserved a very long ban. It wasn't long enough in my opinion but a better verdict than ones I can recall involving other players Horwell, O Connell etc.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Starburst wrote:The Leinster player shouldn't have been there and if your going to lie on the floor in the middle of a driving maul you can expect to get stood on.
Stood on, yes. Stamped on deliberately, no. Not these days.
Starburst wrote:A lot of players stuck in the middle (on both sides) won't even have been able to have seen where their feet were treading or had any control over their movement.
As I remember it, Evans wasn't one of these. His guilty plea maybe goes some way to confirming that.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.