Thanks Tigers from Ulstermen

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Suftum64

Thanks Tigers from Ulstermen

Post by Suftum64 »

Just home from one of the best away trips, although the score helped!
To the Tigers in Robert Peel pub we had great rugby chats with, the banter in the ground during the game. Huge respect to the Tigers.
After the game, the party under the stand with the group was superb, Tigers & Ulstermen together. Thanks to the band for letting a few Ulstermen sing, well, I say sing...... :-))
And Elvis was there too! Fabulous, thats what we need at Ravenhill!
Good luck in France guys, hope you do the business!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Thanks Tigers from Ulstermen

Post by fleabane »

We thoroughly enjoyed your vIsit, but can you develop a second verse for "stand up . . " before your next visit, please? We learnt the first verse after the first couple of dozen repetitions quite easily! :smt002

Great match, deserved win for Piennaar (Ulster). :smt012
Valhalla I am coming!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

fleabane wrote:We thoroughly enjoyed your vIsit, but can you develop a second verse for "stand up . . " before your next visit, please? We learnt the first verse after the first couple of dozen repetitions quite easily!
Don't think we can complain about repetitive chants! :smt005

Ulster fans were a credit, and made us Tigers fans up our game. Best atmosphere at Welford Road for a good while.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Great game, although I'm sure it was even better if you're an Ulster fan. Hopefully we can beat Clermont and get to meet you again in the semis, but if not I will be cheering for Ulster to go all the way. I don't think I'd be able to cope with the Munster and Leinster love in if they won! :smt003
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Great atmosphere, great game, indifferent result - long trip to Clermont.....
Thanks to all for a good Saturday evening
Pip
Red White and Green

Post by Red White and Green »

Shame about the result, but a great atmosphere in the ground and plenty of banter with the Ulster fans stood next to us. We could be playing them again in the semis :smt001
rocktop51
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rocktop51 »

A true European night to remember - thanks Ulster for helping Welford Rd make it so :smt027
Hambo :- He was with England when he was injured, but he was a Tigers player, our player. He is still our player.”
TheproudTiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TheproudTiger »

What a game - what a great atmosphere - and what great fans the Ulstermen are.
Met loads in the Final whistle and all enjoyed the banter even singing with our Elvis.
Really enjoyed the night.
Just booked Birmingham to Lyon and back for only £91 per person so see all you Tigers in Clermont for another battle. :smt023
NorthernStar

Post by NorthernStar »

Hi guy's, definately the best away game I have been to. Your fans and club are top class and the post match celebrations were great fun :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZlyC-dAHtg

Just a pity I wasn't sober enough to get more on video.
BigMervyn

Post by BigMervyn »

Fantastic w/e. Superb supporters during and especially after the game. Impeccable sportsmanship during the kicks and very magnanimous in defeat. Loved the whole WR setup. I'd love to meet Tigers in Dublin in the s/f for a chance to return the hospitality so good luck with that. I know Clermont haven't lost at home for 71!!! games but as you know, these runs always come to an end eventually :smt002

btw I managed to leave a small SatNav in the ground on Saturday. Just been on to the nice lady at reception who confirmed that it had been handed in and very kindly agreed to post it to Belfast free of charge. Fantastic :smt038
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Big Merv, we are a generous lot over here, we let you have the game, got your satnav back, let you take over the band, even let you help out Elvis! :smt035 :smt030 :smt051 thats me flying off to Clermont.
Noddy555
Super User
Super User

Post by Noddy555 »

Thanks to all my friends in Northern Ireland, especially Joe,Sue & David who were there on Saturday Let's hope that was the only gift you get from us this year and if we meet in the semifinal back at Welford Road, you'll reciprocate,
but if we do meet hopefully you'll meet a new tigers team that contains Manu & Crofty.
BigMervyn

Post by BigMervyn »

Noddy555 wrote:Thanks to all my friends in Northern Ireland, especially Joe,Sue & David who were there on Saturday Let's hope that was the only gift you get from us this year and if we meet in the semifinal back at Welford Road, you'll reciprocate,
but if we do meet hopefully you'll meet a new tigers team that contains Manu & Crofty.
We might meet in the sf but it won't be WR
SUFTUM2

Post by SUFTUM2 »

Just like to say another big thank you from an Ulster supporter who was at Welford Road for the first time.

Fantastic welcome, great game, great banter and as they say in Belfast 'the Craic was 90'

Look forward to hosting you at some point in the newly revamped Ravenhill.

This is why we all love Rugby.

Good luck in France.

PS If you make it to meet us again in Ireland in the Semis I promise to buy you all a Guinness!!

SUFTUM!!!
Redhandoff

Post by Redhandoff »

A big thank you to all the fantastic tigers fans who made my first visit to welford road such a memorable one........a special thank you to Phil the Northamptonshire tiger for the pre-match hospitality and regards to the two Wolverhampton tigers we spoke to pre-match.
Hope to see you all in the Aviva! :smt038