Tigers vs Ulster - Teams up!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Baggy Trousers

Re: Tigers vs Ulster

Post by Baggy Trousers »

BJ. wrote:
Tomvarndell wrote:Hopefully win on Saturday then draw Munster at home in quarters which could be an even better occasion, followed my Leinster at the Crisp Bowl in the Semis and finally a reunion with Ulster in the final. Would be a perfect season providing we also get to beat Sarries in the Aviva final along the way. :smt045
What have you got against the Irish? :smt002
The home of the evil ERC seems a good bet, Ireland is guilty by association despite having identical representation to every other country.

800 years of John Bull's oppression has taught us to be accepting of our fate. It's very clearly all our fault.

Sorry about that and as a country we apologise for all your many & varied grievances against us. Here, have the rest of the potato crop, we'll just starve & be happy to do so, God bless you kind master.

Yours sincerely
A surly ungrateful bogtrotting Paddy.

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Baggy Trousers wrote: The home of the evil ERC seems a good bet, Ireland is guilty by association despite having identical representation to every other country.

800 years of John Bull's oppression has taught us to be accepting of our fate. It's very clearly all our fault.

Sorry about that and as a country we apologise for all your many & varied grievances against us. Here, have the rest of the potato crop, we'll just starve & be happy to do so, God bless you kind master.

Yours sincerely
A surly ungrateful bogtrotting Paddy.

:smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Being a bit kind on yourself there I see, typical Irish always focusing on the positive aspect of there life.
snoopster

Post by snoopster »

BJ. wrote:
Tomvarndell wrote:Hopefully win on Saturday then draw Munster at home in quarters which could be an even better occasion, followed my Leinster at the Crisp Bowl in the Semis and finally a reunion with Ulster in the final. Would be a perfect season providing we also get to beat Sarries in the Aviva final along the way. :smt045
What have you got against the Irish? :smt002

I don't know about him but I'm still waiting for a proper apology for Bono in general and U2's musical out put over the last 20 years.
And that is without even getting started all the rubbish pop acts.
Ireland has alot to answer for.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

snoopster wrote:I don't know about him but I'm still waiting for a proper apology for Bono in general and U2's musical out put over the last 20 years.
But they did give us Father Ted, arguably one of the funniest things to hit our screens in the past 20 years.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

BJ. wrote:
snoopster wrote:I don't know about him but I'm still waiting for a proper apology for Bono in general and U2's musical out put over the last 20 years.
But they did give us Father Ted, arguably one of the funniest things to hit our screens in the past 20 years.
And Guinness and Geordie Murphy!!!
Soggypitch
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Just a reminder that this thread is about the Tigers V Ulster game on Saturday. Please keep discussions on topic.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

Just a reminder that this thread is about the Tigers V Ulster game on Saturday. Please keep discussions on topic.
I'd like to see a moderator have the balls to lock this thread ahead of Saturday's humdinger for going 'off topic'! :smt002

As for the game… Tigers as short as 4/9 in the betting, Ulster as long as 13/8! Draw 22/1. Tigers now as low as 8/1 to win the cup.

I think Ulster (as then only unbeaten team in the competition with a shot at 1st seed) can feel aggrieved at being 16/1 to win the cup (with Sarries at 12/1). That's an insult to the Ulstermen IMO!
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

MrPartridge wrote:
I'd like to see a moderator have the balls to lock this thread ahead of Saturday's humdinger for going 'off topic'! :smt002

As for the game… Tigers as short as 4/9 in the betting, Ulster as long as 13/8! Draw 22/1. Tigers now as low as 8/1 to win the cup.

I think Ulster (as then only unbeaten team in the competition with a shot at 1st seed) can feel aggrieved at being 16/1 to win the cup (with Sarries at 12/1). That's an insult to the Ulstermen IMO!
I hope we are better behaved than Millwall fans, but experience has taught us to share their credo - Nobody loves us, we don't care.

Of course we'd love to be loved but ...................

Anyway, I don't care much for odds, bookies generally are too scared to quote much on individual games & with good reason, rugby is much more predictable than wendyball, I mean any fool can see Tigers are massive favourites. I wouldn't take anything worse than Ulster +15.

We know we are just fulfilling the fixture and are destined for 7th seeding, pretty good for the likes of us I'd say. :smt045
Cockatrice
Tiger Cub

Post by Cockatrice »

MrPartridge wrote:

Don't worry we are used to being insulted... Our team has been named one or two surprises but I do fear our defence of the maul coupled with some average performances of late.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Banter is fine, but don't overstep the line and let's not get too personal or political, thanks :smt002 :smt001 :smt023

For local pubs etc, there is a topic in Chit Chat forum with pub recommendations which you might find helpful.
http://forum.leicestertigers.com/viewto ... =3&t=31517

Gates open 2 hours before kick off (usually) and I concur with other posts that to get a good spot you need to get in when the gates open. There's usually no problem leaving your place to get drinks or food or go to the loo, people around you will generally keep your place if you ask.

(and no, I am not going to lock this thread, nor do I need balls, being of the female gender :smt002 )
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

don't listen to all the ancient historical Irish tosh. Coming from North of the border I haven't forgiven them for invading Dalriada in the 7th century- they started it!

We shall have to finish it at Welford Road on Saturday

Let's do it for those poor Picts!
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

I hope we are better behaved than Millwall fans, but experience has taught us to share their credo - Nobody loves us, we don't care.

Anyway, I don't care much for odds, bookies generally are too scared to quote much on individual games & with good reason, rugby is much more predictable than wendyball, I mean any fool can see Tigers are massive favourites. I wouldn't take anything worse than Ulster +15.

We know we are just fulfilling the fixture and are destined for 7th seeding, pretty good for the likes of us I'd say. :smt045[/quote]

Steady on with the paranoia. Baggy old chap.

You'll have us thinking you've been sampling the Rastafarian woodbines :smt043
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Niall Malone on The Rugby Hour tonight said Tommy Bowe is almost definitely out of this weekends match.

Unless that's just what he wants us to think...
Blimey...
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

old one eye wrote:I hope we are better behaved than Millwall fans, but experience has taught us to share their credo - Nobody loves us, we don't care.

We know we are just fulfilling the fixture and are destined for 7th seeding, pretty good for the likes of us I'd say. :smt045

Steady on with the paranoia. Baggy old chap.

You'll have us thinking you've been sampling the Rastafarian woodbines :smt043[/quote]

No no no Cyclops my friend, we just know when we meet superior foes/potential friends. We aren;t very good at present, in fact if I were allowed to swear we've been :smt013 awful of late, off the boil.
YoungMan

Post by YoungMan »

Do you still use Deep Purples Smoke on the Water before the tiggers hop onto the pitch.

I believe Big Fat Nick is a Purple fan, and Stormbringer is his favourite ditty

Comin' out of nowhere, drivin' like rain
Stormbringer dance on the thunder again
Dark cloud gathering, breaking the day
No point running 'cause it's coming your way

Ride the rainbow, crack the sky
Stormbringer coming, time to die
You got to keep running, stormbringer coming
:smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt035 :smt039
Gonna be a cracker
I'm so happy I feel like bouncing!