Tigers vs Ulster - Teams up!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Johnnyg

Re: Tigers vs Ulster

Post by Johnnyg »

Baggy Trousers wrote:I will probably regret this come Saturday night BUT, I'm amazed by the faith many of you display in Ant A.

Admittedly I no longer see much PRL rugby given the switch to BT, however I've always regarded him as highly flakey and at times a liability. Have I been watching the wrong man?

By the way, in case you are concerned that this is the start of a boring assault on your team, it's not, I've nothing to say in similar vein about any others.

That has probably guaranteed he will be magnificent. :smt013
With respect I have never seen a post that was more lacking in judgment. He is the most consistent player Tigers have had for the last decade. He may not set the world on fire in attack, but flakey and a liability. Not in my view.
snipewatson

Post by snipewatson »

Johnnyg wrote:
Baggy Trousers wrote:I will probably regret this come Saturday night BUT, I'm amazed by the faith many of you display in Ant A.

Admittedly I no longer see much PRL rugby given the switch to BT, however I've always regarded him as highly flakey and at times a liability. Have I been watching the wrong man?

By the way, in case you are concerned that this is the start of a boring assault on your team, it's not, I've nothing to say in similar vein about any others.

With respect I have never seen a post that was more lacking in judgment. He is the most consistent player Tigers have had for the last decade. He may not set the world on fire in attack, but flakey and a liability. Not in my view.
Interesting to see how he copes with Luke Marshall at 12.
The Ulster team will be:
T Court, R Best, J Afoa, J Muller, D Tuohy, R Diack, C Henry, R Wilson, R Pienaar, P Jackson, C Gilroy, L Marshall, D Cave, A Trimble and J Payne
Last edited by snipewatson on Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Very strange seeing as I'd say most Tigers fans would put his consistency among his most prevalent plus sides.
Cockatrice
Tiger Cub

Post by Cockatrice »

Would a bonus losing point be enough for the Tigers?
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Cockatrice wrote:Would a bonus losing point be enough for the Tigers?
For what?

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

We have already qualified. If we lose this game we qualify as one of the 2 best runners up, with a very difficult away match. A losing bonus might affect who we play. We must win this match to have a realistic chance of winning the Cup, IMO.
Cockatrice
Tiger Cub

Post by Cockatrice »

Johnnyg wrote:
We have already qualified. If we lose this game we qualify as one of the 2 best runners up, with a very difficult away match. A losing bonus might affect who we play. We must win this match to have a realistic chance of winning the Cup, IMO.
Think we both need the win to provide best chance of progress to a SF.......Not sure too many teams will want to come to Ravenhill for a QF expect teams might feel the same re you guys.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

With key players returning to fitness in the next month or so, we should be significantly stronger come the QF's. Home advantage (fingers crossed for a home semi too!) could pave the way to the final.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

Yes, I have to say that is not the impression we as Tigers fans have of him. :smt003. He's the type of player who may not score tries from 80m but will do everything well and won't let anyone down. I would say he is the type of player who you don't appreciate until he's gone, we take rock solid defence for granted and he is key to that. Very similar to Brad Barritt defensively but offensively he is on another level.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Tommy Bowe fails in his hope to return against us.

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... ter-tigers

Gilroy & Fitzpatrick may be ruled out under concussion regulations.

I'm a big fan of Tommy Bowe so have to say, in the nicest possible way, I'm pleased we won't be facing him, even if an appearance in a return from injury match may not have been his best.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

drc_007 wrote:

Perhaps you are confusing him with Lamb?
Agreed!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

My old man is NOT a happy bunny. He's 80 on Saturday and mother has "Organised" a family meal to celebrate the occasion. She's suggested he can record the game.

I sense there will an escape plan!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I sense there will an escape plan!
Show him this link for inspiration > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaFBFmJG-LI

Wish him better luck
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

WhitecapTiger wrote:Tommy Bowe fails in his hope to return against us.

I'm a big fan of Tommy Bowe so have to say, in the nicest possible way, I'm pleased we won't be facing him, even if an appearance in a return from injury match may not have been his best.
I suspect that come Saturday their fitness may be transformed :smt045
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:
WhitecapTiger wrote:Tommy Bowe fails in his hope to return against us.

I suspect that come Saturday their fitness may be transformed :smt045
Hmmmm, yes, I considered that after I'd posted. Wouldn't be surprised at all now :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.