The slowest red light offence ever!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

jgriffin
Super User
Super User

The slowest red light offence ever!

Post by jgriffin »

Coming back from Sunday's match, traffic & flooding delivered me to the Fosse Park/Enderby Rd succession of gantries. There was a queue which I dutifully joined. I was silly enough to end up stopped under a gantry without really noticing, and when the queue moved, so did I.
POP! The lights had changed. I had moved about 10 feet. :smt009

Mercury headline: Tigers fan crashes red light at 5 mph and gets done!

The fine/points letter arrived this morning. :smt010
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: The slowest red light offence ever!

Post by Eon B »

Might be worth appealing on the grounds you were trapped in a position that impeded other traffic.

I once was flashed at 31mph in a 30. North Kesteven were having a funding drive at the time.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: The slowest red light offence ever!

Post by fleabane »

For those not in the system, the fixed penalty for speeding increased last year from £60 to £100 - that makes it an expensive 1mph!

Speed limits are one of the only absolutes in English Law, and it is worth taking care to obey them. their enforcement is nothing to do with "funding drives", but with safety, particularly in built up areas. The signs are visible from a sufficient distance to allow drivers to slow down, although noting the speed of some cars coming through the village (one prosecuted for doing 61mph - she got a driving ban), one would think them invisible.
Valhalla I am coming!