Heineken Cup no nearer a resolution (2)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Heineken Cup no nearer a resolution (2)

Post by fleabane »

True! The issue of next seasons European competitions remains unresolved.

New posts here, but please keep to the subject this time! It is an issue that has financial implications for all of English rugby, and no competition would leave a large hole in everyone's pockets, ours included.
Last edited by fleabane on Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valhalla I am coming!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Heineken Cup no nearer a resolution (2)

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

I do not agree with the moderators locking the original thread, it was still on topic and relevant.

The moderators on here are worse than the current crop of referees.
snipewatson

Post by snipewatson »

fleabane wrote:True! The issue of next seasons European competitions remains unresolved.

New posts here, but please keep to the subject this time! It is an issue that has financial implications for all of English rugby, and no competition would leave a large hole in everyone's pockets, ours included.
The most sensible post I’ve read in a while.
We all need each other and the sooner we realise that and stop playing silly :censored: the better.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:I do not agree with the moderators locking the original thread, it was still on topic and relevant.

YBH, you are entitled to your opinion and it is respected. However, the thread was just descending into disagreements rather than discussion. If you have any issues with the moderation of the site you know that you have several choices available, one of them being to conatct the club.

Rizzo and myself do not get any reward for moderating the forums and do it on a voluntary basis. Not all users are going to be happy all the time.

Any further queries, drop me a PM
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Tigerbeat wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:I do not agree with the moderators locking the original thread, it was still on topic and relevant.

YBH, you are entitled to your opinion and it is respected. However, the thread was just descending into disagreements rather tha discussion. If you have any issues with the moderation of the site you know that you have several choices available, one of them being to conatct the club.

Rizzo and myself do not get any reward for moderating the forums and do it on a voluntary people. Not all users are going to be happy all the time.

Any further queries, drop me a PM
I completely disagree with everything that you have written there. The original thread had some good debate still going on. This is a forum. Things should are debated. I shouldn't have to contact the club about moderators.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

The original thread had some good debate still going on. This is a forum. Things should are debated. I shouldn't have to contact the club about moderators.
+1

Restricting debate on a fans forum is not acceptable IMHO. Can moderators please advise who specifically we contact at the club with either postal/email address?
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

MrPartridge wrote:Can moderators please advise who specifically we contact at the club with either postal/email address?
Rather than wait for the moderators to give you the information, why not address your grievance to the general admin and ask for it to be directed to the appropriate person(s)? I find they are usually very efficient.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The debate on the Heineken Cup no nearer a resolution has not been restricted and stopped users from discussing it.
The thread has been split into what is now a part 2.

Please feel free to contact Gary Sherard if you have any concernss about the moderation of the forum.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

With a total lack of any news on the subject, the first post seemed to have run it's course and was full of what was purely speculation on all sides. Untill we get something concrete from either side of the dispute, debate was both pointless and speculative, it was going nowhere and very slowly at that. Moderation is the name of the game and we should respect those doing it in the spirit that we as players respected the referee, that is after all what is one of the main foundations of our game.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

May I direct those complaining to the Rules of the Forum, to which you agreed when you signed up.

For ease of reference: "You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit."

We do not have to give explanations, although in general we do. Complaints can be directed to Gary Sherrard (you will find his email address in the contacts section) or to the general admin email address.

In most cases threads going over 30 or 40 pages are locked as no one bothers reading back through that amount of posts, and posts/comments get repeated ad infinitum. In general, very long unwieldy threads benefit from locking and starting a new one. The old one is still there for reference, and it is easy enough to copy and paste if you want to quote something. The particular Heineken cup thread seemed to be going well into sniping and bickering, and was not following constructive discussion or resolution until something gets resolved in the Heineken cup issue. Therefore after discussion we decided to lock it and a fresh one has been started.

I am sorry if some of you disagree, but as I have said, please refer to the Rules of the Forum to which you agreed when you registered to post here.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Does locking one thread and opening another on the same subject achieve anything?

The argument about no one looking at the previous posts in a thread is spurious.
Any comments in the first will definitely not be looked at once a new thread has opened.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

The original thread was going in circles. Points were being raised on page 100+ that were posted by the same authors in the first few pages with the same rebuttals by the same authors who rebutted originally.

I understand this new thread was an attempt to bring the debate out of its ever decreasing circle. A forlorn hope bound to fail due to the nature of the contributors as a mass.

I suggest that as this thread now appears to have diverted almost entirely from rugby that it be moved to Chit Chat.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

The original thread mirrored the topic quite nicely - repetitive, circular, testy, angry and in case you havent heard this before, repetitive, circular, testy, angry and...

I dont really see what point moving to a mark two will serve. The topic remains valid and current, and further posts will no doubt continue to reflect that topic by being repetitive, circular, testy, angry and ....

All hope must rest on those that have some role in resolving the mess (with the HC, not the thread), but as they are the ones who got us here, we're all doomed to yet more repetitive, circular, testy, angry and (oh, I've said that already).

Perhaps what's really required is some thought and self-restraint on the part of posters here. OK, so that'll never happen. What the other lot get up to is, sadly, largely out of our hands.

I'd say 'Long live the Heineken Cup thread(s)' but actually I'd prefer the basic issue to be sorted and soon, but I'm not expecting that much before the 59th minute of the eleventh hour!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Grimlish wrote:Perhaps what's really required is some thought and self-restraint on the part of posters here.
Can I have a pint of what you've been drinking? :smt002

You're right though. For the time being, there's no new news so I see no point in raking over the same old coals or gnawing at the same old bone or whichever cliché you prefer. Others however ...
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

I support the moderators in any decision they make. They do a difficult job, under difficult circumstances without recompense. The original thread was extremely boring and just going around in circles. As. Rizzo says read the rules of the forum and if you don't like them clear off somewhere else.

YBH and others - you ought to be ashamed of yourselves although I very much doubt you will. !!!! :smt018
Give blood, play rugby!!