Can we reach the play offs?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Can we reach the play offs?

Post by WiggoTiger »

Are we realistically good enough to mix it with the BIG BOYS if we reach the play offs? Going on the performances I have watched both home and away I am (yet again) a worried fan. Maybe MoC had a bigger influence on the team and plans than we thought, Burke seems out of his depth.
Why do we also persevere with the long kick off?? GRRRR :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Can we reach the play offs?

Post by sapajo »

We have failed to replace those that have left us with quality replacements and our bargain basement shopping is beginning to slowly unravel
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

We are 2 points behind Quins in 4th, of course we can make the play offs, its a minor miracle that we are even in contention for the Play offs of the AP and HC with how many injuries we have had
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

We are being hurt more by the long term injury list TBF, other players brought in have been thrown in the deep end a lot (I do not include Lamb in that as he should both know and be better).
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Our success this year depends on what injuries we get, if we can have a team of 1. Ayerza 2. Youngs 3. Cole 4. Kitchner 5. Parling 6. Mafi 7. Salvi 8. Waldrom 9. Youngs 10. Flood 11. Benjamin 12. Allen 13. Manu 14. Morris 15. Tait after the six nations then I truly believe that we will be in the mix for the prem come the end of the season and be in with a chance in europe as well. We had been 6 wins in a row before today and this loss could kick start our premiership campaign.
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

fentiger wrote:We are being hurt more by the long term injury list TBF, other players brought in have been thrown in the deep end a lot (I do not include Lamb in that as he should both know and be better).
Exactly, players like Hepetema, Matera and Scully are playing their 1st season of top flight professional rugby, we have had players like Miles Benjamin and Mat Tait coming back from long term injuries, It isn't time to write the season off yet
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sapajo wrote:We have failed to replace those that have left us with quality replacements and our bargain basement shopping is beginning to slowly unravel

Yeh because we only just last week won our first game in france since 2006, against a good Montpellier team.

What position were we in the WC year at this point.

Jesus people can be so over the top.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

kpj tiger wrote:
fentiger wrote:We are being hurt more by the long term injury list TBF, other players brought in have been thrown in the deep end a lot (I do not include Lamb in that as he should both know and be better).
Exactly, players like Hepetema, Matera and Scully are playing their 1st season of top flight professional rugby, we have had players like Miles Benjamin and Mat Tait coming back from long term injuries, It isn't time to write the season off yet
Spot on the pair of you, and others who think similarly.

Wiggotiger asks a fair question / makes a fair point or two - long kickoffs are confusing if we are not chasing them hard for example.

It will be difficult, but we do difficult.

Some toys need to go back into prams and dummies back into mouths.
sapajo wrote:We have failed to replace those that have left us with quality replacements and our bargain basement shopping is beginning to slowly unravel
Who exactly has left that has been improperly replaced? We have far more quality players out injured (some of the freak injuries) than any that have left and been poorly replaced IMO.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

... and no matter what anyone may suggest the plastic pitch is definitely an advantage.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

RagingBull wrote:

Yeh because we only just last week won our first game in france since 2006, against a good Montpellier team.

I am not a Jesus person :smt002 and I am do not give a flying fig about europe our priority must remain the premiership at all times. I suspect therein lies the problem :smt023
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Personally I'd swap a Prem final/win for an HC win, it's about time.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

We can still win them, let alone get there.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

And you missed the point entirely well done.

My point is if the team was doing that badly all together then we would be a lot lower in the premiership and out of the question in the HC.

but we are in alright position in both.
Last edited by RagingBull on Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sapajo wrote:
RagingBull wrote:

I am not a Jesus person :smt002 and I am do not give a flying fig about europe our priority must remain the premiership at all times. I suspect therein lies the problem :smt023
So, who has left that has been inadequately replaced sapajo?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

KEEP THE FAITH![size]
Last edited by Bill W (2) on Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still keeping the faith!