Cockers? Can we keep him?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Cockers? Can we keep him?

Post by cornish tigress »

Not sure if this has been covered recently as haven't been on the forum in an age, but I know Mr Scully's contract is coming up at the end of December and I think he has been a great find. Are we keeping him do you know?
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: Cockers? Can we keep him?

Post by kornboy130 »

I'd imagine we'll be attempting to shoe horn him in to the cap any which way - for a bloke at his first professional club he's been getting an awful lot of game time for someone supposedly dispensable.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Why are we letting Cockers go? :smt045
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Think Richard and us will be bosom buddies for a while yet :smt005
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

jgriffin wrote:Think Richard and us will be bosom buddies for a while yet :smt005
I like bosom's or is it buddies :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

According to Simon Cohen on tonight's Rugby Hour they're trying to find the money to keep him until the end of the season if possible. There's no money left in the injury dispensation pot as we've used it all (all £400,000 of it) so it's a case of trying to find some but still keep under the salary cap.
Blimey...
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Crivvens wrote:According to Simon Cohen on tonight's Rugby Hour they're trying to find the money to keep him until the end of the season if possible. There's no money left in the injury dispensation pot as we've used it all (all £400,000 of it) so it's a case of trying to find some but still keep under the salary cap.
Which gives the lie to the constant assertion (by other than Saffacens) that we break the cap.....
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hopefully our accountants can think of something maybe, because he would be a great replacement for Hamilton.
Farmboy

Post by Farmboy »

Could it be a case of bonuses in other contracts(IIRC bonuses come under the cap)If Tigers do well more is paid out so no room in cap, do less well more room in cap.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Crivvens wrote:According to Simon Cohen on tonight's Rugby Hour they're trying to find the money to keep him until the end of the season if possible. There's no money left in the injury dispensation pot as we've used it all (all £400,000 of it) so it's a case of trying to find some but still keep under the salary cap.
Please can someone remind me which players have we signed as injury dispensation that has cost us £400,000? I can only think of Hepetema?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

sapajo wrote:
Please can someone remind me which players have we signed as injury dispensation that has cost us £400,000? I can only think of Hepetema?
Matera is a dispensation and i think Comacho could have been a dispensation for Benjamin too
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Thanks forgot about Camacho as we have not yet seen him in a tigers shirt due to injury and we have seen precious little of Matera since his arrival :smt017
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

sapajo wrote:Thanks forgot about Camacho as we have not yet seen him in a tigers shirt due to injury and we have seen precious little of Matera since his arrival :smt017
To be fair Matera has only been available for 2 games so far due to international commitments and HC games and he played in 1 of them
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

kpj tiger wrote:
sapajo wrote:Thanks forgot about Camacho as we have not yet seen him in a tigers shirt due to injury and we have seen precious little of Matera since his arrival :smt017
To be fair Matera has only been available for 2 games so far due to international commitments and HC games and he played in 1 of them
OK but I hope we do see him in action again soon and not for him to disappear for months into the Tigers manufacturing plant given the fact that we have so many injuries and we signed him as an injury replacement. :smt023
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

sapajo wrote:
kpj tiger wrote:
OK but I hope we do see him in action again soon and not for him to disappear for months into the Tigers manufacturing plant given the fact that we have so many injuries and we signed him as an injury replacement. :smt023
Well you won't see him in the next 2 games as he can't play in the pool stages. Can we really throw him in against Sarries away in the third game, especially if like Mele he can't understand a word our Kiwi contingent like Waldrom and Salvi say to him!
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.