New users! Say hello, introduce yourself here.(new thread)

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: New users! Say hello, introduce yourself here.(new thre

Post by tigerburnie »

Welcome to the mad house TJF
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Tigerjackflood wrote:Heyyyy tigers family! I'm new and like to say helloooo

Welcome to the forum.....happy posting!

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Gleisondyn

Post by Gleisondyn »

Hi, well this is going to be interesting so lets see how it goes.

I'm a Cardiff Blues fan but live in england. I have a workmate/friend whose a big Tigers fan and I have been to see Tigers play at Sandy Park for the last three seasons with her and been to Welford Road twice, would have been more but had knee op so couldn't make it.
I love Welford Road, it's a great ground and compared to the crowd we get at the Arms Park it good to go to a ground that's at capacity and the atmosphere is really good. I like the way the ground falls silent when a kick is taking place. I wish more clubs would do it. Even met Tom Youngs, Dan Cole and Tuilagi after the game at Sandy Park this year. I've even bought a polo shirt in tigers colours to wear to the game, don't get too excited it's got the Welsh feathers on it, but it is red, white and green.
I just thought it would be good to chat to other rugby fans, especially to a club I go to. Hope to come up a few times next season too.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Well come to WR!

Don't be afraid to post - we have supporters of a number of clubs who post her, but remember that we have (slightly) better manners here than on many forums. :smt001 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026

Take part and enjoy!
Valhalla I am coming!
Gleisondyn

Post by Gleisondyn »

Thanks Flea,
Don't worry there'll ne no slagging off from me. I enjoy the sport and respect other teams. I'm a bit old school I suppose, and as I say I have a kind of affinity with Leicester through a friend. The staff there are good as well. At the recent game at Exeter we waited around after the game and as I said met some of the players. I took a photo of my friend with Tom Young (her favourite player). When we checked the photo didn't come out. I felt really bad about it so I contacted the club and they arranged for a programme to be signed by Tom and sent on to me to give her. They were absolutely brilliant.
I might have a bit of friendly banter if we ever meet in the LV cup or Heineken. Or when Wales play england. :smt023
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

You are more likely to get banter from me when Wales play Scotland!

Enjoy!
Valhalla I am coming!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

welcome to new users - nice to have you here. :smt006
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
billyboy

Just hello

Post by billyboy »

HI, New on the block. Just to say :smt006
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Welcome to the forum billyboy. Happy posting!

www.matthampson.co.uk
PsychoMouse

Post by PsychoMouse »

Hi guys and gals.

Just thought I'd join the forum as I've only recently got into rugby in general. I've been to a couple Tigers games before and the DMU vs UoL varsity games a few times.

Having been brought up in a football house, in a city where football is the only sport played to a decent standard (Birmingham), and having very little exposure to rugby, even at school. Studying in Leicester and having both football and rugby on tap was a nice change.
Having them both as well as playing American Football for both DMU, who you probably saw practicing in Mandela Park pre and post game, and the Leicester Falcons in the National Leagues, was a joy.

However i've finished my degree and the prospect of having to watch Birmingham City (even though I love them dearly) every week fills me with dread. The whole game of football has put me off recently, though I do like a bit of non-league, the professional game is just a terrible, boring and a big bubble waiting to burst.
I want to be in a place where there is proper terracing, no segregation, where I can drink in view of the pitch, and where there isn't abuse hurled at opposing players and fans for just existing by brainless idiots.

So I thought I'd come back to Leicester to watch a few Tigers games here and there, and hopefully really get into it and making me want to come back over and over again.
I shall be at the game on Friday night, standing up with a beer in hand, hopefully watching some decent sport for a change.

Ta,
Dan
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Welcome to the forum, PsychoMouse. :smt006
Demelza - another Mother
NottmTiger

Post by NottmTiger »

Hi all,

Tigers fan here from Nottingham, been a follower since the late 90's always looking out for the results but have never been to a game! Although that is about to change as i've bought a ticket for the Montpellier home game.

I'm also a Nottingham Forest season ticket holder which takes up most Saturdays but like the above poster have become quiet dissalusioned with the game & the whole matchday experience so really looking to get into my rugby & watching the Tigers going forward.

Look forward to talking the Tigers with you all!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

welcome to the forum :smt006
Demelza - another Mother
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Nottm tiger, welcome to the forum.

Happy posting!!

www.matthampson.co.uk
Dannym229

Post by Dannym229 »

Hi just joined - been following rugby since 2002 - unfortunately past my best to play but enjoy watching Tigers and shouting TIGERS TIGERS with the restt of them

Danny