England V's Argentina

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

England V's Argentina

Post by Will S »

Rumour has it that the only Tigers in the starting line up at the weekend will be for the Pumas. On the one hand this could be a good thing for Tigers considering all our injuries - last thing we need is a few players coming back from the international period broken. I do think it would be a bit of a slap in the face for OTY, Parling and Cole considering how the coaching team always go on about players "having credit in the bank". How does Ashton keep holding on to his shirt when these guys get dropped after beating Oz?

Maybe it is just the case of keeping some of the players fresh for the All Blacks or simply having a look at other players to give them some international experience but an England team with no Tigers in the starting line up would leave me feeling a bit miffed.

Maybe the rumours are wrong ......
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: England V's Argentina

Post by Bunchy »

very surprising given that the whole front row will change - cant help feeling that is a very odd decision unless there are injury concerns we are not party too - here is the link to Chris Foy who is very accurate on these things

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... enham.html
Less is more....
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Perhaps he's saving the best front row for the ABs?
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

How many times in recent years has there been an England team without one Leicester player starting?!

I have not got a clue but it feels like it should be a long time!!

I think Cole will be back for the AB's, being dropped for this game may actually sharpen him up, it could be a good move by Lancaster.

Very surprised he's not given Burrell a run at 12.
Soggypitch
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

They aren't dropped. It's just normal rotation, which we see all the time even at club level. And we never know what niggles a player is carrying.

Plus OTY and wife are due their first child this weekend I think i read, so I think there was a thought that he may have to pull out the squad.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Team's up - no Tigers start, Youngs x2, Cole, Parling and Flood benched.

http://www.rfu.com/qbeinternationals
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Argie team:

15 Lucas Gonzalez Amorosino, 14 Horacio Agulla, 13 Marcelo Bosch, 12 Santiago Fernandez, 11 Juan Imhoff, 10 Nicolas Sanchez, 9 Tomas Cubelli; 1 Marcos Ayerza 2 Eusebio Guinazu, 3 Maximiliano Bustos, 4 Mariano Galarza, 5 Patricio Albacete, 6 Pablo Matera, 7 Julio Farias Cabello, 8 Juan Manuel Leguizamon (captain),

Replacements: 16 Santiago Iglesias Valdez, 17 Nahuel Lobo, 18 Juan Pablo Orlandi, 19 Manuel Carizza, 20 Benjamin Macome, 21 Martin Landajo, 22 Gonzalo Tiesi, 23 Santiago Cordero
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Tom Youngs on bench after the birth of his child http://www.espn.co.uk/england/rugby/story/205107.html
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I presume they are resting the Cole and Tom Youngs and perhaps don't want to risk Corbisiero as a starter. So the front row is no surprise.

I would anticipate Parling starting next week in the big game but it makes sense to give Launchbury and Lawes game time.

Ben Youngs hasn't been on top form for us, so I suspect he may well have the bench spot for a while yet. In many ways it may suit him to use his speed against tiring legs without the responsibility of the early part of the match where attacking opportunities are less and control more critical.
rdracup
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by rdracup »

G.K wrote:Team's up - no Tigers start, Youngs x2, Cole, Parling and Flood benched.

http://www.rfu.com/qbeinternationals
Any stato's out there that can tell us when an England XV last took the field without a Tigers play in the starting line up (excluding) the B team tours in Lions years.
fortysix
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by fortysix »

Cannot believe Ashton is considered the top right winger in England.
It is beyond a joke now.
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tig1 »

I think the Tigers lads are suffering from the effects of a tough Lions tour and lack of rest pre season. We have seen the effects partly through injury, and partly just through lack of top form. The players who had the summer off look much fresher to me. They need managing through the season, but i expect them to get a second wind come the new year.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

I'm sitting at work in Northampton with a few people pointing out that not only are no Tigers starting on Saturday but 5 Saints are starting!

It's a good call putting Foden on the wing IMO, he's playing well, is quick enough and is much better defensively than all the other wingers.

Would like to have seen Wade given a chance in place of Ashton though.
Soggypitch
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Wade is injured
Less is more....
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

Bunchy wrote:Wade is injured
Yes I've just read that, likewise Yarde, hence Goode on bench.

see

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... ional.html
Soggypitch