Ryan Lamb banned for 1 game following red card in A league

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Ryan Lamb banned for 1 game following red card in A leag

Post by tigerburnie »

Lamb was under some severe provocation I think and that will no doubt keep him out of serious trouble, as long as he learns from it.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Saw Ryan today he was sporting a sling and a bandaged hand lets hope he makes a swift return to action. What he did was wrong but he was under severe and nasty provocation from some Gloucester players throughout the game and I am sure he will learn his lesson.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Lamb has broken his hand and is out for 4 to 6 weeks per todays Mercury. Presumeably whilst punching the Glaws prop Britton.
baz1664
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by baz1664 »

It was stupid from lamb plain and simple, even if there was provocation he should have known better than to starting swinging punches, he has let him self and more importantly the team down and put us in a sticky situation with only flood and Williams being fit fly halves in a busy part of the season, for me Williams is the future and I hope he gets the game time he deserves to develop, lamb needs to learn or he won't be a tiger for long!!
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

I wasn't there, but if the provocation had been going on for some time, shouldn't someone on the pitch or from the coaches have had a word with Ryan to help him calm down and deal with it better? Sure, he's been stupid - for breaking his own hand - but surely the captain or coaches must take some responsibility to spot such trouble brewing.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Cliffeclimber wrote:I wasn't there, but if the provocation had been going on for some time, shouldn't someone on the pitch or from the coaches have had a word with Ryan to help him calm down and deal with it better? Sure, he's been stupid - for breaking his own hand - but surely the captain or coaches must take some responsibility to spot such trouble brewing.
Chutes was the skipper until half time when he went off not sure who took over but the trouble was brewing for all to see as the teams left the field at half time. It should have been nipped in the bud at half time but it demonstrably was not and that applies to both teams.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Disappointed about this. Was looking forward to seeing him finally throw a match-winning pass for us!
A Saints fan whose trolling shouldn't be taken too seriously
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

He'll be back in time for the trip to Ulster if needed.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

tigerburnie wrote:He'll be back in time for the trip to Ulster if needed.

??? Not if he is out for 4 to 6 weeks!- or do you know more?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

One hand behind his back Bob, he'll be fine..................... :smt004
chipnchase
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chipnchase »

Imagine deliberately breaking your own hand by punching someone. What a let down!
Hinckley Bob
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Hinckley Bob »

tigerburnie wrote:One hand behind his back Bob, he'll be fine..................... :smt004

Against Stains maybe, but not Ulster.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

baz1664 wrote:It was stupid from lamb plain and simple, even if there was provocation he should have known better than to starting swinging punches, he has let him self and more importantly the team down and put us in a sticky situation with only flood and Williams being fit fly halves in a busy part of the season, for me Williams is the future and I hope he gets the game time he deserves to develop, lamb needs to learn or he won't be a tiger for long!!
Bowden isn't a bad fourth-choice FH either.
Baggy Trousers

Post by Baggy Trousers »

tigerburnie wrote:One hand behind his back Bob, he'll be fine..................... :smt004

As you know TB when confronted by something hilarious on UAFC all I can say is - :censored: Sadie I roared. :smt003

Young Ryan could have a third hand & I doubt he would scare our defence. Sadly he does seem to be an easy wind up for he is a talented wee man even if he is as unpredictable as our Paul Marshall who can do great damage - to either team :smt042 .

I did see his fellow combatant got 4 weeks so maybe Ryan got more than his hand broken, sounds like he got his ass handed to him. :smt043
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Lamb pleaded guilty and had a previously clean record. Britton pleaded not guilty and I'm not sure about his previous. I suspect that is the difference in sanction.

Lamb wouldn't have played against Ulster anyway, it'll be Floody and Williams on the bench.