Manu

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Phil B
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu

Post by Phil B »

Childish prank. End of. Apologise? - I guess it's best as it's not the sort of thing that goes with the status of PM, and he should have shown more respect, I suppose.
I could agree with you...but then we'd both be wrong.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Media witch hunt aided by the sanctimonious prats such as Dawson who are now so far up their own media inflated anal sphincters they have forgotten the 'debunking' and 'ego deflating' traditions of rugby (the same media that introduced Stevens to Columbian Marching Powder).
There is a British tradition of deflation that started in the 1960s and we are all the more morally healthy for it.
Get a life!
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

jgriffin wrote:Media witch hunt aided by the sanctimonious prats such as Dawson who are now so far up their own media inflated anal sphincters they have forgotten the 'debunking' and 'ego deflating' traditions of rugby (the same media that introduced Stevens to Columbian Marching Powder).
There is a British tradition of deflation that started in the 1960s and we are all the more morally healthy for it.
Get a life!
I hardly think you can blame the media for Mat Stevens being a cocaine addict! He himself said he got drunk and took coke to seek oblivion from his "personal issues". The press are to blame for a lot of things, but to suggest that the media are to blame for that, well that's a classic!

As for Manu's misbehavior, a silly jape and nothing more. I agree the press are involved in a witch hunt, but having said that he should have thought about that highly predictable outcome bearing in mind his "ferry form". He is a bit childish, and in danger of being labelled a bit dim, but so what, no harm done at all.
Bowden Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bowden Tiger »

I think the real issue here is that yet again it gives the 'Knockers' more ammunition to have a go at our club. It may be childish, it may be a prank, but our club suffers.

Sorry, it wasn't the time, nor the place.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Perhaps we should drag this topic into a political quagmire in order for the aforementioned topic to be locked?

Tjs10? How 'bout: "Had the Prime Minister been of Labourish persuasion there'd be no one crying blue murder as the whole rugby thing is midle class, what?" :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
Pam.B

Post by Pam.B »

Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

I'm sure it wasn't Manu's Idea to write to DC to say sorry, But someone at the club.

Come on lets face it, It was a joke blown up by our wonderful media who it seems are finding real news items hard to come by recently. (hacking & bribing aside)
I also think there should be an investigation into "Where are Ben's Lions Shoes"
has he lost them or could it be that he only has black shoe polish at home! the plot thickens Watch this space to find out from Brian Moore or the Daily Mail.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Tweet from DC:

'David Cameron ‏@David_Cameron 2m
.@Manutuilagi it was great to welcome you and the @lionsofficial team to No10. No need to apologise, I know it was just a bit of fun.'
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

A quote from here.

Former England scrum-half Matt Dawson was less impressed, tweeting: "My view on Tuilagi/PM. I'm utterly embarrassed. When will some learn, there's a time and a place."

Thus speaks the man who delibrately went through the security gates at Sydney airport with his 2003 RWC winners' medal around his neck but hidden under his shirt knowing full well it would set off the alarms.

Next time Matt lad, may I suggest you read John 8:7 before you open your trap!
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
jonlin
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jonlin »

BJ. wrote:A quote from here.

Former England scrum-half Matt Dawson was less impressed, tweeting: "My view on Tuilagi/PM. I'm utterly embarrassed. When will some learn, there's a time and a place."

Thus speaks the man who delibrately went through the security gates at Sydney airport with his 2003 RWC winners' medal around his neck but hidden under his shirt knowing full well it would set off the alarms.

Next time Matt lad, may I suggest you read John 8:7 before you open your trap!
Better still, he should keep is trap shut. Full stop.
If Manu had done this to Blair he would now be incarcerated in the tower. Nice to see that Cameron, is a more rounded person than some and can laugh at himself.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

jonlin wrote:If Manu had done this to Blair he would now be incarcerated in the tower.
More likely he would just have 'disappeared' courtesy of Messrs. Darling and Mandelson.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

Cockers - "He should know better. He is old enough and wise enough to know he shouldn't have done it"
A reformed DoR?

As for Dawson and Moore, they're paid good money to spout drivel, so by being contentious they attract attention. Great players don't make make commentators.
Zdzislaw

Post by Zdzislaw »

Mixed feelings about this. Would Manu have done whilst with an elder or chief in Samoa? Probably not. Perhaps shows how little respect we have for our politicians.
tjs10
Super User
Super User

Post by tjs10 »

Ze Stade Fan wrote:Tjs10? How 'bout: "Had the Prime Minister been of Labourish persuasion there'd be no one crying blue murder as the whole rugby thing is midle class, what?" :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Actually I think there would have been even more noise about it had the PM been Labour as then the class card could have been played properly by suggesting that the person from the "middle class" sport was trying to belittle the "working class" Prime Minister.

I notice that so far nobody has been honest enough to state how they would have reacted had it been Farrell or North who did it instead of Tuilagi.

For the record, anyone claiming to be "offended" by Manu's actions is talking a load of old toss. What he did was stupid & immature, put himself, the club & the sport in general in a bad light but that is all. He embarrased himself, his club & other people by his actions but didn't genuinely offend anyone.
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

For the record, anyone claiming to be "offended" by Manu's actions is talking a load of old toss. What he did was stupid & immature, put himself, the club & the sport in general in a bad light but that is all. He embarrased himself, his club & other people by his actions but didn't genuinely offend anyone.

I agree completely

It wouldn't have made any difference if it was Blair or Brown or Clegg or any other politician.
Except maybe the Mirror instead of the Mail might have commented.
As for the class distinction utter tosh - IQ level might be a better measure
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15