Kieran Brookes

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TomR96
Top Cat
Top Cat

Kieran Brookes

Post by TomR96 »

Watching him play against Bath for the first game of the Aviva Premiership with Newcastle, I'm wondering why Tigers got rid off him. Every time he's got the ball, not only does he gain yards, the first tackler just bounces off him! Watching him now, I wish Tigers gave him more of a chance as he is still only 23 years old! The best player I've seen in the game so far has to be Kieran Brookes.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Kieran Brookes

Post by Darc Tiger »

Injury troubles, dropped down the order. Better for him to move and get more gametime at this stage of his career. We have Balmain who is a similar player coming through.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

He was hammered in the scrum though, good luck to him, he was never going to get past our two looseheads last year. Newcastle were very lightweight in the scrum, made Barf look good.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

Although he played well last night I can't say he particularly impressed at Tigers. Whether it was down to injuries I don't know and he is young for a prop but I would rather have Balmain
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

Bundy wrote:Although he played well last night I can't say he particularly impressed at Tigers. Whether it was down to injuries I don't know and he is young for a prop but I would rather have Balmain
Agreed. I think Balmain is the same age, maybe fractionally younger, but also demonstrates an appetite for carrying the ball with real purpose, but also impressed me last year with his scrummaging ability. Can't keep both happy behind Cole, so Balmain would be my preferred option (and obviously is for the club too).
Ayerza, Mulipola, Boris & Bristow.
Cole, Schuster, Balmain & Bower.
8 good options there, including some English youngsters with talent and potential.
Brugnara, Pasquali and Sears-Djuru further back, all age grade props too.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

He gave a couple of penalties away early door before some monster carries. Scrummaging was poor though. Nice to see him back playing and in the hunt for his top form. We can't hold onto every player and we had other options showing more form and a prospect in Balmain who offered the same thing but younger.