Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: We Need More Chants!

Post by Old Hob »

"
Maybe it would help if the tannoy announcers came on board to try and gee things up a bit when the crowd gets quiet."

I HATE that at other grounds and really really like the fact that our announcer is old-fashionedly neutral. The screaming, hysterical loons at Quins, sarries etc are awful and very embarassing when their side is losing badly.

I think Tigers players and fans have a different relationship from the one "enjoyed" by the shouty - change the whole squad every year - clubs
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

I still like a take on Jeff Becks classic

And it's.......
Hi, Ho, Leicester Tigers,
Everywhere you go,
Dum-de-dum-de-dum, etc, etc
Maximus66

Post by Maximus66 »

Old Hob wrote:"
Maybe it would help if the tannoy announcers came on board to try and gee things up a bit when the crowd gets quiet."

I HATE that at other grounds and really really like the fact that our announcer is old-fashionedly neutral. The screaming, hysterical loons at Quins, sarries etc are awful and very embarrassing when their side is losing badly.

I think Tigers players and fans have a different relationship from the one "enjoyed" by the shouty - change the whole squad every year - clubs

I never advocated the use of screaming hysterical loons, as you put it.
My post actually gave examples of what not to use.

I rather like our fairly simplistic chants, but you must admit, sometimes the atmosphere can get a bit flat.
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

GS wrote:
physiodan wrote:Not a particular fan of the Hakka but I thought the Toulon crowd Hakka excellent. We could have one at WR - somebody shouts the lead phrase and the answer could be the sound of plastic cups tapping the side of flasks of soup followed by another call answered by the almost silent but intimidating organised rustle of tartan blankets and the finale of the last call answered by the rousing sound of false teeth sucking on Werther's Originals. Very WR.
This made me spit coffee all over my laptop with laughter! Brilliant!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Tigerjackflood

Post by Tigerjackflood »

Whenever a kicker takes a kick at goal... Usually toby I always shout there's only on toby flood if he gets it in but if he misses I shout out whose on the bench normally there's only one george ford! I like that its starting to pick up in the cat stand
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Hi Ho etc etc.

Even Jeff Beck hated that song and only performed it under duress!
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

mightymouse wrote:Even Jeff Beck hated that song and only performed it under duress!
I wasn't expecting him to turn up and lead the singing!!!! :smt003

On the "Hi, Ho" front, how about ( from the seven dwarves)
Hi, Hooooo,
Hi, Hooooo,
Hi ho, hi ho,
It's off to the bench you go,
Your a naughty fellow,
You just got yellow,
hi ho, now go, now go, now go!

Ooow - come on! There must be some budding lyricists on this forum :smt001
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Eon B »

I love instances of one off individual wit rather than repetitive collectivism.

Favourite ever shout from the Crumbie was a response to Hawkins being sent off after 90 seconds (V. Bath Plugs, or whatever they call their second team)
"Well Done Ref. He's been doing that all night."
vin rouge
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by vin rouge »

Tigerjackflood wrote:Whenever a kicker takes a kick at goal... Usually toby I always shout there's only on toby flood if he gets it in but if he misses I shout out whose on the bench normally there's only one george ford! I like that its starting to pick up in the cat stand

don't get this- hardly encouraging (which is the point isn't it?), and not really amusing, but each to their own.