Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers Catering Feedback.

Post by sapajo »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Northenlad wrote:Ridiculous queues again in Upper CAT, so much money lost by the club!

Pre-pour works, but you need someone who is capable of using both hands at the same time!
Point of information.

Club does not lose money if Lindleys are poor. Lindleys have paid up front for the privalege of serving us.
That is precisely the problem Tigers are OK they have got their wonga upfront so it matters didly squat to them that supporters are getting miserable service. :smt011
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

sapajo wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:
Northenlad wrote:Ridiculous queues again in Upper CAT, so much money lost by the club!

Pre-pour works, but you need someone who is capable of using both hands at the same time!
Point of information.

Club does not lose money if Lindleys are poor. Lindleys have paid up front for the privalege of serving us.
That is precisely the problem Tigers are OK they have got their wonga upfront so it matters didly squat to them that supporters are getting miserable service. :smt011

Maybe so! But one equally might have thought that Lindleys had all the financial motivation to provide good service and hence increase revenue and profit.

I think "the club" have indeed assisted Tiger Dad in his efforts to get the service to an acceptable standard - although in the Cat Stand there would appear to be more progress to be made.

Incidentally in the Captains, ABC and Mark on Saturday - despite the game being a sellout, service was acceptable, IMO
Still keeping the faith!
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

The service in the Captains Bar was perfectly fine on Saturday but the service in the CAT stand continues to be a problem when there is more than a couple of people to be served when it really is like a collection of headless chickens at times! I know you probably can't insist upon it as a requirement for the job but I am convinced most of the staff there aren't used to being the other side of the bar very often which hardly helps! :smt017
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Note to Jason - It does seem that the CAT still has teething problems in terms of consistency and service. Perhaps it needs Carol. For those of you that don't know Carol, she ran the ABC/ Mark last season and now heads up the Captains, both of which run like clock-work.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tiger_Dad wrote:Note to Jason - It does seem that the CAT still has teething problems in terms of consistency and service.
Teething problems? I'm sorry TD but how long has the Cat Stand been open?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

Rome wasn't built in a day BJ.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Tiger_Dad wrote:Rome wasn't built in a day BJ.
Agreed. However, if Lindleys were doing the catering for the construction company building Rome, the workers would have died of thirst long before they started the second tier of the Colosseum!
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

BJ. wrote:
Tiger_Dad wrote:Rome wasn't built in a day BJ.
Agreed. However, if Lindleys were doing the catering for the construction company building Rome, the workers would have died of thirst long before they started the second tier of the Colosseum!
Nah! They would have gone to "The Local Hero"!

I cannot comment on service in the CAT. Maybe prioroty is given to the "Corporates" - who have greater voice with "the club".

I have to express (again) my satisfaction with the results Toger Dad et al have acheved in the outlets I frequent (Captains, ABC and Mark)
Still keeping the faith!
Dr H Flashman MBE
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dr H Flashman MBE »

I had a moan last year about the service in the ABC bar, however at the Irish game it was really good and quick! Short wait, divided queues (although I did queue in the wrong part). Really good. My last wait was 20 odd minutes, this time it was 5 max. Credit to the club in improving things. :drinkers: :drinkers:
There is never any points for 2nd place...
cidermark
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cidermark »

I'm admit that I haven't read this whole thread so I'll apologies now if this has already been raised.

My biggest bug-bear with the cat stand bars are the queues. You eventually get to the front only to be out shouted or muscled out by others who seem to lose their manners in the quest of that 5th or 6th ale of the game! And when you do finally get served you still have to wait as the person who served you isn't allowed to operate the till!!!

OK, problems are easier to shout than solutions - but he's my attempt at reducing some of the problem..... Why not have a simple 'snake' system as per many airports?

There are 'dead' areas either side of the actual bar (those expanses of grey breeze block) that could be utilised to extend the queue thereby increasing the number of people in the queueing system rather than having the melee that extends from bar to toilets as is the case now.

When you do get to the front, there would be less time spent by the staff asking 'whose next' then waiting for the arguments to die down before serving someone - you would just go to the next available staff member and get served.

At the end of the 'snake', ie the exit, they could have 2 or 3 tills with dedicated staff to take your 'hard earned'.

People would then find it easier to clear the area, either back into the stand or to the places no longer packed with people trying to get to the bar, making the whole process from queue to sup a whole lot quicker and less annoying. It would also take an awful lot of stress off the underpaid, (sometimes) underage and often castigated staff.
mothy
Tiger Cub

Post by mothy »

Not sure this correct place for this post but for all the car drivers who like to have something half decent to drink can all bars stock something like Becks Blue please ??
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Can't believe that someone seriously thinks its a good idea to put the hot food behind the bar in the ABC & Marks Bars
People complain already that they have to wait for drinks, now you will have to queue with the foodies.
We asked if it was just for this week, but was told no
Pip
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Stood with a few people on the terrace today and they experienced warm and poor tasting bitter from the ABC bar. They were given a full refund and did not purchase any further drinks during the game
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
pipkoi

Post by pipkoi »

Yes we fell foul of warm beer as well
Pip
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Pleased to report quality of cask ale and standard of service in Captains Bar excellent today!
Still keeping the faith!