Next Season's Heineken Cup all threads merged here

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Next Season's Heineken Cup all threads merged here

Post by BJ. »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:Word has it there will be a few 1000 Munster Fans in South of France the same weekend.
Steve mate, have you been to Perpignan before? If not, you must visit the USAPistes clubhouse on Rue Traverse de Piã. If you make it, please pass on our regards to Sebastian (aka Doblepoy), Johan and Stephane and let them know le petit Sebastian is still doing well here in sunniest Derbyshire. I'll email you some photos of these guys.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

BJ. wrote:
stevetelcom2000 wrote:Word has it there will be a few 1000 Munster Fans in South of France the same weekend.
Steve mate, have you been to Perpignan before? If not, you must visit the USAPistes clubhouse on Rue Traverse de Piã. If you make it, please pass on our regards to Sebastian (aka Doblepoy), Johan and Stephane and let them know le petit Sebastian is still doing well here in sunniest Derbyshire. I'll email you some photos of these guys.
A brilliant place to imbibe and stuff one's face - love it!! :smt030 :smt023
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Here's the fixtures with another Sunday teatime kick-off in southern France!
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
TigerAlex
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerAlex »

Looking at the fixture list, the word 'shafted' springs to mind.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Not a single Saturday day time game, they don't like us do they?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Mrmatt1

Post by Mrmatt1 »

English Teams Saturday Fixtures Rounds 1-4:

Northampton - 3
Saracens - 2
Harlequins - 2
Gloucester - 2
Exeter - 2
Tigers - 0

Certainly seems they don't like us tigerburnie.

:smt017 :smt012 :smt011 :smt009
Leicester Tigers rule. FACT.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

They must see us a threat and are doing their utmost to ensure our fans find it difficult to get to the games. Having said that the opponents fans won't be delirious either I guess.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

That scheduling is a complete disgrace, particularly the away games - 8pm Friday evening in Belfast and 4pm Sunday in Montpellier. And no public transport for many for the Friday evening home game.

Just confirmed our reasoning for giving up our STs this year.
Always a Tiger
Cardiff Tig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cardiff Tig »

bluntiger wrote:That scheduling is a complete disgrace, particularly the away games - 8pm Friday evening in Belfast and 4pm Sunday in Montpellier. And no public transport for many for the Friday evening home game.

Just confirmed our reasoning for giving up our STs this year.
Ulster play all their home games on a Friday night, got nothing against that one.

I can cope with a 3 o'clock on a Sunday, doesn't make much difference but the fact our home game against Treviso is on a Friday though is a complete joke! It won't even be the main game broadcast, just on the red button which makes it even worse.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Just the way I like it. The world against us, our backs against the wall. Come on boys let's go get them! :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
doublecarpet

Post by doublecarpet »

Well I've booked my flights to Montpellier. Short hop over to Perpignan on sat for the Munster game!
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

DC - Which flight have you booked? I'm struggling except from Gatwick!
Last edited by GT1 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Absolutely disgraceful scheduling.

The club should refuse to play at those kick of times especially Friday night games and definitely should refuse to host matches on a Friday.

As for Ulster. I have said time and again. I do not care if it is their 'tradition' to play on a Friday. It is a tradition of cheating and should not be tolerated by this club.

The fact that we have also agreed to play a pre season match with them when they do this kind of thing is absolutely disgusting, we should have no association with a franchise like Ulster.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

BJ. wrote:
We went a couple of seasons ago mate. We played them on a Sunday Afternoon, didn't complain about the kick off time, just came back with 5 points :smt038

I'll certainly call in and say hello to the guys in Perpignan for you Jon. We booked our hotel and flights last Tuesday, a pal in the know gave us the heads up fixture wise. :smt002 Where are you stopping in Montpellier?
ozwaldcopperpot
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ozwaldcopperpot »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:Absolutely disgraceful scheduling.

The club should refuse to play at those kick of times especially Friday night games and definitely should refuse to host matches on a Friday.

As for Ulster. I have said time and again. I do not care if it is their 'tradition' to play on a Friday. It is a tradition of cheating and should not be tolerated by this club.

The fact that we have also agreed to play a pre season match with them when they do this kind of thing is absolutely disgusting, we should have no association with a franchise like Ulster.
the club has no right to refuse, all they can do is request, and hope.

TV money decides who plays, at what times, simples

are you boycotting the Treviso game then ?

Ulster have been playing since 1879 !!

one can only assume there is something much deeper in your hatred of everything Ulster, that has nothing to do with playing on a Friday ?!
...Devil's advocate