True!! A mere 4 years ago!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Re: Cockers in trouble! Hearing on 1st July 2013

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

So does this set a precedent that players that can be seen swearing on the pitch after a mistake should be cited and given bans. I am sure I saw Foden swear after his try was disallowed. Was that not unprofessional and obscene behaviour which was seen on the big screen and on ESPN? :smt013
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:So does this set a precedent that players that can be seen swearing on the pitch after a mistake should be cited and given bans. I am sure I saw Foden swear after his try was disallowed. Was that not unprofessional and obscene behaviour which was seen on the big screen and on ESPN? :smt013
Absolutely! 4-6 weeks for violence. 3-8 for GBH And 9 for foul language!!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
Yorkshire man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkshire man »

This is an absolutely disgraceful outcome. Hartley calls the ref a cheat and spends his ban on the beach, coming back for the first game of the season, Cockers gets his suspension in matches. How many more times are we going to see Tigers staff and players treated entirely differently to those from other clubs when it comes to disciplinary allegations. :smt013
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

GT1 wrote:9 match ban according to tweets this is a match day ban still able to coach other times.
Sept 7 til Nov 2
9 matches of running rugby then? :smt003
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

The biggest injustice of all time!!!! If the evidence is that strong that a 9 match ban is required the case should have been heard on the same day as Hartley or have the officials concerned been bullied into testifying by RFU and the media?? As others have said it smacks of one rule for some and one rule for a passionate DOR who believes his players are not being protected from thuggish behaviour by opponents. If the TMO had been asked by the officials at the time to review the incident and had ruled that Barnes was right to only award the penalty then this sorry episode would never have happened. The danger we have is that players will start to dish out their own punishments to offenders if referees are not quick to stamp out dangerous play such as late hits, high tackles, stamping and taking players out in the air. I for one having had a finger broken by an opponent, because my hand was within 6 inches of the ball on the ground and he wanted to ensure I didn't attempt to play so he stamped on my hand, have no desire to see a return to such mentality on the pitch.
TigerLad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by TigerLad »

I'll be reporting any DOR that swears and I will expect them to get at least 9 weeks then. Horwill has been cleared so it is now okay to stamp on someone's face but if you are a nasty man from Leicester and you use potty language you get a nine week ban. Absolute boll!cks.
andysaint

Post by andysaint »

I feel it's a bit harsh to say Dylan gets some time off on a beach when I think he will probably prefer to play in Australia in what could have been a once in a life time experience at the pinnacle of our sport. Whilst Dylan's and Cockerill bans are probably long enough to try and teach other players and staff respect (which I do think is a good thing so we don't go down the route of football) it is difficult to justify when other acts that are intended to hurt people and could finish peoples careers go practically unpunished.
Soggypitch
Super User
Super User

Post by Soggypitch »

At the risk of repeating what i have said on other occasions, RC is Leicester to the core, he has a very good track record as Tigers coach/DOR and his loyalty to the Club and his players is undoubted.

Having said that when the red mist descends on match day, his behaviour is sometimes an embarrassment, unprofessional and plain stupid.

He has been banned before, hence the 9 weeks. I actually blame Toms/Wheeler for this, if they had "got a grip" of RC on previous occasions and made it clear in no uncertain terms, that his red mist inspired behaviour is not appropriate for a DOR at LFC, then this very public display of vitriole may have been avoided.

I hope RC and the Club learn their lesson from this ban.
Soggypitch
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

So, boys and girls, what have we learnt today?
He who shouts loudest is right.
Calling the ref a '******* cheat' is naughty but not as naughty as using bad language when appealing for the well being of one of your players.
Stamping on someone's face is OK, so long as you say you were falling over at the time.
Australians are a balanced race, they have a chip on both shoulders.
Rugby is a game of two halves, one northern and one southern. Both have a justice system but neither makes much sense.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
old one eye
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by old one eye »

If we needed any motivation for the coming season we have it.
We will stuff the rest with or without Cockers on Match day. Most of the major decisions are made long before the day.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

old one eye wrote:If we needed any motivation for the coming season we have it.
We will stuff the rest with or without Cockers on Match day. Most of the major decisions are made long before the day.
motivation indeed to stick it to the man again!! (like we needed any lol)
cheers
Rich
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

Sounds quite harsh: 9 weeks. However, this has been coming for a long long time and Cockers has no one to blame but himself. I think he is a fantastic coach, and a real asset to our club but his refusal to stop aggressive and foul mouthed behaviour towards officials was always going to get him in big trouble at some point. I feel very strongly about Tigers but with children and others around me during matches I manage to express my dissatisfaction with the officials without offending people, or swearing or abusing and I don't see why he is apparently incapable of doing so. In just the same way that an example of Hartley was made, Cockers gave the RFU little choice but to make an example of him.
How does it really affect us? He can coach throughout the week, and I doubt this will have a great effect on our performance. I hope he learns from it.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

RC is what he is - if you take away his aggression and passion you will have a mere shadow of the most successful coach in the AP. I'll keep him warts n' all, rather than some clever clogs who can't inspire a team.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."