Glad the team is not as incompetent as the shop!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MelChannerFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Glad the team is not as incompetent as the shop!

Post by MelChannerFan »

Or we would be relegated!

This moan is my first post on this forum.

On May 5th. I ordered a Legends T_shirt for my sister's birthday (July 8th.) to be collected at the Town centre shop.
After much chasing, it still hasn't arrived although a month ago we were told to allow 7 days for delivery!

I emailed customer services and was told to "contact your local Royal Mail sorting office".

Is this sort of service typical?
Rizzo

Re: Glad the team is not as incompetent as the shop!

Post by Rizzo »

No, and the Club shop at the ground has always been most helpful and accommodating when I've bought anything, whether online or in person.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Brianf

Post by Brianf »

It has always been extremely efficient when I have ordered anything.
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Eon B »

The club shop is generally excellent, and the Post office often isn't.

The ability to deliver stuff to a know address would seem a prerequisite of offering a service of delivering stuff to a known address. The Royal Mail is often found lacking.

I know were I'd look.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

Eon B wrote:The club shop is generally excellent, and the Post office often isn't.

The ability to deliver stuff to a know address would seem a prerequisite of offering a service of delivering stuff to a known address. The Royal Mail is often found lacking.

I know were I'd look.
The OP said he arranged to collect from the "town centre shop", presumably Market Street? Unless MCF ticked the wrong box I'm not sure how Customer Services think RM would come into it.

I do agree with you about RM generally though. The service used to be superb and is now quite poor.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Royal Mail service can be very unreliable. I have sent two recorded, signed for letters by first class post over that last month and they have lost them both. Their answer - Its not a tracked service and the signature is only obtained when (If?) it arrives. Please allow 15 working days before submitting a claim.

They just don't care a jot. 15 days for what should be a 1-2 day service.

Interestingly I had a similar issue a few years back and they replied with a very poor fob off letter and said that if I did not respond to that within 7 days they would consider that I was satisfied. So I got 7 days to respond by mail using a service that they don't consider late until 15 days have passed!