Who will be our captain next season?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerjackflood

Who will be our captain next season?

Post by Tigerjackflood »

I'm think it will be floody... Deacon hasn't had enough time and I think this will be his last season and he will be like 3rd choice sadly... Floody has knocked crane off the capt spot.
In all fairness though now the word captain is jut because they need it written on paper it's more a team effort... Anyone agree?
Eon B
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Who will be our captain next season?

Post by Eon B »

Disagree,

not with Tobermory as captain, but with the idea of the role being symbolic. When we've struggled its been through poor leadership on the pitch; I remember Geordan's intervention from the bench or touchline turning a few games around.

If England do the nepotism thing I'd love Tobermory to be our Captain. However I think a captain should play most of the games and all of the training. He needs to lead at Oval Park too,
butler8
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by butler8 »

i was thinking just this as i watched the semi and final. i think flood plays a different game when he is captain. his decisions dont seem as instinctive. trying too hard maybe. i think murphy was as good a captain as johnno. he had enough respect for the ref to question things but within the laws of acceptance to get away with it. very cleverly putting his opinions into the mind of the officials. i dont think we have a player who can be that man. someone has to be so i'd go for parlo or croft. far too many have been and appear they could be lacking a vocal element which is as important as decision making for me
kpj tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by kpj tiger »

For me Salvi is the man to choose, he is guaranteed to be around all season baring injury, he leads by example and often plays the full 80mins, Plus No.7's who are captains can tend to get penalized less at the breakdown which is an added bonus
RugbyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by RugbyTiger »

Toby has to be captain. It was noticeable at the final when he went off that we lost a bit of consistency. When he and Ben Youngs are on together we seem to have that "edge" over the opposition.
Carole

A REAL RUGBY TIGER IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE !!

ALSO KNOWN AS DORCAS - PART OF THE MOTHERS GANG SO WATCH OUT LADS !!
os99

Post by os99 »

Definitely Flood, with Salvi captaining when he's away with England.
Last edited by os99 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

No problem with Toby as Club Captain!

But no problem with Tom Croft either!!
Still keeping the faith!
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

I think it'll be Floody, new big long term contract (elevating him to Marquee player) and new club captain as part of the bargaining frorm Tigers.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Geoff Parling for me, Toby filling in when Geoff is away with England.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Hull Fan wrote:Geoff Parling for me, Toby filling in when Geoff is away with England.
So think that Toby won't be with England then :smt017, so who do think will take his place with England?
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Hull Fan wrote:Geoff Parling for me, Toby filling in when Geoff is away with England.
So think that Toby won't be with England then :smt017, so who do think will take his place with England?
I think England have one eye on the World Cup and sadly Toby doesn't seem to be in contention,Slancaster is going for a younger squad that he had with him in the Saxons. Same reason that Ant Allen won't feature either and could possibly go against Mat Tait also,wrong in my opinion, but I get the feeling that is what is happening.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Agrre with TB that is what is happening, but would add the rider that I don't see us getting out of our group at the WC if SL still in place and neither Oz or Wales suffer a downturn. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
Farrell & Burns will be the 10's for England. Toby will only be considered if one of these are injured.
I personally think this is also part of the reason Ford left for Bath as he probably thought Toby would be playing more games at Leicester than in previous years.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Someone said somewhere that the only time England get wide and do anything is when Farrel is missed out of the move,he can tackle and usually place kick when he doesn't lose his bottle and go awol as he did in Cardiff.He's not a 10 for me, Burns and Floody offer something that Fazlet has never shown, don't know where you'd put him, but 10 is the wrong place at the moment.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

tigerburnie wrote:Someone said somewhere that the only time England get wide and do anything is when Farrel is missed out of the move,he can tackle and usually place kick when he doesn't lose his bottle and go awol as he did in Cardiff.He's not a 10 for me, Burns and Floody offer something that Fazlet has never shown, don't know where you'd put him, but 10 is the wrong place at the moment.
You're wrong about Farrell, he does belong in the number 10 shirt (just in a different sport).