Why do some people ...

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rizzo

Re: Why do some people ...

Post by Rizzo »

going back to thread title....

....think they can make an appointment then roll up 2 hours late without apology or explanation.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
paddysdad

Post by paddysdad »

...not understand that to be late is an abuse of the other persons time.
...watch horses die in jump races.
...place cycles, wheelchairs or luggage in the exit doorway of a train.
...somehow always blame the police no matter how horrific the crime.
...root around in a loaded handbag for a purse AFTER loading their Asda trolley at the checkout.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Pam.B wrote:
DickyP wrote:Similar vein - why do people (almost invariably, women of 'a certain age') stop dead at the top of escalators? And for the same demographic, why do they congregate at the narrowest point in a supermarket for a social gathering and get peeved with normal people who wish to get past?
I'm probably one of those that stop at the top of the escalator, for the simple reason that I hate going down them :smt001 Need to pluck up the courage to get on, so be patient :smt002 No problem going up the escalators and there are not always stairs, especially on London Underground. And what are "normal" people? And I don't congregate in a supermarket - can't wait to get in, do the shopping and get out again :smt001
You get the 'not guilty' verdict - I was talking about going up when the objects of my hate stop-dead after getting off with the others behind them approaching with nowhere to go!
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

.. and queue for 5, 10 minutes etc in a car park to pay but only start looking for their ticket and money when they get to the machine.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Most of mine appear above. I'll just add

...go into a pub, knowing they are going into a pub, get to the bar and, when asked what they would like to drink say; "Ummm... " as though the idea that drinking something might be involved has come as a startling revelation. (I don't mind the "What real ale/cider/gin/wine have they got?" question it's the starting from scratch "Oh - a drink?" question.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina