Post by Tyzot »

Are the RFU kidding!
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Barnes for the final

Post by kpb »

Oh joy! :smt013

Saints fans are not over the moon either judging by the comments on their forum.
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE.
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

In the name of God Noooooooo!! :smt010
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Absolutely ridiculous decision....
he has missed so much from both sides...why do they do this?
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

smalldell wrote:Absolutely ridiculous decision....
he has missed so much from both sides...why do they do this?
Someone obviously thinks highly of him!

:smt017
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Name one
kpb
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kpb »

Tyzot wrote:Name one
Still thinking.....I'll get back to you after the final!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

I dont think he was that bad in the game at Saints this season, there are a lot worse than him.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Thats because it was very one sided so his influence was less.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tyzot wrote:Name one
He thinks very highly of himself!
Still keeping the faith!
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

That is a completely unacceptable decision. Barnes has refereed four of the last five finals and has performed poorly in all of them. Now he has a go at a fifth final.

If I was the other referees I would be complaining. Barnes has handled a number of recent matches between Tigers and Northampton very poorly and is completely unsuitable for such encounters.

The persistent selection of Barnes for finals is undermining the quality of refereeing in the Premiership as by rewarding Barnes for poor performances it sends a message out to the other referees that the RFU want them to officiate like Barnes, which may explain the increase in bad refereeing of late.

I am aware that the club have complained about his performances and selection for finals on numerous occasions.

I expect the club to do so again. I also think that the club should contact Northampton to see if they would be interested in making a joint request to have a different referee as I am sure that they don't want Barnes to referee the final either.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
Skin_and_Muscle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Skin_and_Muscle »

yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote: I expect the club to do so again. I also think that the club should contact Northampton to see if they would be interested in making a joint request to have a different referee as I am sure that they don't want Barnes to referee the final either.
He can be a bit hit and miss but on his 'good' days, he's a very good referee. Like some players, he just needs to make sure he doesn't get overwhelmed by the pressure. The vitriol isn't really warranted, though, he seems like a decent enough bloke.

As for making a joint request, they need to look no further than (AR) JP Doyle who, I concede, is the best premiership referee around.
yellow_balaclava_hunter
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by yellow_balaclava_hunter »

Skin_and_Muscle wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote: I expect the club to do so again. I also think that the club should contact Northampton to see if they would be interested in making a joint request to have a different referee as I am sure that they don't want Barnes to referee the final either.
He can be a bit hit and miss but on his 'good' days, he's a very good referee. Like some players, he just needs to make sure he doesn't get overwhelmed by the pressure. The vitriol isn't really warranted, though, he seems like a decent enough bloke.

As for making a joint request, they need to look no further than (AR) JP Doyle who, I concede, is the best premiership referee around.
Wayne Barnes having a good refereeing performance is extremely rare and too much of a rarity for him to be selected for the final. To have refereed four of the last five finals and performed poorly does not justify his selection again on the off chance that he might do well for a change.

If being 'overwhelmed by the pressure' is the excuse for his regular poor showing then you would think that by the third final he would have got used to it.
Excuse me. Where do I get a yellow balaclava from?
I asked Gavin Henson if they sold them at Matalan but he said they didn't because they messed his hair up.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I weep for what should've been a great match. :smt009
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:I weep for what should've been a great match. :smt009
I am sure that W. Barnes Esq., will "manage the game" in his inimitable style. I doubt that he will enforce or even interpret the laws of the game with any consistancy.
Still keeping the faith!